Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3052236 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.4c "Head Start" (fix update 2016-03-19)
« Reply #975 on: March 28, 2016, 05:22:30 AM »

@figvam: Sounds like followers got made hostile to themselves during the original bug with the alliance. Console Commands normally doesn't let you set a faction's relationship with itself, but you can do this (copy and paste):

Code
runcode Global.getSector().getFaction("player_npc").setRelationship("player_npc", 1)

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 28, 2016, 09:17:34 AM »

Thank you. I can't really test if it works at the moment since I'm now crashing consistently a few seconds after my last save. Could it be because I eliminated the Pirate faction?

Code
149792 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Could not spawn fleet - returned null
150035 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionEvent.createPirateFleet(MarketProcurementMissionEvent.java:215)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionEvent.advance(MarketProcurementMissionEvent.java:172)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 30, 2016, 01:24:22 AM »

How does Nexerelin handle the tech level of player-owned markets if they haven't accepted a commission from or joined another faction? What ships are you going to find for sale?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #978 on: March 30, 2016, 05:03:37 AM »

I can't really test if it works at the moment since I'm now crashing consistently a few seconds after my last save. Could it be because I eliminated the Pirate faction?

Code
149792 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Could not spawn fleet - returned null
150035 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionEvent.createPirateFleet(MarketProcurementMissionEvent.java:215)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionEvent.advance(MarketProcurementMissionEvent.java:172)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
It looks like it crashes because the pirate markets are gone, yeah. You can use setmarketowner <some random small market> pirates in the console to give the pirates a market, and not take procurement missions in the future. I'll poke Alex about this, or else just fix it locally.

How does Nexerelin handle the tech level of player-owned markets if they haven't accepted a commission from or joined another faction? What ships are you going to find for sale?
The followers faction currently doesn't have any special handling for ship availability based on player relationships. It uses the lists in player_npc.faction (copypasted from independents... and never updated for 0.7.2a, now that I think about it) if SS+ is off, or a set from allowed SS+-supported factions if SS+ is on (look in Starsector Plus/nexerelin_options.json). Though I think ships of trading partners can appear in markets as well (at least I think this is a vanilla feature).

People have suggested things like unlocking new ships in the followers market from capturing planets/stations. I may or may not implement something like this in the future.

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 30, 2016, 05:42:39 AM »

Oh, so I can straight up select which faction's ships and weapons will show up in the ship market, so I can buy hegemony battleships without a commission if I own someplace, or blackrock if I set that option to be enabled as well?

If that's the case then I need to think about finding a place to take over because I have a lot of money that I want to buy an onslaught with and I don't want to throw myself into having half the galaxy hate me by accepting a commission with the hegemony.

I was half thinking that there'd be some kind of method whereby you could use agents to steal other faction's technologies, or if you take over a place that produces one faction's equipment it'd just keep merrily producing it despite being under new management.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 30, 2016, 10:12:32 PM »

It looks like it crashes because the pirate markets are gone, yeah. You can use setmarketowner <some random small market> pirates in the console to give the pirates a market, and not take procurement missions in the future. I'll poke Alex about this, or else just fix it locally.

Is it because the Pirate faction is special? Will eliminating some other faction cause this?

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 31, 2016, 03:12:46 AM »

Can someone confirm whether you can buy battleships (of any kind) at player owned markets? Does it need to be a market that's tagged as "Military"?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #982 on: March 31, 2016, 04:19:13 AM »

Will eliminating some other faction cause this?
No

Can someone confirm whether you can buy battleships (of any kind) at player owned markets? Does it need to be a market that's tagged as "Military"?
Battleships won't appear in open markets (I figure this is obvious), although superfreighters will. It's also exceedingly unlikely (though presumably not impossible) that they'll appear in black markets. There should always be one in a military market in non-SS+ if the population is high enough.

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 31, 2016, 04:33:07 AM »

I've never ever seen one for offer in a black market. Cruisers yes but battleships no. Sigh. Well I guess I can just buy up a few more cruisers and try to do some of the IBB missions and maybe capture myself one of the special battleships that way.
I wish there was a method of getting battleships without commissions, or resigning commissions without having to take another one. I'd even accept being automatically put to suspicious levels of reputation if you do resign early, rather than having to either get yourself down to hostile (by attacking your faction), or taking another commission with a faction that you have a low reputation with and running around with your transponder off.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #984 on: March 31, 2016, 04:56:27 AM »

If you're shopping at a market of the followers faction or the independents, you don't need a commission.

Prism Freeport's high-end seller also doesn't care about commissions (or relationship level), though stuff there is really expensive.

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 31, 2016, 06:00:20 AM »

Urgh my stupid head just put two and two together at last. Battleships are only available through faction trading menus, faction markets are only available at markets that have (Military) on them, items available in markets depend on the owning faction. I just tested and Battleships do show up at the one independent market with a faction menu that exists, and if I conquered a market that had a faction market then it would have ships and weapons available within it depending on the settings in the player faction options file.

Time to go get me a battleship then knock off a pirate market with a faction. Sorry for taking so long to get this.

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 01, 2016, 01:40:25 AM »

... How do I stop my followers from randomly allying with people?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 01, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »

Blow them up?

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 01, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »

Did you disable covert ops for the Followers faction?

Baxter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 01, 2016, 10:23:14 PM »

Managed to find the followers diplomacy option hidden away somewhere and turn it off, so hopefully that will affect my current game.

EDIT: It doesn't. Going to have to revert to an earlier savegame from before I founded the followers faction.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:27:07 PM by Baxter »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 399