Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013099 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-09)
« Reply #615 on: December 11, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »

snip

Stability is not something you get easily on a game with Nexerelin + a lot of different faction. The reasons are that there is more traffic.

People come and go smuggling a lot. War is going on all over. Merchants search for willing kamikazi remnants in hopes they will follow them in sure to die missions. Planets get raided Faster Than Light.

There are many normal reasons this can be happening for sure, along with just a chain of unlucky events. But the difference between the stable and nice market of vanilla and the unstable and bad market of Nexerelin might be because factions do not just sit around shooting whoever passes close to their borders or rarely send around patrols. There is war war and more war.
Ignorance is bliss..

fgdfgfthgr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 11, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »

Ok, I had move the rules.csv ,exerelinFactionConfig part into Fleaden mod make it support Nexerelin. You can delete the Fleaden support in those two part.(But please don't delete the Fleaden support part of moveminingConfig.json, corvus_location_config.json,exerelin_config.json, I can't move those part into my mod.)
 :)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #617 on: December 11, 2015, 04:48:22 PM »

I found out who it was, turns out it was Tri-Tachyon sending those invasion fleets from Hoth to Tywin and crashing my game.

Spoiler
582297 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning invasion fleet for Tri-Tachyon; source Hoth; target Tywin
[close]

I believe I had at least one empty star system (suprisingly I thought that invasions were possible on empty star systems due to me thinking they're uninhabited planets for the taking)
Well, if a vanilla faction is failing in a vanilla component of code (officer handling), and no-one else appears to have this bug, then I'm not sure I can do any more than recommend a reinstall (of both the game and the mod).
Do Hoth and Tywin have unusual market specs (like, say, no market at all)?

(But please don't delete the Fleaden support part of moveminingConfig.json, corvus_location_config.json,exerelin_config.json, I can't move those part into my mod.)
The mod faction entries in corvus_location_config.json and exerelin_config.json are obsolete, you're supposed to use the new .csvs (check the files in the latest beta). Didn't think of the mining config, I may convert the ship/weapon entries to csv as well.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 11, 2015, 05:00:35 PM »

snip

Stability is not something you get easily on a game with Nexerelin + a lot of different faction. The reasons are that there is more traffic.

People come and go smuggling a lot. War is going on all over. Merchants search for willing kamikazi remnants in hopes they will follow them in sure to die missions. Planets get raided Faster Than Light.

There are many normal reasons this can be happening for sure, along with just a chain of unlucky events. But the difference between the stable and nice market of vanilla and the unstable and bad market of Nexerelin might be because factions do not just sit around shooting whoever passes close to their borders or rarely send around patrols. There is war war and more war.

Never said it was not high enough/harsh, but that it doesn't change no matter what! thats the problem :/ and it is nexerelin causing it, wished it wasn't the case, really don't know why but I am pretty sure its some weird glitch which is not intended, all I came here for was to know if anyone else had this problem.

Spoiler
PM : don't act like a 5 year old by making useless name jokes... its just weird.
[close]
  <== cringe/annoyance
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:35:29 PM by lilstrip »

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 11, 2015, 05:13:53 PM »

Never said it was not high enough/harsh, but that it doesn't change no matter what! thats the problem :/ and it is nexerelin causing it, wished it wasn't the case, really don't know why but I am pretty sure its some weird glitch which is not intended, all I came here for was to know if anyone else had this problem.

PM : don't act like a 5 year old by making useless name jokes... its just weird.

If this is an actual problem cause by Nex and an error, it will soon be reported by more people for sure. I have found a single market that was 3, and indeed it was after it was attacked. But the sure is that if it is an actual problem,. eventually will get it. My markets for now go up and down according to the log. Usually down since i keep smuggling. But I have seen no market "stuck".

If you mean me about the name joke, I said snip, not strip. Snip is used to not paste everything that was said before and save space. It has nothing to do with your name or striptease.

PS: If you feel you got hostile replies from Histidine is probably because you did not come here asking, but saying that it was this modes fault, being absolutely sure that it can be nothing else. I am sure if you asked why you have that problem, rather than accuse the mods with imaginary proof, you would not get missiles fired at you XD
Ignorance is bliss..

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 11, 2015, 05:34:38 PM »

oh wow... ya my bad on that one lol... (have three monitors and the thing is that I was reading on my far right monitor and its quite far away + I have bad vision ++ hapends alot that people make that stupid joke and was a bit annoyed lol)

anyway, getting tired so I will stop talking on the forums to avoid any stupid *** from being tired affect any people here, no one deserves this :) so will just play and will see if this problem on my side is related to a faction mod... altho it would be weird... but hey, we all make mistakes and I am pretty sure if I read what I just wrote the whole sentence will make no sense... welp guess not this time. so ya ttyl guys<< we aren't in a chat but whatever
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:42:42 PM by lilstrip »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 11, 2015, 05:56:50 PM »

Is it possible to save the start options somewhere so we can later start with the same set of options without having to manually adjust them again?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 11, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »

I found out who it was, turns out it was Tri-Tachyon sending those invasion fleets from Hoth to Tywin and crashing my game.

