Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013859 times)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-06)
« Reply #585 on: December 08, 2015, 09:16:18 PM »

@Ranakastrasz

Didn't try it without starting a new game. And I commented whole "faction_commission" section (once again, not sure if it matters).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #586 on: December 09, 2015, 03:55:00 AM »

"The Independents have driven the Knights Templars from the sector!"

How do I avoid this?
What the hell? Is that some kind of a joke? (It does sound funny)
It comes up as "The  have driven the knights templars from the sector". It says independents in the intel tab.
Hmm, where does this come up? I can't recall (or find) any part of the mod that puts the two factions in the same message, except the one where the player wins a conquest victory (and you can't join the independent faction, so this issue shouldn't happen). For that matter, independents aren't supposed to be able to launch invasions.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 09, 2015, 04:45:23 AM »

For that matter, independents aren't supposed to be able to launch invasions.

The logbook doesn't go back enough for me to see the log entry, but I'm pretty confident I saw a Indie invasion fleet headed for a Templar controlled planet once.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-09)
« Reply #588 on: December 09, 2015, 05:25:53 AM »

* Histidine checks

Oh whoops, they can. And they're also wrongly getting involved in other bits of code (as are other non-playable factions including the Path and neutrals). Fixed.

Anyway, here's beta 0.7d. Key changes:
  • Dissident population market condition limited to markets size 5 or below (fixes overpriced marines and to an extent supplies as well)
  • Fix commission issues (SS+ compatibility; not being removed properly when it should)
  • Fix a random faction having two homeworlds if player chose free start
  • Fix war weariness checks happening too often
  • Fix independents launching invasions (and probably doing some other stuff they shouldn't)
  • Player is always hostile to pirate factions even with randomized relations
  • Remove military submarket override (alliance/commission handling; conflicts with SS+)
  • Replace uses of faction logos in event message icons with crests
  • Templar, Spire special fleet (invasion, strike, response) sizes smaller

Still todo:
  • Investigate officer levels
  • Refactor economy if needed
  • Replace Templar patrols with something that can be reasonably sized
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:42:24 AM by Histidine »

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 09, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »

Hey Histidine, Pegasus Belt Council claims it's compatible with Nexelerin, while your list under FAQ section of the OP doesn't have it in the list of supported. Please clarify, am I right reading it as "compatible but not supported" as in it will have its market and spawn fleets, but won't participate in politic dynamics and won't try to capture new markets?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 09, 2015, 12:33:14 PM »

What faction mods work with this?
The following mods are supported (later versions of any of these should work as well):
AI War v0.3b*
Blackrock Drive Yards v0.8.0
Citadel v0.8.3*
Diable Avionics v1.2*
Flu-X v0.56
Interstellar Imperium v1.9.1*
Junk Pirates v2.4.0*
Knights Templar v0.9.5b*
Metelson Industries v0.7*
Neutrino Corp. v1.82*
Scy Nation v0.98*
Shadowyards v0.6 dev*
Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.0.5*
*Supports Corvus mode

Remember that only Starsector Plus integrated factions will fully benefit from SS+ features!

The following mods are not supported:
Any mod that doesn't support Starsector 0.7a won't work!

I have many question:
-When this list will be updated ( i wanted download direct supported mod ) ?
-Or not, but i can just not understanding this dual list...  (Because: supported is compatibility no? (For me, yes, but, i see no, so.. ah ah ><)

Thank.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 09, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »

This is a very good change, they are way too overpowered as they are atm

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 09, 2015, 08:01:57 PM »

if (marketPicker.isEmpty())   break;   // f uck it, we give up

whats with this in the jar files ExerelinMarketSetup lol

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #593 on: December 09, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »

Hey Histidine, Pegasus Belt Council claims it's compatible with Nexelerin, while your list under FAQ section of the OP doesn't have it in the list of supported. Please clarify, am I right reading it as "compatible but not supported" as in it will have its market and spawn fleets, but won't participate in politic dynamics and won't try to capture new markets?
I forgot to add PBC to the supported list when it updated. It's on now, thanks for pointing it out!

