Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013457 times)

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.5c "Planet Buster" (hotfix 2016-04-30)
« Reply #1080 on: May 12, 2016, 06:23:18 PM »

A quick bit of advice or help would be appreciated.

I'm having a bit of frustration removing the three of the built in factions for Nexerelin: The Luddic Church, Luddic Sect, and Sindrin. I've followed the FAQ and removed them from the bottom of the "Exerelin_config' text file (which was strangely in the main mod folder and not the config folder) to no success. I also copied a version over to the FAQ's file location, neither have an effect.

Starting a new game still has the three factions present in the "Intel" screen. I've also tried other approaches like removing any files I can find in the mod associated with the factions to try and error them out of the game.

At a loss now on how to find a solution so I'm hoping someone here has had a similar experience or answer to what I must be doing wrong?

Thank you either way for making an old pilot fulfill some dreams.

Yeah, those are vanilla factions. have you tried checking out the builtInFactions list?

Rydrick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 12, 2016, 11:08:15 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

While I do understand the three factions I listed are in the base game/are vanilla factions. The FAQ gave me the impression that I could actually remove them from spawning at all in the game via the "Buildinfactions" list. (Do they get removed but simply still have a tab/presence in the intel-factions tab?)

If that line in the FAQ does not mean it actually removes them, would someone share what it effects?

I'm simply looking for a way to have less vanillia faction clutter for Nexerelin (To make modded faction assets/ship more frequently encountered) so that Hegemony, Tritacion, Pirates, and Independents, are the only vanilla factions present from the base game when the Nexerelin universe is created. (IE: just removing the Sind and Church factions)

If this can't be done and I'm just mis-reading things, then sorry for the trouble, but if there is a simple way (I don't want to be a big bother here) to create what I described I'd be extremely grateful.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:15:17 PM by Rydrick »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 13, 2016, 05:44:16 AM »

Turns out doing things that way is slightly bugged; the "don't show faction in intel tab if dead" behavior will skip over the faction if it's not specified in either the built-in or mod faction lists. So they won't spawn, but they'll still appear in the intel screen.

Instead of removing them from the builtInFactions list, edit the faction config and set playableFaction to false. I'll amend the OP instructions accordingly, thanks!

Rydrick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 13, 2016, 07:55:03 PM »

Turns out doing things that way is slightly bugged; the "don't show faction in intel tab if dead" behavior will skip over the faction if it's not specified in either the built-in or mod faction lists. So they won't spawn, but they'll still appear in the intel screen.

Instead of removing them from the builtInFactions list, edit the faction config and set playableFaction to false. I'll amend the OP instructions accordingly, thanks!

Thank you so very much, this is exactly what I was hoping to achieve. The Tabs staying in the Intel screen are so minor they are negligible. Really appreciate the reply.

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 16, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »

A question about the player faction, are there any guides or such on how to expand the portraits the people in it will use, and alter the ships that fleets will be composed of? I'd like to change them to be something similar to the Junk Pirates or such for a gimmick playthrough I plan on, using some of the ships and whatnot from mods, but I'm not sure how to go about safely doing that without causing issues.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 17, 2016, 04:37:40 AM »

Will there gonna be new hyperspace maps or is it gonna be only one? the one currently available looks pretty cramped, especially with 24 stars.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 22, 2016, 03:34:48 PM »

Is IBB working when using S/W Pack instead of SS+? Haven't seen a single posting yet, I've been playing for a few hours.

Legacy IBB btw.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 22, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »

Using the versions just previous to this latest round of bugfixes, I saw a posting but haven't taken it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 23, 2016, 04:36:14 AM »

Oops, late replies:

A question about the player faction, are there any guides or such on how to expand the portraits the people in it will use, and alter the ships that fleets will be composed of? I'd like to change them to be something similar to the Junk Pirates or such for a gimmick playthrough I plan on, using some of the ships and whatnot from mods, but I'm not sure how to go about safely doing that without causing issues.
Portraits are defined in Nexerelin/data/world/factions/player_npc.json. (Portrait Pack doesn't affect them at present)
Ship variant choices for non-DynaSector are also stored there.

For DynaSector, full control over the ship choices will likely require more-trouble-than-it's-worth editing of the files in DynaSector\data\factions. But you can have the followers automatically use different tech from the DS-integrated factions with DynaSector/nexerelinOptions.json.

Will there gonna be new hyperspace maps or is it gonna be only one? the one currently available looks pretty cramped, especially with 24 stars.
It's actually just the vanilla hyperspace map rotated 180ยบ; the spots are picked from vanilla star locations + the ones listed in this post. I could draw a bunch of maps and have it randomly pick one, but that's too much work right now.

Is IBB working when using S/W Pack instead of SS+? Haven't seen a single posting yet, I've been playing for a few hours.

Legacy IBB btw.
I haven't tried a full game yet, but Nexerelin doesn't touch the IBB handling and I don't know of SWP caring if Nexerelin is running either.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 23, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »

Scratch that, I was just unlucky.

barecgesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 23, 2016, 01:01:09 PM »

Got to say it awesome mod how have i not tried this earlier ,adds quite a lot to the game  .

Gorgonson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 23, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »

Histidine,

I'm expanding on planetNames.json, and after much trial and error I'm getting the feeling that ExerelinSectorGen.java is completely ignoring the planetNames.json file, despite stating the default names will be overridden by any custom names.  Even the additional names that existed before I started altering the file don't seem to be considered during generation.

I don't have enough expertise to say why this is happening, but once the solution is found, I'll pass along my updated planetNames.json for you to look over and cannibalise.

- G

Edit: I'm getting multiple instances of an error during generation that comes directly after a reference to planetNames.json.
106135 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin/planetNames.json]
106136 [Thread-4] ERROR exerelin.campaign.SectorManager  - org.json.JSONException: Expected a ',' or ']' at 3394 [character 178 line 39]
270289 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin/planetNames.json]
270289 [Thread-4] ERROR exerelin.campaign.SectorManager  - org.json.JSONException: Expected a ',' or ']' at 3405 [character 40 line 34]
89249 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin/planetNames.json]
89249 [Thread-4] ERROR exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - org.json.JSONException: Expected a ',' or ']' at 3397 [character 40 line 30]
Interestingly enough, they all reference different offsets.  Could this have something to do with the names not registering?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:21:22 AM by Gorgonson »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 24, 2016, 04:23:46 AM »

Check the JSON formatting; a good text editor can do it, or use an online tool like this or this. (Get rid of any #comments first, they're not generally supported outside of Starsector)

Gorgonson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 24, 2016, 05:35:35 PM »

That's done the trick, Histidine!  I got so caught up in the red herrings that I couldn't see it was my error - I'd make a terrible programmer.
On the upside, the new names are working a treat.  Thank you.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 26, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »

How do you increase how many fleets exist? Its a little empty right now, and before you could change the number of fleets.
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 396