Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013477 times)

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.2.3 (update-2 2015-03-08)
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »

I think what this needs the most right now is a lot of the recent SS+ features. Randomised ship loadouts, scaled fleets/bounty spawns, bounties on the player, rebalanced skills and hullmods, etc. Right now it feels really empty past the super early game since the spawns are so small scale. Although I guess just making them compatible would also work.

MindsEye

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 06:49:45 AM »

This is great. Thanks for updating. One suggestion so far is to move this thread to the mods page I didnt know it existed.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 06:04:42 AM »

Yes! I have been waiting for someone to make an exerelin like mod! ;D
Downloading and testing when I have the time.

Edit: And i see you have tested my mod (flu-X) with it.
I really should start working a bit more on it and i will try to make it compatible!

Edit (again): Question! Are the features that currently are not included (that were in the former exerelin) are going to be included later on or not?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:12:10 AM by spoortje1 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 07:43:49 AM »

I just noticed pirates are always neutral unless randomization is on (then they're always hostile).
*sigh* Someday I hope to make a release without painfully obvious bugs in it.

Edit (again): Question! Are the features that currently are not included (that were in the former exerelin) are going to be included later on or not?
I plan to implement faction switching at some point (in fact, your faction should boot you out if you make them mad at you), and faction respawns as well. Tartiflette's been nagging me suggesting some ideas with active mining fleets + a more sophisticated tying of fleet spawning to economy, so that's something to look at too. Actual alliances, eventually.

Anything else in particular that people want?

MindsEye

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 07:56:49 AM »

This is great so far. I love being able to shape the galaxy.

First thing is I have a hard time finding fighters and bombers to purchase anywhere.Im playing with most mods suggested btw.Most of the time seems to be only a few available sometimes in black market.

Second defense fleets seem really weak so far. I have eliminated 2 factions so far(tho they were weak).Also be nice to get some reward for capturing a planet or station. Maybe like everything is half off for that place for a short time(like you get to pillage).

Im curious how the economy works. Are spawning fleets random or tied to production? Can you support production of fleets any other way then capturing worlds?
Would be cool if you dropped off the right amount of supplies that fleet production would go up for a world.

I also think it would be cool if you went to capture a world you had to fight a fleet plus a star/defensebase.Kinda like a boss ship fight.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 08:16:01 AM »

For the Templars to work, do they need both this and SS+ enabled? I'm getting an error:
Code
217962 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.events.CampaignEventTarget.<init>(CampaignEventTarget.java:20)
at data.scripts.TEMModPlugin.onGameLoad(TEMModPlugin.java:43)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.do.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.O0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.?o000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 08:50:02 AM »

For the Templars to work, do they need both this and SS+ enabled? I'm getting an error:

If it's a fatal null error it's likely they do... They shouldn't, but I'm getting  fatal null error and will be testing it with just the vallina factiosn before posting the code-file with the normal compliment of mods I carry.

PS: make sure the mod is actually supported first in the list. Otherwise, start looking at he log file every time it crahs and disable the likely mod.

PSS: after going through my mods I've found that it works, I just need to disable the mods that aren't up to date or unsupported. an they're not that big ofa deal to play this fun mod again! :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:00:56 AM by Azmond »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 09:03:34 AM »

Im curious how the economy works. Are spawning fleets random or tied to production? Can you support production of fleets any other way then capturing worlds?
Would be cool if you dropped off the right amount of supplies that fleet production would go up for a world.
Fleet spawning behavior is mostly identical to vanilla. The old Exerelin had stations use supplies to make fleets (more supplies = more fleets), and I'll probably implement something similar here as well at some point.
(or, since I'm lazy, wait for Alex to do something similar in vanilla)

Reserve generation speed (for response fleets) and the size of invasion fleets are tied partly to stability, so there's that.

For the Templars to work, do they need both this and SS+ enabled?
You don't need SS+ (in fact, I fully expect it'll explode if you try to use it with Nexerelin).
Are you using Templars 0.94b?

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 09:57:06 AM »

Are you using Templars 0.94b?
I am now :)

Jim.jhd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »

Fleet spawning behavior is mostly identical to vanilla. The old Exerelin had stations use supplies to make fleets (more supplies = more fleets), and I'll probably implement something similar here as well at some point.
(or, since I'm lazy, wait for Alex to do something similar in vanilla)

Reserve generation speed (for response fleets) and the size of invasion fleets are tied partly to stability, so there's that.