I have many question:
-When this list will be updated ( i wanted download direct supported mod ) ?
-Or not, but i can just not understanding this dual list...  (Because: supported is compatibility no? (For me, yes, but, i see no, so.. ah ah ><)

Spoiler
I'm applying a curation policy to the supported mods list. Faction mods come in three categories:
  • Not supported
  • Supported
  • Supported and listed

Mods get moved from I to II if I feel like doing the work needed to implement support. Starting the current beta, the mod dev can also do this themselves entirely on their side by editing the relevant .csvs and adding a faction config file.

Moving to III requires the mod meeting certain quality standards and the author not giving cause for social sanction (e.g. taking other people's content without permission). If the mod is by a reputable author and/or of readily visible high quality, without serious bugs reported, etc. I'll usually move it from I to III directly; else I'll probably want to playtest it first.
[close]

I'll take a look at the Looters mod later and maybe list it then.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 09, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »

I forgot to add PBC to the supported list when it updated. It's on now, thanks for pointing it out!
Great, thanks a lot!

Spenz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 09, 2015, 10:21:16 PM »

Personally I don't mind the Templar being overpowered, since that is what they are.  What was the huge issue was that they STARTED with an array of battlegroups so overwhelming that no navy forces in the beginning have any chance of protecting the supply convoys.  Furthermore, even the fleets with 5-7 archbishops still traveled very fast, thus they were tough to outrun, and they seem to have limitless CR, so you couldn't attrit them.

As for the patrols, the most glaring issue is that the Archbishop is far too common.  They are supposed to be the grand warships of the templar, but they are as common as Paladin's, at least in my game.  Paladin's are fairly easy to knock out if you can bait them into using their holy charge.  Archbishops are moving castles, and every assault on even just one of these monsters is like Omaha beach in space; ships dying left and right to clarents and that Tsar Bomb Priwan burst that only the bishop can produce.

I haven't tried the new patch yet so I will check them out again. Just don't nerf the Templars too much.  I like hard mode, I just didn't take well to suicide mode.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:23:30 PM by Spenz »

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 10, 2015, 03:52:16 AM »

Personally I don't mind the Templar being overpowered, since that is what they are.  What was the huge issue was that they STARTED with an array of battlegroups so overwhelming that no navy forces in the beginning have any chance of protecting the supply convoys.  Furthermore, even the fleets with 5-7 archbishops still traveled very fast, thus they were tough to outrun, and they seem to have limitless CR, so you couldn't attrit them.

As for the patrols, the most glaring issue is that the Archbishop is far too common.  They are supposed to be the grand warships of the templar, but they are as common as Paladin's, at least in my game.  Paladin's are fairly easy to knock out if you can bait them into using their holy charge.  Archbishops are moving castles, and every assault on even just one of these monsters is like Omaha beach in space; ships dying left and right to clarents and that Tsar Bomb Priwan burst that only the bishop can produce.

I haven't tried the new patch yet so I will check them out again. Just don't nerf the Templars too much.  I like hard mode, I just didn't take well to suicide mode.

I agreed with all that!

I would LOVE to re-enable templars! (I disabled them because every time I left them enabled in Nexerelin they would outright wipe out all other factions... making the galaxy to become a "monofaction" thing, maybe I just had bad luck too though...)

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 10, 2015, 04:19:02 AM »

I was wondering why Nexerelin suddenly got harder, turns out there're officers everywhere :o

Probe1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 10, 2015, 08:01:39 AM »

With Hegemony start I get periodic messages telling me I'm hostile with "the wanted" and "bounty hunters", then lose rep with Hegemony.  

That's pretty weird.  Only running SS+ and Nexerlin 0.7c.  Corvus mode.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:12:36 AM by Probe1 »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 10, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »

Is this bug already on it's way to being fixed?

Spoiler
699672 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:372)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:466)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:601)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

It happens everytime it hits July during my playthrough.

EDIT 01# It happened again...

Spoiler
8171363 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:372)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:466)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:601)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:05:05 PM by Takion Kasukedo »
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 396