Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014562 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-16)
« Reply #675 on: December 16, 2015, 03:28:09 AM »

Beta 0.7e2 out.
(it's the same as 0.7e except I increased Templar and Spire fleet sizes a bit)

Key changes:
  • Economy generation revamp (hopefully for the last time)
  • Fix commission holder's relationship not being reset properly on peace
  • Don't inflict commission rep penalties if the third party faction is a non-playable faction, or not in intel tab
  • Custom patrol handling that allows size multiplier for fleets (currently Spire and Templars get patrol size penalties)*
  • Fleets should RTB properly instead of chasing random squirrels on the way back
  • Dominance mod increase from Starfarer mode is additive instead of multiplicative
  • Don't reset setup config on new game
  • War weariness: Raise most values involved; divisor grows with player level
  • Reduce marine production
  • Fewer utility ships in mining fleets
  • Don't spawn relays in uninhabited systems
  • Follow Me: fix fetching unrelated fleets; fix handling of already-following fleets
  • Extra fixes for independents doing things they shouldn't (alliances, invasion fleets)
  • Safety against "market in star" bug
  • Try using XStream to reduce save file sizes

*Strictly speaking, this requires a new game. However, you should be able to update an existing save with Console commands (untested):
Code
runcode for (MarketAPI market : sector.getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) market.getPrimaryEntity().removeScriptsOfClass(PatrolFleetManager.class);
runcode Global.getSector().removeScriptsOfClass(CoreScript.class);
runcode Global.getSector().sector.addScript(new ExerelinCoreScript());

Why isn't the player faction allowed to join alliances?
Mostly I didn't want to have to figure out the edge case of the followers faction being in one alliance and then the player joins a faction that also has an alliance (and possibly not the same one). Someone was working on proper handling for follower alliances, but never got around to a pull request.

On topic of supporting an Invasion fleet - is it possible to exhaust patrols spawned from a planet at least for a while?
Not at present. Maybe I'll implement something along those lines later.

(Still, you can support the invasion fleet in a multi-fleet battle which I find helps quite a bit)

So far this mod has added a whole lot of life to the sector, and i am enjoying the heck out of it!

The only annoying thing i have encountered is with invasion fleets. I get the notification when my faction is sending an invasion fleet, but i don't get a notification if the fleet is destroyed on the way there. so when i spend 200k+ on a massive invasion fleet that spawns halfway across the map and it gets destroyed somewhere inbetween, [ and i don't hear about it ] that sucks. i like to go to the place of invasion early and sabotage their fleets and such, but if the fleet never makes it there and i am sitting around waiting for nothing it gets kinds frustrating. it just means that i have to do all of the invading myself, and it feels like i am literally carrying the weight of my faction on my back.

It couldn't be too impossible, the food shortage relief fleets in vanilla notify when they are destroyed.

Otherwise thank you for keeping mod up to date, i love the fact that faction relationships move up and down. my favorite so far is when there was a love affair between a pirate and a hegemony officer. now, a cycle of love later, the pirates and hegemony are neutral with eachother!
Good idea, I'll put it on the todo. And glad you like it :)

mvlbrotherg24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 16, 2015, 09:44:44 AM »

Wouldn't it be simpler just to make Player a mod faction like brdy, scy, templar etc? Except when planets generate make it maybe just generate one market for the player. Then it would interact with other factions the same way nexerelin does with other factions. Then when players want to customize thier factions they can just do that themselves. I'm not a proficient coder yet but it seems this would be a simpler idea.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 16, 2015, 09:52:07 AM »

Wouldn't it be simpler just to make Player a mod faction like brdy, scy, templar etc? Except when planets generate make it maybe just generate one market for the player. Then it would interact with other factions the same way nexerelin does with other factions. Then when players want to customize thier factions they can just do that themselves. I'm not a proficient coder yet but it seems this would be a simpler idea.

Actually I think there are two hidden factions for the player. One that is like a mod faction like you said, that are the followers and the actual player faction and one more that is the player. Oh that moment that I smuggle in my planets and my own people hate me XD I am such a bad person. I can't even support my followers.
Ignorance is bliss..

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-09)
« Reply #678 on: December 16, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »

Just tried the 0.7e from the repository. I've only started one game, but the price of supplies is ranging from 20 when rock bottom price, and 100 from inflated price. Normal seems to be around 30-50 or so. Other prices seem okay too, but I haven't really been looking.

This is at the start of the game by the way, with numbers increased by one level from default; 6 systems to 8 systems, etc.
Scratch that, must've been a Christmas miracle. 150-300 on repeated generations. 8 systems, 6 planets, 4 stations. Prism Freeport enabled.

Managed to reach 30c for supplies on average after some time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:49:45 AM by Nanao-kun »

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 16, 2015, 05:03:39 PM »

Just finished a game and the end screen made me laugh.

Spoiler

[close]

I destroyed all the factions except the Templar, that they were in Cooperative with me and never disliked me when I traded with others or randomly dislike me. In the end I took 4/5 of the galaxy and the rest were captured by Templar. When I saw Diplomatic Victory, made me laugh for a way. Definitely I used hard diplomacy.. XD

Afar from that I want to point out that I repatriated any prisoner I got with factions, helping myself to boost relationships a lot. I do not know why it shows 0. Also considering I ended with 48 markets, I feel I captured more than just 22. But it might be just me, but I know after a point I started just flying around getting boss bounties and capturing any market I could.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:05:18 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 16, 2015, 06:52:27 PM »

Hmm, is it possible for a game mode to be introduced, where all factions have one market and they have to scramble to take an uninhabited planet/station to expand their markets?

