Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013367 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.6d (fixes 2016-11-20)
« Reply #1245 on: December 11, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »

Is it possible to remove the built-in vanilla factions from the faction list if you have disabled them in the Nexerelin config?
It's supposed to auto-remove the faction from the ingame intel list if playableFaction is set to false in the faction config, but apparently this doesn't work. In the meantime you can paste this into console:

Code
runcode Global.getSector().getFaction("<FACTION ID>").setShowInIntelTab(false);

(BTW: don't touch the list in the main exerelinConfig.json if you're doing that, that may have undesirable effects)

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 15, 2016, 07:38:25 PM »

I think it is a bug..

original post here
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11501.0

Ok..
I am playing as pirate faction, and my faction at the moment is having close pact with Sindarian.
And I am actually doing well for a change , when I finally took over the last planet/base that was hostile to me
A screen pops up and say Sindarian has won..but my pirate faction has pretty much owned all the planets in the galaxy.
The only planets left 2 Sindarian owned planet which I was planning on took over once all the hostile factions are gone.
So my question is ....is it possible for pirate faction to win the game at all ?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 09, 2017, 05:15:56 AM »

Note to modders:

A likely common bug causes factions to not post bounties when playing with Nexerelin's randomized sector, because the line SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("myFaction"); is typically placed in the generate() method that is gated behind the Nexerelin check in the mod plugin.
To prevent this issue, make sure addParticipatingFaction is always called regardless of the outcome of the Nexerelin check. For instance, it can go directly in onNewGame():

Code: java
public void onNewGame()
    {
        try {
            //Got Nexerelin, so load Nexerelin
            Class<?> def = Global.getSettings().getScriptClassLoader().loadClass("exerelin.campaign.SectorManager");
            Method method;
            try {
                method = def.getMethod("getCorvusMode");
                Object result = method.invoke(def);
                if ((boolean)result == true)
                {
                    // Nexerelin running in Corvus mode, go ahead and generate our sector
                    MySectorGen.generate();
                }
            } catch (NoSuchMethodException | SecurityException | IllegalAccessException | IllegalArgumentException |
                     InvocationTargetException ex) {
                // check failed, do nothing
            }

} catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {
            // Exerelin not found so continue and run normal generation code
            MySectorGen.generate();
        }
        // IMPORTANT: Make sure your addParticipatingFaction call gets called regardless of whether the sector generator runs or not!
        SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("myFactionId");
    }

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 14, 2017, 09:03:34 PM »

Is there any way to make the notifications that relate to your current faction / followers more noticeable? I end up missing a lot of them and suddenly realize my faction isn't at war with the fleet i am hunting down and end up starting one all over again. If the faction names pop out in their specific color when they appear in the bottom left that would be great.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 01, 2017, 01:17:27 AM »

May I ask if it's possible when pirates/cabal (pirates are usually bounty holders) are at least inhospitable with another faction (*especially mainline factions*) that bounties are no longer on offer against pirates/cabal?

It doesn't make sense for bounties to be put up on "deserters" if they're with Pirates or Starlight cabal.

Besides, it'd damage relations when they join an alliance and are no longer hostile.

Or, if possible, there might be an option to stop pirate diplomatics?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

DarkWolfie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 07, 2017, 07:34:57 AM »

Hiya was just wondering if it is possible to build stations/colonize planets with this mod?

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 07, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »

No. Not yet at least. 0.8 will bring outposts and surveying, so the possibility is much higher now.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 07, 2017, 07:43:17 AM »

0.8 will bring outposts
no it won't, sorry. surveying will be in, but it's gonna be mostly pointless for now, as the bulk of industry gameplay (including the construction of outposts on surveyed worlds to exploit discovered resources) will not make it into 0.8. i believe the plan was originally to add at least a good chunk of industry into 0.8, but then exploration, fighter revamp, skill revamp, and a lot of related work became higher priority. and even without most of industry, it's probably still gonna be the biggest patch do date. ^^

industry will probably be the primary focus of 0.9.

DarkWolfie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 07, 2017, 09:56:30 AM »

oh awesome cant wait to start building some outposts next year :D

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 07, 2017, 11:39:20 AM »

Damn. And I wanted to become the Trump of Starsector. Make Corvus great again!
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 10, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »

Spoiler
Code
6762444 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionEvent.createPirateFleet(MarketProcurementMissionEvent.java:215)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionEvent.advance(MarketProcurementMissionEvent.java:172)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Looks like something's breaking the code that spawns a pirate raiding fleet for procurement quests.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 11, 2017, 12:04:05 AM »

Looks like something's breaking the code that spawns a pirate raiding fleet for procurement quests.
Yar. For now the workaround is to give pirates a market somewhere:

In the meantime you can use the console command setmarketowner <market> pirates to return the pirates to the Sector.

It'll be fixed in the next Nexerelin release or 0.8, whichever comes first.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re:[0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.7 "Period Without an Update" (update 2017-03-18)
« Reply #1257 on: March 17, 2017, 11:12:40 PM »

After a lengthy delay:

Nexerelin v0.7.7 "Period Without an Update"
Download
Patch (0.7.6d -> 0.7.7)

May add more bugs than it fixes. Do not use while pregnant.

