Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014580 times)

billi999

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.5c "Planet Buster" (hotfix 2016-04-30)
« Reply #1155 on: September 10, 2016, 06:43:23 AM »

I'm trying to make my ship pack compatible with Nexerelin, and I'm wondering how I can gaurantee the faction will be friendly to whatever faction the player chooses to start with? I've made a json and csv file in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig, set up factionsLiked and it seemed to work at first, but it looks like during the initial simulation your faction has a chance of becoming unfriendly with the ship pack faction (independent shipyards). How could I solve this?
(This is needed so player can buy ships from the station)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:00:00 AM by billi999 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 10, 2016, 06:59:49 AM »

I'm trying to make my ship pack compatible with Nexerelin, and I'm wondering how I can gaurantee the faction will be friendly to whatever faction the player chooses to start with? I've made a json and csv file in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig, set up factionsLiked and it seemed to work at first, but it looks like during the initial simulation your faction has a chance of becoming unfriendly with the ship pack faction (independent shipyards). How could I solve this?
Is the faction supposed to behave like a "normal" faction (can be selected at start, can invade and be invaded, etc.)?
If not, set playableFaction to false in the Nexerelin faction config, that should be sufficient.

(Else you'd probably have to run an EveryFrameScript to clamp the relationship till I add special handling on my side, yuck)

billi999

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 10, 2016, 07:01:09 AM »

Thanks for the fast reply! I already have that set to false.

code for the faction file in data/config/... currently:
Spoiler
Code
{
    "uniqueModClassName":"data.scripts.cyansShipPackModPlugin", # String
    "playableFaction":false, # Boolean
    "corvusCompatible":true,
    "showIntelEvenIfDead":true,
    "noHomeworld":true,

"crewExpereinceLevelIncreaseChance":0.0, # Double, 0 - 1.0
    "baseFleetCostMultiplier":1.0, # Double

"customRebelFaction":"", # String
    "customRebelFleetId":"", # String
    "rebelFleetSuffix":"Rebels", # String

"positiveDiplomacyExtra":0, # Integer
    "negativeDiplomacyExtra":0, # Integer
    "factionsLiked":["player_npc","tritachyon","hegemony","independent"], # String array
    "factionsDisliked":[], # String array

"alignments":{
"diplomatic":0.5,
"militarist":0.5,
    },
}
[close]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 10, 2016, 07:14:38 AM »

I just remembered that unless you put every single faction in factionsLiked it's probably not going to work when the player picks a faction not in the list.

Well, making the faction non-playable disables diplomacy events and such for it, and you can get the starting player faction from Nexerelin code and set shipyards' relationship with it once the game starts. But it occurs to me that making the player relationship persistently good (including after things like joining/leaving faction etc.) is likely going to be a lot of work, unless your faction is friendly to everyone.
It's probably easiest if I just code something on my side. (ID is still shippackfaction?)

billi999

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 10, 2016, 07:24:58 AM »

I am willing to settle with having the faction friendly with everyone if that's the simplest solution.
ID is indeed still shippackfaction, should I have changed it to have a prefix? If so, I don't mind changing it.
If it isn't much work I would appreciate it if you can do something on your end.
Thanks again for the replies and being welcoming and accomodating after I swooped in out of nowhere with the mod.

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 21, 2016, 02:58:16 PM »

Hi there :D I have some stupid questions. I would like factions to respawn faster and infinitely, I would lie to play a never ending game xD plus it would be easier for me to farm weapons and ships. Sometimes I wonder why some mod factions take so long to come back, I guess their respawn fleet got killed before they could take over a station and come back into a sector. I found those lines and edited them this way: 

"factionRespawnInterval": 30,   # will spawn an invasion fleet for a randomly selected not-alive faction this often
"maxFactionRespawns": 1,    # factions can respawn this many times (not counting initial entry into sector); <0 = unlimted

to

"factionRespawnInterval": 3,   # will spawn an invasion fleet for a randomly selected not-alive faction this often
"maxFactionRespawns": 100,    # factions can respawn this many times (not counting initial entry into sector); <0 = unlimted

Is the faction respawn interval in months ? ^^ And as <0 = unlimted, if I keep 1 instead of 100, will the factions still respawn infinitely ?
Thanks by advance for answering me :) Let's get back to pew pew stuff xD

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 21, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »

Respawn interval is in days.

And as <0 = unlimted, if I keep 1 instead of 100, will the factions still respawn infinitely ?
Sorry, not sure what you mean by this. If you want to give factions infinite respawn chances, just set maxFactionRespawns to -1.

