Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013684 times)

Spenz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-06)
« Reply #570 on: December 07, 2015, 10:02:07 PM »

Yep fixing the decaying rep bug would be nice.  The game is brutally hard enough as it is.  The Scy have a relatively easy start with cheap supplies and an accessible empty system, but the Templar are legion in my game for some reason.  Over 20 fleets, each with at least 1 archbishop (some have 7 archbishops!!!!!) are roaming around both in system and in hyperspace.  It makes it very difficult to expand when the Templar are steamrolling over every single faction. 

To be fair they were like this in my vanilla game, but not to this extent, and never with such powerful fleets.  Hard-mode indeed.  It's like Dark Souls in space.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #571 on: December 08, 2015, 05:49:37 AM »

Hmm, I'll reduce the size of the Templar invasion/response fleets, but I'm not sure I can do much about their patrols unfortunately :(
I'll see what I can do, though.

For overpriced marines (and probably supplies as well), here's something to try:
Open data/config/exerelin/marketConfig.json.
Find the "dissident" entry and either comment it out completely, or give it a maximum size, like so:
Code: json
		{
"name":"dissident",
"special":true,
"archetypes":{"default":1},
"minSize":3,
"maxSize":5,
"allowDuplicates":false
},

instago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 08, 2015, 06:58:48 AM »

Getting spammed with "Commission with the Hegemony Annulled".

I was in Hegemony, but left. This message occurred a little while after I had left, and hasn't stopped repeating.

Mods installed:

Nexerelin 0.7c
SS+ 3.0
Blackrock Drivers 0.8.0
LazyLib 2.1
ZZ ShaderLib Beta 1.1.1
Version Checker 1.4c

Also wanted to add to the pile of reports about the reputation degrading wrt the faction you're in, due to "the wanted" and "the bounty hunters" factions.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:28:11 AM by instago »

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 08, 2015, 08:47:25 AM »

Also wanted to add to the pile of reports about the reputation degrading wrt the faction you're in, due to "the wanted" and "the bounty hunters" factions.

This works:

Commenting out the relevant line in Nexerelin's events.json should work, although I don't know if existing saves will break. Note that doing this will likely cause bugs if SS+ is off.

Marine prices solution also seems to work, though supply prices up to at least 300 are still possible.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:56:32 AM by TaLaR »

instago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 08, 2015, 09:21:56 AM »

Ooh, I mistakenly thought the red lines were the ones to change.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 08, 2015, 09:52:47 AM »

A question, i have test my mod in Nexerelin. (oh, sorry, before i say Nexeredin, sorry ><)

When i have attack a station of my mod, i am dead, ok, but we have not options for low response against pirates when you attack a pirate's station? Because a too big fleet who attack you because you have attack a small factions, this is....

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Xan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 08, 2015, 10:07:59 AM »

Marine prices solution also seems to work, though supply prices up to at least 300 are still possible.

Dissidents should not affect Supplies: http://starsector.wikia.com/wiki/Market_conditions (as this is the vanilla wiki, this is obviously not taking possible mod changes into account, no idea what and how many market conditions are mod based and create demand for supplies)

All you're doing is limiting what size markets are allowed to get that specific condition (or it just limits the market size entirely, but that seems unlikely to me even with my limited understanding of how the game works)

You need to find a condition that increases supply demand, like Frontier or Military bases. (I could only find military bases in that particular file, and I don't know how that event works or where it sits)

Commenting these out should drastically reduce demand, as they seem to be the only ones actively creating demand.

I don't believe NPC fleets actually are considered by the market simulation, especially under considering that Large templar fleets exist, should you use that mod. I don't want to know how many supplies/day a fleet with aforementioned 7 Archbishops would take if it were a player fleet.