I have played this mod for couple days! I do like this mod!  :D :D

At the begining, other factions' fleets were quite large compared to player's. However, you can easily destoryed them when you got more than 4 cruisers or battleships. Is there any ways to increase the fleet size??

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 07:50:17 PM »

so i got an error twice when i tried to start a game with this, help?
error log:
Spoiler
(-Snipped- for sanitys sake, and because I can't upload the file for some reason)
339179 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin_config.json]
339181 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hegemony.json]
339182 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/tritachyon.json]
339184 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/sindrian_diktat.json]
339185 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/luddic_church.json]
339186 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/pirates.json]
339188 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/batavia.json]
339190 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/blackrock_driveyards.json]
339193 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/bushi.json]
339195 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/citadeldefenders.json]
339197 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/dstech.json]
339198 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/gedune.json]
339200 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hiigaran_descendants.json]
339202 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/insurgency.json]
339204 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/interstellarFederation.json]
339206 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/junk_pirates.json]
339208 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/mayorate.json]
339209 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/neutrinocorp.json]
339211 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/nomads.json]
339215 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/ori.json]
339216 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/rori.json]
339218 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/pack.json]
339221 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/patnavy.json]
339224 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/pn.json]
339230 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/regime.json]
339232 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/shadow_industry.json]
339233 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/syndicate_asp.json]
339235 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/valkyrian.json]
339238 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/zorg.json]
339241 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/relics.json]
339242 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/BGE.json]
339244 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/qualljom.json]
339246 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/scavengers.json]
339248 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/sun_ice.json]
339250 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/exigency.json]
339251 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/exipirated.json]
339252 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/interstellarimperium.json]
339255 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/eleutheria.json]
339256 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/SCY.json]
339258 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/lotus_pirates.json]
339260 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/diableavionics.json]
339262 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/crystanite.json]
339263 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/templars.json]
339265 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/diplomacyConfig.json]
339267 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Official Aid
339267 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Philanthropy
339267 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Cultural Boom
339268 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Cooperation Deal
339268 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Major Cooperation Deal
339268 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Celebrity Wedding
339268 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Helped Foil Terror Plot
339269 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Criminal Extradited
339269 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Prisoner Exchange
339269 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Antiwar Protests
339269 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Star-crossed Lovers
339270 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Diplomatic Blunder
339270 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Failed Deal
339270 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Celebrity Wedding Jilted
339270 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Political Funding Uncovered
339270 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Xenophobia
339271 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Criminal Extradition Refused
339271 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Spy Ring Uncovered
339271 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Sabotage Uncovered
339271 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Supporting Rebels
339271 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Diplomat Crime Ring
339271 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Privateering
339272 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Shots Fired
339272 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Ceasefire
339272 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Peace Treaty
339272 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Religious Expansion
339272 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Religious Minority Persecuted
339273 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Religious Majority Persecutes
339273 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Priest Scandal
339273 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Condemn Treatment of Dissidents
339273 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Anti-Corporation Movement
339273 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Adding diplomacy event Technology Stolen
340151 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.events.CampaignEventTarget.<init>(CampaignEventTarget.java:20)
   at data.scripts.IIModPlugin.onGameLoad(IIModPlugin.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.do.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.O0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 07:52:55 PM »

Update Interstellar Imperium.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 08:05:05 PM »

Oh hell yeah. You just made me a very happy man.

MindsEye

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 01:38:07 PM »

Economy seems fairly well off. Some items seem priced wrong tho. I have seen regular ore and rare cost the same.In general things seem to cost the same.There could be some differences in prices to add more variety to the market.

I like how you cant just run around capturing planets without it cost you money.Kind of simulates war as being expensive.

Would love to see factions put high bounties against you for war crimes and send out massive fleets to attack you.Would be cool if they could group up and attack all at once.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 07:58:31 AM »

At the begining, other factions' fleets were quite large compared to player's. However, you can easily destoryed them when you got more than 4 cruisers or battleships. Is there any ways to increase the fleet size??
Yeah, it's rather like vanilla where you start out small but once you get enough skills and ships you can steamroll most things (though in Exerelin by the time you reach this point it's time to finish the game, so I'm not as concerned as I might be). Anyway, to answer the question:

Patrol fleets: not easily
Invasion/response fleets: not player side for now, but I could make these scale with player level; is that desirable?

I have seen regular ore and rare cost the same.In general things seem to cost the same.There could be some differences in prices to add more variety to the market.
The ore thing sounds like a trade disruption, was there one going on?
I'm not sure it'll actually work for the purpose of increasing price differentials, but I could try making planets more specialized so they're less likely to produce everything they need themselves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 396