Important notes
  • Joining/leaving a faction is now done by talking to a base senior officer (see changelog for more details).
  • May have save incompatibility where existing procurement missions (including ones not yet taken, sitting in comm board) break.
  • I have it on good authority that the major mod *REDACTED* is likely to have a release tomorrow, so you may want to put off your new games till then.

Changelog
Code
v0.7.7
* Gameplay
    * Add dialog options to control followers faction alliances
    * Separate Templar invasion handling
        * There are Templar invasion and counter-invasion points, separate from the regular invasion points
        * When Templar invasion points are filled up, Templars invade one of their enemies
        * When Templar counter-invasion points are filled, one of Templars' enemies invade them
    * Add revenge fleets (first iteration)
        * After the player kills enough fleets or their faction captures enough markets, an enemy faction will send a powerful invasion fleet at player
        * See config file for options
    * Bonus prisoner drops from killing ships with officers (base prisoner drop rate reduced to compensate)
    * Don't exclude a pirate faction from victory check if player is a member
    * Mining base accident chance 0.5 -> 0.4
    * Agent raise relations effect range 0.8-0.14 (was 0.9-0.14)
    * Prism: Only carry ships from IBBs we've actually killed, not just accepted the mission for
    * Asteroid belt around star always spawns if nebula not present
    * Add morality tag for factions (currently only affects reputation changes from selling slaves)
* GUI
    * Faction join/leave now done by talking to market officials
        * For most factions this is the station commander or military base commander
        * For pirates and Templars it can be anyone except the quartermaster/supply officer (or mercs)
    * Reorganize start options menu a bit to prevent overflow
* Console commands
    * SetRelationship now automatically syncs faction relationships to player relationships
    * CreateDiplomacyEvent can create a specific event
    * Remove some unused commands
* Bugfixes
    * Fix procurement mission crash if pirates were wiped out
    * Fix some free start effects persisting into new game with another faction within the same application run
    * Actually start at level 16 (instead of 15) on SS+ commander start
    * Fix a money-farming exploit involving agents
    * Fix crew loot from battles
    * Preferential targeting of player markets in Starfarer mode now actually works
    * Fix some stat tracker bugs
    * Validate random starting ships (must have at least one member that is not a fighter wing and has nonzero cargo/fuel capacity)
    * Crash safety for mining fleet spawn
* Miscellaneous
    * ORA support
    * Full support for rules.csv directory/faction joining entries on faction mod side
    * Remove support for Starsector+ pre-3.4.0

On a couple of things that didn't make it in:

Is there any way to make the notifications that relate to your current faction / followers more noticeable? I end up missing a lot of them and suddenly realize my faction isn't at war with the fleet i am hunting down and end up starting one all over again. If the faction names pop out in their specific color when they appear in the bottom left that would be great.
I think I'll add an extra message line in the notifications area for war/peace changes that affect your faction.
Though there's already the popup that tells you "this is a non-hostile faction and your transponder is on, do you really want to engage?" If that's not enough, with the new update you can uncomment the line starting with ExerelinPrintFleetFactionRel in rules.csv and it'll print the relationship status at the start of each faction encounter.

May I ask if it's possible when pirates/cabal (pirates are usually bounty holders) are at least inhospitable with another faction (*especially mainline factions*) that bounties are no longer on offer against pirates/cabal?

It doesn't make sense for bounties to be put up on "deserters" if they're with Pirates or Starlight cabal.

Besides, it'd damage relations when they join an alliance and are no longer hostile.

Or, if possible, there might be an option to stop pirate diplomatics?
I don't touch the bounty events. You can still claim the bounty anyway, just turn off your transponder before attacking.

I'll be doing some tweaks to pirate diplomacy for the next version. For now, pirate diplomacy events can be disabled if so desired by opening Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json and removing all allowPirates tags from the events.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.7 "Period Without an Update" (update 2017-03-18)
« Reply #1258 on: March 18, 2017, 06:46:20 AM »

Woot! Finally pirate market bug is fixed! Now I can once more destroy everything!!! help the world by getting rid of pirates =D Thankfully I am not pregnant either, so all is good =) Thanks for the update Histidine! I shall now wait for the release =D
Ignorance is bliss..

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.7 "Period Without an Update" (update 2017-03-18)
« Reply #1259 on: March 27, 2017, 10:42:07 PM »

It seems it is an error of it mod.
Code
9045312 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addWeapons(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.campaign.submarkets.DS_SubmarketUtils.addWeaponsForRolePicks(DS_SubmarketUtils.java:147)
at data.scripts.campaign.submarkets.DS_SubmarketUtils.addBlackMarketWeapons(DS_SubmarketUtils.java:178)
at data.scripts.campaign.submarkets.DS_BlackMarketPlugin.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction(DS_BlackMarketPlugin.java:105)
at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinUtilsMarket.refreshMarket(ExerelinUtilsMarket.java:173)
at exerelin.campaign.InvasionRound.AttackMarket(InvasionRound.java:342)
at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetAI.advance(InvasionFleetAI.java:140)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.runScripts(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 396