Like, 1 market and up to as many uninhabited planets/stations as plausible?

It'd play like normal Nexerelin in the end, due to each faction having their own markets, but...I dunno, is it like that already? (due to me having extra fast start all the time, I wouldn't e sure if it was like that.)

If not, then don't worry about it.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 16, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »

Well that just made me laugh with joy. I take Qaras as my first planet in Corvus mode and buy out the stock of crappy D variants and put them in storage. Just on a whim I buy the Onslaught thats there as well and put it into storage, just to free up more spots for destroyers (I'm running a destroyer + frigate fleet).

I come back a few months later to find a Paragon for sale. Yes please!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #682 on: December 17, 2015, 03:59:48 AM »

That's basically how the followers faction works already, only it's integrated and has a couple of caveats:
  • Player defaults to followers faction when not part of another faction
  • Followers faction can have planets of its own even if you yourself join another faction, and they'll continue to obey you and fight your enemies

(I originally tried making player faction the same one code-wise as the one the fleet you control belongs to, but this had UI issues)

Hmm, is it possible for a game mode to be introduced, where all factions have one market and they have to scramble to take an uninhabited planet/station to expand their markets?

Like, 1 market and up to as many uninhabited planets/stations as plausible?

It'd play like normal Nexerelin in the end, due to each faction having their own markets, but...I dunno, is it like that already? (due to me having extra fast start all the time, I wouldn't e sure if it was like that.)
Yeah, original Exerelin had this and I'd like to implement it eventually. Need to work out proper handling for trade + expansion during the initial phase though.

Spoiler
Some challenges:
  • The economy needs to not break at any point (this likely means the "abandoned" markets still need to participate in trade with others and such)
  • Need a sensible mechanic for the factions to expand (I could reuse the existing invasion code, but doing this cleanly and without screwy behaviours would take time)
[close]
Just finished a game and the end screen made me laugh.

Spoiler

[close]

I destroyed all the factions except the Templar, that they were in Cooperative with me and never disliked me when I traded with others or randomly dislike me. In the end I took 4/5 of the galaxy and the rest were captured by Templar. When I saw Diplomatic Victory, made me laugh for a way. Definitely I used hard diplomacy.. XD

Afar from that I want to point out that I repatriated any prisoner I got with factions, helping myself to boost relationships a lot. I do not know why it shows 0. Also considering I ended with 48 markets, I feel I captured more than just 22. But it might be just me, but I know after a point I started just flying around getting boss bounties and capturing any market I could.
Collaborating with Templars? Oh you evil person.

:D

For the issues: It only counts markets you personally captured (i.e. spawned invasion fleets don't count). The prisoner thing is an odd bug, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 17, 2015, 04:29:03 AM »

Collaborating with Templars? Oh you evil person.

:D

For the issues: It only counts markets you personally captured (i.e. spawned invasion fleets don't count). The prisoner thing is an odd bug, I'll keep an eye out for it.

But but.. .. but.. >.> Ok to be honest I was too scared to go against them. That and politics does not seem to randomly make them hate me XD

But I never spawned an invasion fleet. I mean.. Paying so much money to let others have fun .. uhhh I mean battle for the market. But Indeed my AI might have by itself captured a lot of the stations. I would lie if I said I kept track of what invasions they did, since a lot of times I realised I was at war with factions that seconds before I was helping. Thank god they did not mess with Templar..

WE CONQUER BY DEGREES!
Ignorance is bliss..

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 17, 2015, 06:09:14 AM »

Question: How win money if i play a pirate faction? :x

Like i am hostile against all factions, i  cannot go bounty. For trade, this is dangerous. Mining is not very good.

A means add a script for give more salvage if you play pirates? '.'
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 17, 2015, 06:29:24 AM »

Question: How win money if i play a pirate faction? :x

Like i am hostile against all factions, i  cannot go bounty. For trade, this is dangerous. Mining is not very good.

A means add a script for give more salvage if you play pirates? '.'

Being a pirate would be plausible if the did not change boarding chance from 20% to 5%. I am glad the members of the forums to me how to change it back to 20 :D I think money is not a problem if you get to board ships. The problems would be to run out of sources to buy supplies I think XD
Ignorance is bliss..

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 17, 2015, 06:34:05 AM »

Yes, but buy marine is so.... expensive. For a rare boarding....

For supplies, i buy a ship who give supply per day, so except after a fight, i do not need supplies...

EDIT: I have found in FleetEncounterContext.java for more loot after win, but for add a external script, hum, yeah, i need a time. (And more, we need be Pirate, how deduct this? I suppose, if you are friend with a pirate faction.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:33:35 AM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 17, 2015, 10:44:44 AM »

I've noticed that if you have a mod that adds ships and weapons, but for whatever reason it doesn't show up in the game, those ships and weapons occasionally pop up in random markets.

I actually kind of like that, so is there a way to prevent a faction from generating? Cause I kinda want to do that with Approlight.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 17, 2015, 10:51:47 AM »

I've noticed that if you have a mod that adds ships and weapons, but for whatever reason it doesn't show up in the game, those ships and weapons occasionally pop up in random markets.

I actually kind of like that, so is there a way to prevent a faction from generating? Cause I kinda want to do that with Approlight.

Open up Nexerelin/Data/config/exerelin/exerelinfactionconfig and alter the faction's json and set "playableFaction" to false.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 17, 2015, 10:58:04 AM »

Open up Nexerelin/Data/config/exerelin/exerelinfactionconfig and alter the faction's json and set "playableFaction" to false.
Ah, I see.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 396