Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014738 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.5c "Planet Buster" (hotfix 2016-04-30)
« Reply #1140 on: August 29, 2016, 03:14:28 AM »

Ahh, I must admit defeat! I started a Nexerelin game earlier tonight and was shocked to find that the lowest price supplies in the sector were 600 creds... things were going fine as long as I was 2-3 frigates hunting pirates, but not being able to purchase any supplies is tough! Death spiraled back down to 2 frigates after my 2 destroyer fleet won a fight but didn't get enough supplies.

Do you have Mayorate installed? It is a possible bug that their Planetary AI Core market condition can cause an economic deathspiral, rapidly pumping up the cost of supplies to ridiculous levels.

Kissa-mies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 29, 2016, 07:42:45 AM »

I think the problem is though that with 600 spacebucks per supply, it would be way too hard to expand. I never have seen sugh a high price for supplies in the 0.7+ universe. The highest I have seen was around 300 and that was an event. On my latest play 120 seems to be the highest with usual 50-60 ... now thats a galaxy I love :D
heh thats funny, in my current playthrough supplies are around 18c but fuel costs 250c which means moving around costs a fortune but blowing stuff up always makes a profit which is always fun.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 30, 2016, 07:57:47 PM »

Thaago,
do u start as part of a faction?
the commission bounty payments and monthly salary should be MORE than enough to completely cover supplies costs, even at higher prices for supplies
also, try moving do a different planet as your base, your faction HQ gets +2 stability which means more expensive goods. U'll have fewer weapon and ship choices at a smaller faction planet, but much cheaper supplies and it seems thats ur problem at the start

Normally I would absolutely agree with you! Started as a Hegemony captain, did ok as long as I had frigates as every fight gave more supplies than I used. But when I upgraded to destroyers....
I think the problem is though that with 600 spacebucks per supply, it would be way too hard to expand. I never have seen sugh a high price for supplies in the 0.7+ universe. The highest I have seen was around 300 and that was an event. On my latest play 120 seems to be the highest with usual 50-60 ... now thats a galaxy I love :D

Totally this! When the game started my jaw dropped - I've never had them above 200 before, and they usually settle down. I decided to try as a challenge, but couldn't hack it. (moderate damage to an enforcer is worth more in supplies than buying an entire new Enforcer! Flying from one system to another was enough down time that the supply cost was equivalent to a frigate for my 2 destroyer + 3frigate fleet. Just crazy.)

Ahh, I must admit defeat! I started a Nexerelin game earlier tonight and was shocked to find that the lowest price supplies in the sector were 600 creds... things were going fine as long as I was 2-3 frigates hunting pirates, but not being able to purchase any supplies is tough! Death spiraled back down to 2 frigates after my 2 destroyer fleet won a fight but didn't get enough supplies.

Do you have Mayorate installed? It is a possible bug that their Planetary AI Core market condition can cause an economic deathspiral, rapidly pumping up the cost of supplies to ridiculous levels.

Nope! The only faction mod was Templars to give a boss challenge. Although I might remove them because they spam out all the contracts with flux core missions... its a pity because I like having a faction around that my default reaction to is "AHH RUN AWAY"

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 03, 2016, 01:59:33 PM »

I have a small question, I am currently working with the Tri-Tachyon but I plan on splitting off and creating my own faction(which I can do right?) by capturing my own station, can I capture this station while being part of the TT, and have it be mine, or should I leave the faction then try to capture it?

Edit: found out on my own, but it would be nice to be able to name your faction, instead of it just being the followers. and how does it determine what kind of ships I get? I've really just been rollin' around this entire time with TT and Sky ships, whit a lot of Diable avionics missiles. But currently I just have a bunch of generic ships for sale at my station.

Edit 2: how do you get your faction to join alliances?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:52:04 PM by Brad***mofo »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 03, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »

You'll have to leave the faction first, otherwise when you conquer it the planet goes to the Tritachies.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 03, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »

Edit: found out on my own, but it would be nice to be able to name your faction, instead of it just being the followers.

You can change your faction's name, banner, fleet composition and all kinds of other things in the player_npc.faction file, located in \Nexerelin\data\world\factions.
Works pretty well with notepad++ or some such.

and how does it determine what kind of ships I get? I've really just been rollin' around this entire time with TT and Sky ships, whit a lot of Diable avionics missiles. But currently I just have a bunch of generic ships for sale at my station.

As far as I know the ships available for sale depend on the original owner of whatever you conquered, so if you want Tri-Tachyon or Sky ships you'd have to take one of their bases.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 03, 2016, 08:37:49 PM »

how does it determine what kind of ships I get?

