Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013045 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7.2 (update 2016-01-01)
« Reply #855 on: January 19, 2016, 07:35:58 PM »

I should probably include some notes for imports and uncompiled scripts in the help.

Can you update support for Hiigarans, Kadur and Bushi ? Or how can i include them in my mod without having to modify nexerelin files manually?
To my knowledge, this should be sufficient:
  • Include faction config .json in own mod
  • Include copies of corvus_capitals, corvus_spawnpoints and mod_factions .csvs in own mod, containing only the entries for the mod in question
  • Add the faction selection and directory entries as seen in Nexerelin's rules.csv to own rules.csv

If it doesn't work, let me know and I can add it on my side.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:45:52 PM by Histidine »

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 21, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but is the IBB portion of SS+ currently compatible with Nexerelin? I just want to make sure whether or not my install's being weird.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 21, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »

They are! In fact, the boss ships you have defeated are available for purchase in Prism Freeport's high-end store.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 25, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »

I am getting the following error when generating a new sector using the hotfix .jar.

Code
176907 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.ExerelinModPlugin  - New game after economy load; true
176907 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Placing Omnifactory around Nambor, in the Exerelin Star System
177183 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.world.ExerelinPatrolFleetManager.readResolve(ExerelinPatrolFleetManager.java:58)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.PatrolFleetManager.<init>(PatrolFleetManager.java:56)
at exerelin.world.ExerelinPatrolFleetManager.<init>(ExerelinPatrolFleetManager.java:38)
at exerelin.campaign.ExerelinCoreScript.assignPatrolSpawningScripts(ExerelinCoreScript.java:47)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:59)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.int.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacesuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.U.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Do not replace the .jar, generate a new sector -> no error
Replace the .jar, generate a new sector -> error
Replace the .jar, load a save game generated with the old .jar -> no error

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 26, 2016, 01:56:10 PM »

Is there a way to set map-generation to alter the average size of individual stations/planets?

I wanted a more inhabited system, so I increased the number of stations, but that ended up with a bunch of size 3 trash. I then increased the number of planets, but that ended up with almost half of them being gas planets.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 26, 2016, 02:04:04 PM »

Is there a way to set map-generation to alter the average size of individual stations/planets?

I wanted a more inhabited system, so I increased the number of stations, but that ended up with a bunch of size 3 trash. I then increased the number of planets, but that ended up with almost half of them being gas planets.

Wouldn't having systems all be a large amount of big planets cause massive economy issues?

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 26, 2016, 02:34:42 PM »

Which is any different from what we already have? V :-\ V

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #862 on: January 27, 2016, 04:31:32 AM »

I am getting the following error when generating a new sector using the hotfix .jar.
Yea, noticed this a while back. Uploaded a new jar at the same location, this should work.

Currently non-homeworld markets (which are always size 7) follow the following size rotation:
  • Planets: 4, 5, 6, 5
  • Moons/stations: 3, 4, 5

(Habitability chance is based on the number of existing planets in the system for planets, and always 35% for moons)

These values are hardcoded, so the only way to change them is to edit the code and compile.
I could put these values in config, but it feels like work for something that most people presumably won't touch and the economy is prone enough to breaking as it is.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 27, 2016, 06:17:49 AM »

It's certainly not a priority anyway. I can probably compile this myself now that I know where to look.

Chukles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 27, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »

Is this the Thread to request some "Feature's" ? If so, it would be nice if the mining would be a bit more random. Every Asteroid has the same minerals is a bit boring after a while.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 27, 2016, 01:02:25 PM »

You can also mine uninhabited planets/moons, but I agree there need to be more variety, so it's fun to actually discover a high-yield asteroid.

Chukles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:21 PM »

The point is, as soon as you know what type of ressource you can get from each type of asteroid or planet its pointless to go to the places with lower accessibility.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 27, 2016, 03:08:08 PM »

Supposedly, some form of depletion (and recovery) feature will come in a later version, so overmining a certain planet will result in significantly reduced profits.

However, this doesn't affect asteroids; it would be a bit of a waste to store depletion ratings for so many of them; so how about a few more proposals?

1. "Large" asteroids i.e. the ones you can land on in the map, are set to have a finite number of random resources, generated when you first "scan" them. Your mining stat then determines how many of those resources you can get per mining cycle. When the resources are gone, the asteroid is removed from the map. To compensate, they have a chance of a cache (which is significantly larger than a random cache finding in regular moon/planet mining), which you reach after you fully mine the asteroid.

2. If you've played in non-Corvus mode, you've seen those randomly generated asteroid clusters. Perhaps make it a large clickable object (like a moon). When interacting with one, you can then "search for an asteroid" which - after passing some time on the overmap - will then randomly generate a mine-able object. Searching for an asteroid has a small chance of an accident; both to simulate bobbing and weaving through an asteroid field and stopping players using it endlessly. When searching for asteroids, a high sensor rating improves the yield of the randomly generated object and reduces the chance for accidents.

A mine-able asteroid generated this way will have a random yield (like how current mining works), a random danger rating, a chance for a single cache, and a random size. Size determines how many times you'll be able to mine that particular asteroid before you have to look for a new one. If you don't like it, you can search for another one. If you leave before the asteroid is fully mined out, then it is lost regardless of remaining chances.

While both searching and mining in an asteroid cluster, your sensor profile and sensor rating is reduced, to simulate the interference of being in an asteroid field (This doesn't affect asteroid searching).

3. One last thing to consider is caching mined resources. Right now, we can't exactly control how many resources we get from mining which can easily put us over capacity. With depletion vastly reducing the gains; it would be nice if planets, moons, and possibly asteroid clusters can have an interactive empty market. If you want to balance it, perhaps give it a chance of losing items over time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:09:49 PM by Blaze »

Chukles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 27, 2016, 04:22:15 PM »

Oh and a quick idea:

It would be super cool to had a station like the Omifactory that i can feed with raw materials like rare ore or normal ore and i would get after a while free or very cheap processed materials.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 29, 2016, 02:25:38 PM »

In my latest Nexerelin game ive eliminated the red Pirates faction completely yet they still show up in the factions list(still vengeful, heh).. Is this intended?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 396