Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000555 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.6.2 "ICE ICE Baby" (update 2015-10-24)
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2015, 07:44:56 PM »

Rulers can still be overthrown ;)

Alright, I'll expand the warmonger penalty config (currently it's on/off; will become off/not for player_npc (this will probably be the default)/always). Tariffs will be externalized too.
(N.B. player_npc already has lower warmonger rep penalties than other factions)
(In the meantime, agents and saboteurs should be the easiest provocation, although they'll cost a bit)

Next release will be after Starsector 0.7.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:02:03 PM by Histidine »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 31, 2015, 08:03:39 PM »

Alright, awesome.  Now I can be my very own dictator of the sector. :D

And damnit, everything's getting updated AFTER 0.7 comes out.  I'm suffering from mal-modtrition at this point.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:07:32 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 31, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »

This and every other mod  ::). Hope 0.7 is only a week away at most.

One good thing about that I guess is that the mods will be able to take advantage of the new campaign features.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 08:09:36 PM by Toxcity »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 31, 2015, 08:07:12 PM »

This and every other mod  ::). Hope 0.7 is only a week away at most.
God forbid if it isn't, I think all of us who can't mod ourselves will whither into a pile of grey dust.

Thank god I haven't forgotten everything, hehe.  Time to work on some missiles in the mean time....
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 01, 2015, 04:57:31 AM »

I have plenty of work to do with other games, so even if 0.7 gets delayed, I have something to do.

Rulers can still be overthrown ;)
Sure, they can overthrow me, then my faction that I no longer own should change into another faction.  I should be able to create another faction to replace the parasitic faction (that I founded) that fired me.  Effectively, old player "own" faction should morph and join the independents instead of stealing my name.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 04, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »

Hey, great mod, particularly increasing the sector and having more factions warring over it but I feel like I'm missing something. Did quick start because the early grind is always a bit tedious to get into, started as part of the Mayorate and did early cargo runs to make money.

Then Mayorate peaced out on everyone and I found attacking pirates as a Mayorate member isn't that good an idea so I couldn't really attack much, now hostilities commenced with the Tri Tachyon but while I trashed a few of their fleets I didn't earn anything from that (neither relations nor cash) nor see much to do to support my faction. I guess I could start some invasion or something. Just wanted to meddle around with the factions before starting something on my own.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #441 on: November 05, 2015, 04:57:46 AM »

Yeah, currently the early game mostly involves playing much like vanilla; you fight bounties and trade to get XP and a better fleet. Once you've established yourself, you can start taking on the powerful invasion and response fleets, and invading markets (either using your own marines or renting an invasion fleet).

In 0.7 with multi-fleet battles and abilities there'll be room for direct participation in attack/defense much sooner.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 05, 2015, 05:16:13 AM »

Noticed that I can get around the warmonger penalty by letting a toll troll try to scan me, then respond with "I don't think so!"  Instant reputation drop and a provoked attack.  Also, if I have money to burn, I deploy several saboteurs in row.  If they fail, they did their job - lowering reputation to hostile so others do not get angry when I attack.  If they succeed, I fight fewer bigger ships when the response fleet clashes with mine.  The saboteurs' main job is to lower reputation on demand non-violently (to evade warmonger penalty) when that is beneficial.

Minor annoyance:  Market can evade getting captured (once) when a cease-fire is declared during my invasion in progress.  I just try again and eat the warmonger penalty.

Victory fanfare is nice.  Too bad I did not get it again if I destroy everyone after diplomatic win.  My last game, I had Hegemony as ally because I was too lazy to kill them until everyone else was gone.  Once the Hegemony was the only one left, I steamrolled them in a few hours.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 05, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »

Yeah, currently the early game mostly involves playing much like vanilla; you fight bounties and trade to get XP and a better fleet. Once you've established yourself, you can start taking on the powerful invasion and response fleets, and invading markets (either using your own marines or renting an invasion fleet).

In 0.7 with multi-fleet battles and abilities there'll be room for direct participation in attack/defense much sooner.

I may have a problem with the Mayorate because most bounties are classed as pirates no matter what and I lose tons of reputation with the Mayorate if I do that so I cannot attack them and I get nothing from fighting even enemies of the Mayorate except loot.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #444 on: November 05, 2015, 08:15:48 PM »

I may have a problem with the Mayorate because most bounties are classed as pirates no matter what and I lose tons of reputation with the Mayorate if I do that so I cannot attack them and I get nothing from fighting even enemies of the Mayorate except loot.
Okay, if you really don't want to deal with the -21 rep loss (on neutral relationship) from attacking pirates, there are two things you can do:

1) Find a pirate market and spam agents/saboteurs on it. Some will be detected, reducing the relationship with pirates; even if it doesn't go all the way down to hostile, it'll reduce the rep penalty with Mayorate.
2) If the pirates have a comm relay (though this is rare), tamper with it when a patrol is nearby and get them to attack you.
3) Open data/config/exerelin/exerelin_config.json and set warmongerPenalty to false.

(I forget if pirate patrols can do custom inspections)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 05, 2015, 08:19:13 PM »

(I forget if pirate patrols can do custom inspections)

I've never hard one do it to me, but I suppose that's because they're always either running or attempting to murder me. I have seen them do it to each other, though.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 05, 2015, 08:29:23 PM »

My guess is that they don't; mainly because they don't have any illegal goods.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 05, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »

I've definitely seen them do it as I've had quite the chuckle about it because it seems to absurd. But it could also be a fluke of a mod somewhere.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 06, 2015, 12:19:16 PM »

Okay, if you really don't want to deal with the -21 rep loss (on neutral relationship) from attacking pirates, there are two things you can do:

Sorry, if I sounded whiny. I'm mainly a bit at a loss how to play this mod because I don't seem to get rewarded for faction warfare and in my instance get penalized for going down the bounty hunter route (simply because until assassinations come along all bounties are members of the pirate faction). Maybe I just switch factions or something.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 06, 2015, 12:23:49 PM »

You get bounties for killing enemies of the faction only if the friendly faction has a station or planet in system offering a bounty, just like Vanilla. That's not counting assassination bounties.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 394