You can change your faction's name, banner, fleet composition and all kinds of other things in the player_npc.faction file, located in \Nexerelin\data\world\factions.
(Or with DynaSector, look in DynaSector/nexerelin_options.json to let it pick ships and weapons from DS-enabled factions)

By default they can randomly join alliances like any other faction (there's an exerelin_config option to disable that). There's no manual control over followers' alliance joining at present.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 03, 2016, 11:11:41 PM »

(Or with DynaSector, look in DynaSector/nexerelin_options.json to let it pick ships and weapons from DS-enabled factions)

By default they can randomly join alliances like any other faction (there's an exerelin_config option to disable that). There's no manual control over followers' alliance joining at present.

Can I do to a game that is currently going?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 04, 2016, 01:02:52 AM »

Everything I mentioned is (or at least should be) changeable mid-game, yes.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 04, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »

Is there some intricate mechanic to how many fleets each planet spawns or does everyone just generate more and more ships as the game goes on?

I've played for a while in my current game and in some systems the amount of patrols and detachments is pretty ridiculous. I mean I'm willing to accept that the Hegemony or Tri-Tachyon can flood a system and they certainly do when you're at war with them, but having to fight through 9 150+ points pirate fleets (not counting the market reserve) to capture a level 3 station seems a tad too much.
In the case of pirates it's not even a real threat, at least not when you bring along support fleets of your own, it's just really tedious.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 04, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »

Is there some intricate mechanic to how many fleets each planet spawns or does everyone just generate more and more ships as the game goes on?

I've played for a while in my current game and in some systems the amount of patrols and detachments is pretty ridiculous. I mean I'm willing to accept that the Hegemony or Tri-Tachyon can flood a system and they certainly do when you're at war with them, but having to fight through 9 150+ points pirate fleets (not counting the market reserve) to capture a level 3 station seems a tad too much.
In the case of pirates it's not even a real threat, at least not when you bring along support fleets of your own, it's just really tedious.

Did you perhaps have attempted an attack on the pirates before hand but failed? As far as I know, if a attack on a market fails, that faction will send a lot of large fleets to flood the system where the failed attack had occurred.

Another probability is vengeance fleet, but I think that feature was removed recently.

Which station in which system were you after anyway?
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 04, 2016, 06:59:04 PM »

Did you perhaps have attempted an attack on the pirates before hand but failed? As far as I know, if a attack on a market fails, that faction will send a lot of large fleets to flood the system where the failed attack had occurred.

Another probability is vengeance fleet, but I think that feature was removed recently.

Which station in which system were you after anyway?

Nope, no failed attack on my part, in fact it was my first attack on any pirate station at all.
If someone else attacked and failed before it didn't show up in the reports either.

In this case it was Barad B (spelling?) in the Corvus system.
During the same game I conquered Sphinx from the Hegemony which was then in turn conquered by Tri-Tachyon. When I visited the system later to try and take my station back the place was absolutely riddled with Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon detachments, but with both of those being major powers (and fielding fleets that are actually worth fighting) I considered that rather fitting.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 04, 2016, 08:30:01 PM »

I set Diable, Tachyon, and SCY, to 1.0 with the Dynasector config file, but it still seems to mostly just using random ships. and how do I change the fleet composition in the faction file? there are ships with numbers following them. but I am scared to change anything there since I don't know how to add or remove ships and change how rare they are.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:33:31 PM by Brad***mofo »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 05, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »

It should be mostly identical to vanilla, except the "spawn more patrols if existing patrols are getting whacked" thing is actually significantly toned down.

Someone else reported a similar issue before, although it was Barad A in that case. I can't say I have a clue what could cause such a thing unfortunately, although I plan to implement a safety against the suspected possibility of the code doing something like adding multiple patrol spawn scripts to the same market, and maybe do some debugging in general.

I set Diable, Tachyon, and SCY, to 1.0 with the Dynasector config file, but it still seems to mostly just using random ships. and how do I change the fleet composition in the faction file? there are ships with numbers following them. but I am scared to change anything there since I don't know how to add or remove ships and change how rare they are.
The numbers in the .faction file after the ship variants are weightings. You can add new variants and change their frequency easily. It doesn't do anything with Dynasector though.

For DS, bear in mind that factions can also use stuff from outside their faction (and remember that markets don't update immediately; try using the ForceMarketUpdate console command).

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 05, 2016, 05:45:56 PM »

Someone else reported a similar issue before, although it was Barad A in that case. I can't say I have a clue what could cause such a thing unfortunately, although I plan to implement a safety against the suspected possibility of the code doing something like adding multiple patrol spawn scripts to the same market, and maybe do some debugging in general.

I think that problem has more to do with there being three pirate markets which each pump out a patrol, although there's technically only two markets (as the secret pirate base switches depending on who owns Barad A and B), but all three, I think, are kind of - sort of counted as one market (As an overall Barad market). So if you invade Barad A, you get the response fleets from A, B and secret base. Do you think that maybe the patrol script searches for 'Barad' to spawn stuff, but doesn't factor in there's two/three markets, so you get pulses of pirate patrols?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 396