Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3051777 times)

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7.4 "Head Start" (update 2016-02-14)
« Reply #900 on: February 19, 2016, 03:28:47 AM »

Random suggestion to help with the mod visibility: it would help noobs like myself to get a full list of the mod features in the OP.

From what I understand this mod could be one I would really enjoy playing. But it's difficult to tell because the description is only referring to the differences with some other mod (Exerelin) for which the feature list is a bit unclear (to me). So if we had the actual full list of features as a self-sufficient list it would help new players like me.

I would also put the feature list first thing in the OP, even before the changelog, because that's what people really want to learn about when they are browsing the forums looking for a new mod to try.

Disclaimer: I just started playing Starsector a week ago so I'm quite overwhelmed by the amount of mods.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:00:17 AM by hqz »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #901 on: February 19, 2016, 07:41:33 PM »

Yeah, it's been missing a proper feature list. Added one now, thanks :)

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 20, 2016, 02:20:01 AM »

I just played a game with v0.7.2 and there was a 600 strength market that could not be capped by AI invasion fleets as they were going out at strength 280 ish, even with 3 factions assaulting and every fleet getting through. Is there a way to reduce the defence strength with successive attacks over a short time period so say 3 attacks from 1 faction all getting through would Cap any station?

Also I noticed as they were not capturing it my faction sent over 10 invasion fleets to the same market, single mindedness that was incredibly irritating without the depletion of the target's power. Also if the fleet doesn't get to the planet twice in a row a change in target would be nice.

(these could both be in in some form but I can't see it in the patch notes)

Also you now have Kadur support, but Kadur is out of date? Where are you getting a working version of the mod from?

Also I played this mod once back when it was still Excerelin and decided to give it a pass but now having another go with it has shown me it's trhe one mod I can't do without.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #903 on: February 20, 2016, 05:23:35 AM »

I just played a game with v0.7.2 and there was a 600 strength market that could not be capped by AI invasion fleets as they were going out at strength 280 ish, even with 3 factions assaulting and every fleet getting through. Is there a way to reduce the defence strength with successive attacks over a short time period so say 3 attacks from 1 faction all getting through would Cap any station?
The strength rating in the invasion fleet event actually refers to fleet size, not the marine count (although a bigger fleet does help with invading). The invasion fleet always brings as many marines as it thinks it needs to capture the target.

For the successive attacks thing: An unsuccessful invasion reduces stability by 1 so subsequent invasions will have an easier time for a while, but this is capped at -3. I could remove the cap, though this may not be sufficient if the fleets arrive at wide intervals (the penalty decays by 1 every 20 days). In the meantime, you can help out with agents.

Bear in mind that 600 invasion defense strength is very high; it's something that's only seen on homeworld-type planets, and those should be hard to take.

Also you now have Kadur support, but Kadur is out of date? Where are you getting a working version of the mod from?
DefiasOne has an (at least partly) updated version here (bottom of the post)

Also I played this mod once back when it was still Excerelin and decided to give it a pass but now having another go with it has shown me it's trhe one mod I can't do without.
Thanks ;D

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 25, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »

Dunno if it's SS+ or Nexerelin, but is there a place where I can make faction fleets bigger? I miss the larger fleets in vanilla, but prefer the more control-able random maps.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #905 on: February 26, 2016, 03:31:45 AM »

Finally remembered to put up Tartiflette's banner for the mod:

Spoiler

Dunno if it's SS+ or Nexerelin, but is there a place where I can make faction fleets bigger? I miss the larger fleets in vanilla, but prefer the more control-able random maps.
Nexerelin doesn't touch the size of vanilla fleets. (But if you want bigger invasion/strike/response fleets, you can amp up the config variable that adds fleet points based on the player's level)

Jim.jhd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 26, 2016, 03:58:05 AM »

Yes, u can easier creating a massive invasion/strike/response fleets by increasing the invasion Points   

for instance:

"baseInvasionPointsPerFaction": 50,
"invasionPointsPerPlayerLevel": 50,
"invasionPointEconomyMult": 1.2,

However it may result in a massive fleet, which i mean more than 30 fighters, 50 frigates, 30 destroyers, 10 cruisers, and couple of capital ships…… :'(. That fleet isn't unwinnable, but your fps will drop to below 15……

Setuna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 26, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »

Neutrino Corp is throwing up alot of errors in the starting screen when selecting fleet sizes, also they spawn in near a planet that has a asteroid orbiting it at extreme speeds. Is this normal?

Sovietpride

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 27, 2016, 09:35:31 AM »

Heya.
Dropping a post because i'm having issues with this mod "i believe" -
on crash and looking at the log it seems to point to Nexrelin anyway.
I have SS+, lazylib/shader thing installed as well, and the game works in vanilla.
I thought it might be because the base game is as 0.7.2a, yet i read someone had played it on 0.7.2?

or a i being a dunce, and need to wait for this mod to be updated if i haven't already had an ongoing game?

Spoiler
86047 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getCommissionFaction()Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getCommissionFaction()Ljava/lang/String;
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:273)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:321)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.doDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:334)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:420)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:450)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:630)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.h.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 27, 2016, 04:39:33 PM »

or a i being a dunce, and need to wait for this mod to be updated if i haven't already had an ongoing game?
This.  So far, the only mod I've seen updated to 0.7.2a is Shaderlib.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 27, 2016, 04:41:16 PM »

This.  So far, the only mod I've seen updated to 0.7.2a is Shaderlib.

You should try Diable Avionics. Wanzers everywhere!
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #911 on: February 27, 2016, 08:29:49 PM »

Hotfix .jar for Starsector 0.7.2a.
Formal release once things settle down a bit (0.7.2b hotfix comes out; SS+ updated; and no outstanding Nexerelin bugs).

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 28, 2016, 05:48:34 AM »

First, some general feedback about the mod: it is truly awesome. It turned Starsector into the kind of game I always wanted to play.

Here is what I'm trying to understand before I start a new playthrough:

• What is the difference between "free start" and "player faction"?
  • I just tried to start with "player faction" and I can't see my faction in the "faction" tab in the "Intel" window. Am I missing something?

FWIW I would suggest adding a tooltip that explains what OmniFactory is when setting up a new game.

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 28, 2016, 06:10:54 AM »

Here is what I'm trying to understand before I start a new playthrough:

• What is the difference between "free start" and "player faction"?

I just found the answer to my question among the 61+ pages of this post:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.msg178204#msg178204

Overall I feel like this information could be useful on the OP, possibly in the FAQ section.

FWIW I would suggest adding a tooltip that explains what OmniFactory is when setting up a new game.

I would also suggest doing the same for the Prism Freeport.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 28, 2016, 01:28:34 PM »

227810 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Expecting non-static method exerelin.campaign.events.DiplomacyEvent.addFactionNameTokens(Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/FactionAPI;)V
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Expecting non-static method exerelin.campaign.events.DiplomacyEvent.addFactionNameTokens(Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/FactionAPI;)V
   at exerelin.campaign.events.DiplomacyEvent.getTokenReplacements(DiplomacyEvent.java:131)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.BaseEventPlugin.addTokensToList(BaseEventPlugin.java:384)
   at exerelin.campaign.events.DiplomacyEvent.getHighlights(DiplomacyEvent.java:141)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEventStage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEventStage(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.campaign.events.DiplomacyEvent.startEvent(DiplomacyEvent.java:90)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.doDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:345)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:420)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:450)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:630)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.h.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i dont know what this means
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 399