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 22, 2016, 07:41:04 AM »

Oh thanks :D Well I'm just bad at math haha. -1 it will be then, that's what I was looking for. 30 days is quite a good respawn interval, sweet !

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 25, 2016, 02:25:57 AM »

Histidine. Whether it is possible to increase quantity invasion fleets and size of the all fleets for separate fraction? Whether it is possible to make so that at start there were only 2 fractions?

I would like to choose the fraction and to play against the chosen fraction of the opponent on an equal footing having organized thus real war. And in this war fighting has to be more active.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 25, 2016, 03:30:34 AM »

Whether it is possible to increase quantity invasion fleets and size of the all fleets for separate fraction?
There isn't a way to make all fleets bigger at present (other than modifying the config files for every faction), but you can make invasion fleets appear more frequently by changing pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json.

It might also be helpful to set minWarWearinessForPeace to something like 999999999 to make the war go on forever.

Whether it is possible to make so that at start there were only 2 fractions?
In Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv, look for the row starting with ExerelinNGCNumFactions3 (it's row 62 in my local version).
Make a copy of this row and change all the 3s to 2s. Add exerelinNGCNumFactions2:Two to the cell in the row ExerelinNGCNumFactionsMenu above it, options column.
Select this option during the new game config.

(Pirates and independents will still exist in the game)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 25, 2016, 03:50:53 AM »

Whether it is possible to increase quantity invasion fleets and size of the all fleets for separate fraction?
There isn't a way to make all fleets bigger at present (other than modifying the config files for every faction), but you can make invasion fleets appear more frequently by changing pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json.

It might also be helpful to set minWarWearinessForPeace to something like 999999999 to make the war go on forever.

Whether it is possible to make so that at start there were only 2 fractions?
In Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv, look for the row starting with ExerelinNGCNumFactions3 (it's row 62 in my local version).
Make a copy of this row and change all the 3s to 2s. Add exerelinNGCNumFactions2:Two to the cell in the row ExerelinNGCNumFactionsMenu above it, options column.
Select this option during the new game config.

(Pirates and independents will still exist in the game)
Whether it is possible to clean somehow "independents" or to make their planets captured for Ai fleets and hostile to all? Whether it is possible to set a certain fraction of the opponent somehow? That she wasn't random.

...other than modifying the config files for every faction
- How to make it?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:53:15 AM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 25, 2016, 04:26:54 AM »

Whether it is possible to clean somehow "independents" or to make their planets captured for Ai fleets and hostile to all? Whether it is possible to set a certain fraction of the opponent somehow? That she wasn't random.
Not at present, unfortunately. Maybe in next version.
(In the meantime, if you don't mind a little work, you can use the console command setmarketowner <market name or ID> <new faction> to give the independent markets to one of the other factions at start)

...other than modifying the config files for every faction
- How to make it?

Example from Templars config:
Code: json
    "invasionFleetSizeMod":-0.25,
    "responseFleetSizeMod":-0.15,
    "patrolSizeMult":0.7,
To make patrols larger than normal, set patrolSizeMult to >1 (e.g. 2 means double size patrols).
To make invasion and response fleets larger, set invasionFleetSizeMod and responseFleetSizeMod to a positive number (0.5 means 50% larger).

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 25, 2016, 04:39:11 AM »

Example from Templars config:
???: (json)

"invasionFleetSizeMod":-0.25,
    "responseFleetSizeMod":-0.15,
    "patrolSizeMult":0.7,

To make patrols larger than normal, set patrolSizeMult to >1 (e.g. 2 means double size patrols).
To make invasion and response fleets larger, set invasionFleetSizeMod and responseFleetSizeMod to a positive number (0.5 means 50% larger).
It can be changed directly during the game?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 25, 2016, 04:52:25 AM »

It'll affect ongoing games, yes.

...Although due to a bug, patrolSizeMult doesn't actually do anything unless the faction doesn't normally spawn patrols in vanilla. Oops.
Well that's another reason to release the next version soon (maybe next weekend).

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 25, 2016, 05:04:45 AM »

It'll affect ongoing games, yes.

...Although due to a bug, patrolSizeMult doesn't actually do anything unless the faction doesn't normally spawn patrols in vanilla. Oops.
Well that's another reason to release the next version soon (maybe next weekend).
I hope it will work for Pirates, Templars and all vanila faction or most popular mods.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 396