Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013979 times)

moontan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.5c "Planet Buster" (hotfix 2016-04-30)
« Reply #1095 on: May 27, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »

love Nexerlin but i noticed a couple of issues...

* by the time i get to Level 30-35, the game is almost over as one faction is running over the sector.
maybe the other factions should go to Yellow Alert when one faction captures a planet.
if the same faction capture a second planet, the other factions should go to Red Alert and all join forces until the situation is settled.
they obviously don't care that one faction control 2/3 of the map.  ;)

* when a Planet that has Cabal store is captured, there's no more Cabal ships to buy.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 29, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »

So does anyone know how to increase fleet quantity?

Please? I'm serious!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:20:37 PM by gruberscomplete »
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:50 PM »

Almost every single faction is putting up missions for one or two Templar Flux Cores, and nearly none for other goods. Is this a bug or just an anomaly of code due to the cores being so incredibly rare?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 15, 2016, 02:25:34 AM »

Almost every single faction is putting up missions for one or two Templar Flux Cores, and nearly none for other goods. Is this a bug or just an anomaly of code due to the cores being so incredibly rare?
Sort of an anomaly, yeah. You can make it go away by opening Templars/data/campaign/commodities.csv and adding nonecon to the tags column.

So does anyone know how to increase fleet quantity?
More strike/invasion fleets: Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json -> reduce pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet
More patrols: starsector-core/data/config/settings.json -> reduce averagePatrolSpawnInterval
Anything else: figure it out yourself

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1099 on: June 15, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »

SS+, among other things, fixes procurement missions.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 15, 2016, 06:35:52 PM »

I thought SS+ was deprecated now with DynaSector existing. Either way I'm gonna just edit the templar file and remove it from the list.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1101 on: June 16, 2016, 09:04:46 AM »

SS+ is not deprecated.  DynaSector is not SS+.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 30, 2016, 12:50:24 AM »

A simple suggestion - can we make Construction Rigs have moderate levels of mining power?

Gorgonson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 30, 2016, 03:59:51 AM »

A simple suggestion - can we make Construction Rigs have moderate levels of mining power?

Then wouldn't they be de-construction rigs? : )
I endorse this, because anything that fleshes out mining further is a win in my books.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 30, 2016, 02:59:44 PM »

On that topic and on the topic of possible future tech mining stuff.

Could be possible to implement a system where either by using various operatives to network one's way in into a faction archives, or by attacking a fleet transporting tech, or simply conquering the planet and hoping they didn't manage to press the "delete" button (or just a random chance whenever you blow up a fleet) to obtain the blueprints for a faction's stuff?

They could either be returned to your planet allowing you to add such stuff into the market (sort of a Omnifactory-lite) or sold to another faction allowing them to use other factions tech.

This could be expanded into a whole behind-the-scenes thing where espionage takes place and possibly combined into the market-conquering stuff that normally happens, stuff like sabotaging a planet to deny the production of certain ships either for some time or until a tech-fleet comes carrying a backup copy, or two planets at war ending up using ships salvaged/stolen from the enemy.
On the left half of the Bell curve

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 30, 2016, 06:31:17 PM »

Could be possible to implement a system where either by using various operatives to network one's way in into a faction archives, or by attacking a fleet transporting tech, or simply conquering the planet and hoping they didn't manage to press the "delete" button (or just a random chance whenever you blow up a fleet) to obtain the blueprints for a faction's stuff?

Dynasector / Starsector both kind of already have this system in place for Nexerrelin, however the player has to do it themselves. I believe there's a text file somewhere in either of those mods you can edit that gives you faction whatever tech you want - the higher the number for that tech, the more 'weight' it has in your own faction, the more likely you're going to see that tech in your faction markets. So you can customize your faction to be, say, entirely Blackrock or entirely Diable, or perhaps you can do the whole 'every single time I conquer a market I add that amount of tech points from that faction to mine' thing.

The system you are proposing; I reckon it'd probably be a bit too difficult to engineer properly, especially when the player can kind of already do it manually kind of.

Gorgonson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 30, 2016, 06:45:45 PM »

Quote from: King Alfonzo
Dynasector / Starsector both kind of already have this system in place for Nexerrelin, however the player has to do it themselves. I believe there's a text file somewhere in either of those mods you can edit that gives you faction whatever tech you want - the higher the number for that tech, the more 'weight' it has in your own faction, the more likely you're going to see that tech in your faction markets. So you can customize your faction to be, say, entirely Blackrock or entirely Diable, or perhaps you can do the whole 'every single time I conquer a market I add that amount of tech points from that faction to mine' thing.

The system you are proposing; I reckon it'd probably be a bit too difficult to engineer properly, especially when the player can kind of already do it manually kind of.

Forgive me if this is impossible, but would it be possible to use the NexerelinOptions.json file as the default weight, then apply modifiers to this based on what happens in the player's game?
The player wipes out a high level Tri-Tachyon fleet, gaining +0.05 weight towards TT.  The player eliminates BRDY from the sector, causing their weight to fall a dramatic 0.5.  The player reaches cooperative reputation with the Hegemony, and gains +0.2 weight.
This would need some tweaking to differentiate between purchasable ships, and ships that would spawn as part of the faction's fleet, but I'd like to say it could be done - but here's me with meagre programming skill, promising the heavens.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 17, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »

Just got an error while entering hyperspace:

Code
2402540 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.world.ResponseFleetManager.generateResponseFleet(ResponseFleetManager.java:107)
at exerelin.world.ResponseFleetManager.requestResponseFleet(ResponseFleetManager.java:184)
at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetAI.advance(InvasionFleetAI.java:127)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.runScripts(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Katrina.752

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 20, 2016, 09:24:31 PM »

Hi there.

I was wondering, how could I edit the files to generate a larger sector?

More specifically, the amount of stars present.

Say... 36, or 48.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 20, 2016, 11:35:46 PM »

Just got an error while entering hyperspace:

Code
2402540 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.world.ResponseFleetManager.generateResponseFleet(ResponseFleetManager.java:107)
at exerelin.world.ResponseFleetManager.requestResponseFleet(ResponseFleetManager.java:184)
at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetAI.advance(InvasionFleetAI.java:127)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.runScripts(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Should be fixed for next version. Though it'd help if I knew which faction mods were installed; one or more of them might require special handling.

Hi there.

I was wondering, how could I edit the files to generate a larger sector?

More specifically, the amount of stars present.

Say... 36, or 48.

In Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv, search for ExerelinNGCNumSystems and ExerelinNGCNumSystemsEmpty. You should find the rows with the options to set the number of star systems; add/replace one option with the desired large number. (Note: not guaranteed to be fun or playable)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 396