Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000467 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.6.1c "Starship Tycoon" (hotfix 2015-10-04)
« Reply #390 on: October 22, 2015, 04:09:59 AM »

I'm having this issue where only a few factions spawn on a given sector. I allow plenty of territory, but when I start the game I only have 3-4 factions; even a few vanilla factions suddenly cease to exist. The faction still appears on the relation screen, but they have no territory at all.
Well, that's odd.
  • Do the faction relations for the non-spawning factions get set correctly? (try with random relations and see what happens)
  • Do the faction config files exist in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig?
  • Does the bottom of data/config/exerelin/exerelin_config look right?
  • In starsector.log, Ctrl+F "Getting modded factions" -- does it say "Loaded (missing mod faction)"? (vanilla/built-in factions will always be skipped)

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 22, 2015, 07:47:18 PM »

Found the issue, it seems to be a problem with the "Disable faction respawning of factions not at the start".

Don't know much more after that.

Nayru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2015, 09:19:03 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Omnifactory doesn't charge for weapons if they're bought through the refit screen on latest version.

Same result with default tariff, same result with updated version of Omnifactory.

Edit: Also as an aside the Omnifactory is selling ship variants with weapons installed? I have no idea what that's about though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:59:01 AM by Nayru »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2015, 10:27:48 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Omnifactory doesn't charge for weapons if they're bought through the refit screen on latest version.

Same result with default tariff, same result with updated version of Omnifactory.

Edit: Also as an aside the Omnifactory is selling ship variants with weapons installed? I have no idea what that's about though.

I think the charge is deducted when you leave the station, but I could be wrong.

Nayru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

I think the charge is deducted when you leave the station, but I could be wrong.

Usually it would be finalized when you either switch ship tabs in refit or exit the screen, but I went ahead and tested it anyway: replaced a ship's weapon with something directly from the Omnifactory, returned to space and had the same amount of credits.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 23, 2015, 10:57:05 AM »

Usually it would be finalized when you either switch ship tabs in refit or exit the screen, but I went ahead and tested it anyway: replaced a ship's weapon with something directly from the Omnifactory, returned to space and had the same amount of credits.

Then I stand corrected. I must have misattributed the daily salary deduction to the Omnifactory.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Looks like a bug with the Omnifactory mod. Reported here

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.6.2 "ICE ICE Baby" (update 2015-10-24)
« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2015, 03:44:14 AM »

Like this post if the release name made you wince

As always, please report bugs! I've had to change quite a bit of code in some important areas (specifically initial faction seeding and handling of hostile-to-all factions).

Changelog
Code
v0.6.2
* Add support for the following factions:
    * Idoneus Citadel Garrison
    * Pegasus Belt Council
    * Flu-X (treated as pirate faction; hostile to all)
* Economy refinements (again):
    * Economy balancer smarter in general
    * Economy balancer can remove shipbreaking centers if needed
    * Hydroponics lab is population-based instead of fixed throughput (can supply 20% of its own market's food requirements by default)
    * Balance food supply/demand by adding/removing hydroponics labs
    * Agriculture planets prefer terran and arid over water and jungle types
    * Lower ore mining, refining complex chances
    * Reduce market points in general
    * Autofactory costs more points
* Allow spawning only some of the available factions at start
    * Available options: 3 factions, 5 factions, 50% of available factions, 75% of available factions, all factions
    * Player's selected faction is always one of the spawning factions (except player_npc)
    * Pirates always spawn
* Nexerelin can be added to an existing save game
    * This could be used to circumvent Corvus mode incompatibility, but functionality is not guaranteed
* Un-hardcode, fix handling of hostile-to-all factions (currently this is Templars, Dark Spire, infected)
    * Hostile-to-all state controlled by a faction config int (0-3)
* Add Neutrino Falken as boss ship
* Add SS+ arcade background
* Player mining takes half as long and produces half as much
* Update Corvus mode entries
* Update Omnifactory to v1.11b
* Fix free refitting at Omnifactory
* Fix mining fleet crash with some unusual mods in Corvus mode
* Fix wrong number of starting factions when only allowing starting factions to respawn
* Fix asteroids sometimes being too close to sun
* Possible fix for bug where respawn fleets cause alliance war/peace message spam
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:35:33 AM by Histidine »

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2015, 07:36:10 AM »

And here I go restart my run again. Thanks Histidine.
No really thanks a lot dude. You rock. You and Revenant (and others too to be honest, it's just that the two of you really are the glue that keeps all mods interesting on a grand scale) are my inspiration in relearning to code. Here's you upboat

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »

How do I enable Corvus Mode?

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 24, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

Open up mod_info.json in the nexerelin folder and change:

"data/campaign/econ/economy.json",

to

#"data/campaign/econ/economy.json",

Then go to nexerelin/data/config/exerelin and open exerelin_config.json and change:

"corvusMode": false, to "corvusMode": true,

Edit: I have an issue with mining planets. I can't seem to mine any planets other than gas giants.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:51:51 PM by Blaze »

Nayru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 24, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »

I'd point out they have to be uninhabited if I hadn't been unable to mine on uninhabited desert planets as well.

Unsure how many are affected (have been able to mine water/volcanic but not jungle if I recall), probably quite a few.

As an aside, aren't the relations between various sources of mining strength kind of crazy? Take three instances: a pod wing, a shepherd and a mule.

The pod has no inherent bonus to mining, has either 1.5-6 (does each fighter's laser count?) strength and takes 3 logistics, providing 0 cargo.

The shepherd has 10 strength right off the bat, can be upped to 11.5 with an extra laser and takes only 1 logistics providing 100 cargo.

The mule can have 10 strength with a mining blaster, is actually dangerous (if terribly slow) and takes 3 logistics providing 250 cargo.

About the only perk to pod mining is the lessened elite crew requirement to get high yields (terrible anyway unless 6 per wing), but the ideal mix seems to be somewhere between high density shepherd/moderate density mule and all shepherds, both cases being backed up by several atlases. While mules with atropos racks are a pretty good stop-gap, something to be said for a billion borer drones.

Pod wings on the other hand are useless in combat and take a tremendous amount of logistics for what little they do, comparing unfavorably in almost every conceivable way to those two prime alternatives (and weird sh#$ like 2x tachyon 8x mining blaster paragon SO MUCH FLUX). They could make up for their heavy logistics/zero cargo/zero utility by having very high strength instead (necessitating atlases which is a horrible fleet to get attacked in).

Haven't tried mining shenanigans with any mod factions yet so can't really comment on the whole picture, but I did find it incredibly cute how you gave the junk pirate capital a use beyond 'mirv sponge' or 'lodestone'. Kind of liked the longer mine time though..

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #402 on: October 24, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »

Yeah, mining pod has always been junk and even mining doesn't make it that useful. I could give it a small hull mining strength boost, and/or cut the Shepherd's.
(Mining strength for fighter wings is multiplied by fighter count, yes)

Haven't been able to reproduce the issue with mining uninhabited moons (including desert and water worlds). (I did find out that I can never spell "cryo" right)
Regular planets can't be mined even if unpopulated. Do you think I should change this?
(I also plan to make moons more common in general)

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 25, 2015, 02:42:54 AM »

I set it to 8 planets per system, but it seems that only 3-4 planets are actually inhabited. The rest are just lifeless rocks.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 25, 2015, 02:45:53 AM »

I set it to 8 planets per system, but it seems that only 3-4 planets are actually inhabited. The rest are just lifeless rocks.
Those are for you to mine and for bounties to spawn.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 394