Spoiler
582297 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning invasion fleet for Tri-Tachyon; source Hoth; target Tywin
[close]

I believe I had at least one empty star system (suprisingly I thought that invasions were possible on empty star systems due to me thinking they're uninhabited planets for the taking)

Well, if a vanilla faction is failing in a vanilla component of code (officer handling), and no-one else appears to have this bug, then I'm not sure I can do any more than recommend a reinstall (of both the game and the mod).
Do Hoth and Tywin have unusual market specs (like, say, no market at all)?

As far as I know, not that I have seen

On another note, I did the Java 8 update not too long ago and put the newest update over the starsector folder and renamed it to JRE, for more information if needed to help out with the bug.

Edit 02# I encountered it once again, completely new install...

Spoiler
3254140 [Thread-5]
3252887 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager  - Created MarketProcurementMission: domestic_goods to Polres Nest
3254140 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnSupportFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:345)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:472)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:594)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Edit #04, my complete mod list for my Nexerelin Playthrough is :

(Mods)
Starsector+ 3.0.0
Blackrock Driveyards 0.8.0
Diable Avionics 1.2
LazyLib 2.1
Neutrino Corporation 1.82
Nexerelin 0.7c beta
P9 Colony Group 0.45
Scy Nation 0.98
The Mayorate 0.9.0
TwigLib 0.6.8a
ZZShaderLib Beta 1.1.2
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:51:38 PM by Takion Kasukedo »
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 12, 2015, 05:13:46 AM »

Does 'starfarer mode' starting option actually affect other faction aggression towards player's faction?

In my current game, while I started with some enemies (non-random relations start), eventually all of them except pirates (whom I throughly extinguished, gaining a lot of reputation with everyone) and Luddic Path signed peace treaties with mine. This includes even Templars! Who are still hostile to everyone except my alliance: Blackrock(my faction) + Tiandong.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #624 on: December 12, 2015, 06:33:53 AM »

Is it possible to save the start options somewhere so we can later start with the same set of options without having to manually adjust them again?
I've made it not reset each time the player starts a new game at least, good call.

Does 'starfarer mode' starting option actually affect other faction aggression towards player's faction?

In my current game, while I started with some enemies (non-random relations start), eventually all of them except pirates (whom I throughly extinguished, gaining a lot of reputation with everyone) and Luddic Path signed peace treaties with mine. This includes even Templars! Who are still hostile to everyone except my alliance: Blackrock(my faction) + Tiandong.
That Templar... thing... should not happen. Uh, I'll keep an eye out for it.

As for the question: Nexerelin calculates a "dominance mod" (basically the % of the sector under the control of the faction/alliance being checked during a diplomacy or covert ops check). If it's higher than about 25%, that faction/alliance is more likely to experience negative diplomacy events and less likely to have positive diplomacy events. Starfarer mode applys a multiplier to the dominance mod.
(code here)

It's possible it's not working as it should, or the effect is too small. I should debug it sometime, but since it doesn't actually break anything it's low priority.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 12, 2015, 07:26:51 AM »

That Templar... thing... should not happen. Uh, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Definitely I am feeling like one of those meme's will appear saying "Templars. Templars everywhere." I am just 100% glad that templars do not hate me for trading with factions they hate.. since they hate everyone. I have not been in all the galaxy, but wherever I go, I see Templars obliterating nations. Bounties seem to be triggered by Knights Templar 80%, rather than pirates on this gameplay.
Ignorance is bliss..

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 12, 2015, 07:31:39 AM »

As for the question: Nexerelin calculates a "dominance mod" (basically the % of the sector under the control of the faction/alliance being checked during a diplomacy or covert ops check). If it's higher than about 25%, that faction/alliance is more likely to experience negative diplomacy events and less likely to have positive diplomacy events. Starfarer mode applys a multiplier to the dominance mod.
(code here)

It's possible it's not working as it should, or the effect is too small. I should debug it sometime, but since it doesn't actually break anything it's low priority.

As far as I understood, dominance starts affecting events once I have 0.25 of all market sizes (+50% value with starfarer mode).
I think my faction (later alliance) was not big enough for dominance mechanics to kick in for most of this peace with everyone period. (Larger than default sector + many factions)

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 12, 2015, 09:42:31 AM »

Can someone clear up for me the reason why my mining fleet HAS to take damage in one form or another when I try mining, and is there any way to reduce the chance of damage occurring?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 12, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »

Can someone clear up for me the reason why my mining fleet HAS to take damage in one form or another when I try mining, and is there any way to reduce the chance of damage occurring?

This is meant for the realism of "accidents happen", that I know. I do not think you can do anything to prevent the random accidents though.
Ignorance is bliss..

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 12, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »

This is meant for the realism of "accidents happen", that I know. I do not think you can do anything to prevent the random accidents though.

I'd be nice to reduce the number of random accidents seeing as I get one every two mining trips.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 396