Disclaimer: I dont have an actual idea how most of these interactions really work, so this is mostly guesswork.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 08, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »

Suggestion:
When using random starting relations option, set Pirates hostile to all, like Luddic Path and Templars. (Or at least hostile to player faction)
Player needs to be hostile with pirates for bounties and just attacking them when non-hostile will cause huge relations penalty with everyone.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:15:03 AM by TaLaR »

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 08, 2015, 11:03:03 AM »

A question, i have test my mod in Nexerelin. (oh, sorry, before i say Nexeredin, sorry ><)

When i have attack a station of my mod, i am dead, ok, but we have not options for low response against pirates when you attack a pirate's station? Because a too big fleet who attack you because you have attack a small factions, this is....

It is low techincally speaking, pirate ships are garbage variants that are easy to kill. I have just captured two planets belonging to pirates using only one Onslaught battleship. Took little damage.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 08, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »

"The Independents have driven the Knights Templars from the sector!"

How do I avoid this?

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 08, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »

How do I avoid this?
What the hell? Is that some kind of a joke? (It does sound funny)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 08, 2015, 11:21:45 AM »

[...]
It is low techincally speaking, pirate ships are garbage variants that are easy to kill. I have just captured two planets belonging to pirates using only one Onslaught battleship. Took little damage.

I talk my mod is a pirate faction, more hard than pirate. (Looters faction)

But,yes, i have not battleship, bad idea attack. (And i have not EMP weapon when i have attack this faction, i have see...)

How do I avoid this?
Ah ah, i want know how!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:24:46 AM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 08, 2015, 11:26:31 AM »

How do I avoid this?
It comes up as "The  have driven the knights templars from the sector". It says independents in the intel tab.

Xan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 08, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »

Man, alex wasn't kidding when he said he made invasion fleets less scatterbrained. They must've put some effort into that one.

Edit: on my previous experiment with locking "name":"military_base", to "maxSize":5 similar to what Histidine recommended:
Commenting out the relevant line in Nexerelin's events.json should work, although I don't know if existing saves will break. Note that doing this will likely cause bugs if SS+ is off.

The hardcore solution is to port the necessary changes from SS+'s commission event into Nexerelin's and make it use that.

Crashed immediately after creating a character during new game generation. Here's the log excerpt for the curious:
Spoiler
126077 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinMarketSetup.pickPlanetTypeFromArchetype(ExerelinMarketSetup.java:280)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen.buildSystem(ExerelinSectorGen.java:1370)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen.generate(ExerelinSectorGen.java:707)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.int.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacesuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.U.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Commenting out "maxSize":5 fixed it, I guess I'll just assume that somewhere the generator is told that military bases can be or will be bigger or something like that until Histidine clears this up for my dummy self.

I did however lock dissidents and finally got a sector that doesn't have horribly inflated supply and marine costs. Yay.

So yeah, in short: ignore my previous post that said to lock military bases in the same fashion to fix high supply prices, my bad.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:37:19 PM by Xan »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 08, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »

Well, guess I'll be spending the week gutting and redoing the economy generator again (hopefully for the last time).

*dramatic sigh*

Blackrock commission reduces my reputation for having hostile relations with "bounty hunters" and "wanted". (In Nexelerin)
Not sure whether it is SS+ or Blackrock bug...

Otherwise awesome mod as always.
I have the same problem except I have commission with Tiandong in Nexerelin. I also use SS+.
Nex bug, I believe.  SS+ overrides the event, but Nexerelin re-overrides it without the fixes SS+ makes.

Is there any solution for this issue? I got 3 months in before this went off as well. Supposidly this is a nexerelin-starsector+ hybrid bug caused by nexerelin specifically.

For now, I am just adding the repuation back in after losing it via console commands, to neutralize the effect.

The hardcore solution is to port the necessary changes from SS+'s commission event into Nexerelin's and make it use that.
That would be the
Code
	"faction_commission":{
# "script":"exerelin.campaign.events.ExerelinFactionCommissionMissionEvent",
},
part, right? I did so, nothing changed. Is a new game required for this to work?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:04:39 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 396