Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 233

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8b "Job Specialization" (hotfix 2021-02-11)  (Read 1448534 times)

Shadowkiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7c "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-10-10)
« Reply #3405 on: January 01, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »

Is there a way to decrease invasion frequency? I dont want to turn it off but I made the mistake of adding quite a few factions and now i cant even fly back to the core worlds because of how many invasions/raids/bombings i have. I invested in starbases rather then military bases but they dont win against the fleets unless im there with one or two ships to help. Sorry if this has been answered before, i did a few google searches but nothing came up.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: January 02, 2021, 03:53:18 AM »

Is there a way to decrease invasion frequency?
Open exerelin_config.json and take a look at the settings under the
Code
# Invasion stuff
line.

Helldiver

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: January 03, 2021, 02:23:33 PM »

Is there a guide on what player actions effectively impact a faction's success and ability to control the Sector in Nexerelin?

For example, does doing personal bounties or survey missions for a faction help them in any way?
Does completing merchant missions where a faction requests many supplies at a certain planet help their war effort at all?
Does reducing ship losses for a faction by helping them in a battle with your own ships impact their resources (i.e less ships to replace for them)?

Sorry if all this has been answered somewhere but I haven't been able to find it, only the Mining and Alliances guides. I recently came back to Starsector and didn't use either Exerelin or Nexerelin back when I first tried it years ago, and this mod seems to add so much to faction dynamics but I'm not clear on what has gameplay effects other than boosting your own rep and money. I'd love to support a faction of my choice in "winning the war" with something other than invading planets but I don't know if that works.
Nex is life.

Twilight Sentinel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: January 03, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »

Is there a guide on what player actions effectively impact a faction's success and ability to control the Sector in Nexerelin?

For example, does doing personal bounties or survey missions for a faction help them in any way?
Does completing merchant missions where a faction requests many supplies at a certain planet help their war effort at all?
Does reducing ship losses for a faction by helping them in a battle with your own ships impact their resources (i.e less ships to replace for them)?

Sorry if all this has been answered somewhere but I haven't been able to find it, only the Mining and Alliances guides. I recently came back to Starsector and didn't use either Exerelin or Nexerelin back when I first tried it years ago, and this mod seems to add so much to faction dynamics but I'm not clear on what has gameplay effects other than boosting your own rep and money. I'd love to support a faction of my choice in "winning the war" with something other than invading planets but I don't know if that works.
I know you can conquer planets on behalf of a faction.  Either by being commissioned by them, in which case it will happen automatically, or by transferring the market after you conquer it.

Ekibana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: January 03, 2021, 11:06:41 PM »

Hey, guys.
The last time I played Starsector was over a year ago, and I have a question:
I can't find "compatible with Nex" in mods topics anymore, are they all defaulted to be compatible by now or I'm missing something?

What would be the top-5 faction mods you'd recommend for a new campaign? The most important requirement is: not overpowered and somewhat vanilla-like in terms of look (no anime girls, please  ;D)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:10:26 PM by Ekibana »

Farya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: January 03, 2021, 11:55:58 PM »

Hey, guys.
The last time I played Starsector was over a year ago, and I have a question:
I can't find "compatible with Nex" in mods topics anymore, are they all defaulted to be compatible by now or I'm missing something?

What would be the top-5 faction mods you'd recommend for a new campaign? The most important requirement is: not overpowered and somewhat vanilla-like in terms of look (no anime girls, please  ;D)
If you want something vanilla-like then try Roider Union, Mayasuran Navy(that one retcons cannon for Mairath) Tiandong Heavy Industries, HMI+Brighton and Vayra's Sector. Though the last one adds in factions that are supposed to be somewhat a parody ones. Spess commies and spess murricans. Research Mandate and Rimwards are quite serious ones though: radiacal group of TT that researches AI closely and East-India Company in space.
Tahlan Shipworks adds nice subfaction of independents with new remote planet.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 12:09:15 AM by Farya »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3411 on: January 04, 2021, 02:05:35 AM »

No to all of these; the economy and ship generation are too abstracted for that.

Helping a faction most visibly works when it's something like making sure an invasion succeeds/fails. Things that improve stability and remove commodity shortages also help, although the effect is... less visible, let's call it that. Other than that, helping a faction (usually yours, although agents can do it with third parties) improve its relationship with other factions can save it a lot of problems and even lead it towards a diplomatic victory.

Helldiver

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: January 04, 2021, 02:30:13 AM »

No to all of these; the economy and ship generation are too abstracted for that.

Helping a faction most visibly works when it's something like making sure an invasion succeeds/fails. Things that improve stability and remove commodity shortages also help, although the effect is... less visible, let's call it that. Other than that, helping a faction (usually yours, although agents can do it with third parties) improve its relationship with other factions can save it a lot of problems and even lead it towards a diplomatic victory.

Cheers for the detailed answer. One thing I'm still confused about though - you wrote "no to all of these", but then that removing commodity shortages does help. Isn't that what doing missions where a faction requests certain commodities does?
For example, a faction attacked Ragnar, failed to invade, and now the other faction holding the station is posting tons of missions to bring various commodities to Ragnar (prob because economy there has gone bad from the battle). I thought that doing these missions helped with the shortages, or am I mistaken somewhere?
Nex is life.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3413 on: January 05, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »

Cheers for the detailed answer. One thing I'm still confused about though - you wrote "no to all of these", but then that removing commodity shortages does help. Isn't that what doing missions where a faction requests certain commodities does?
For example, a faction attacked Ragnar, failed to invade, and now the other faction holding the station is posting tons of missions to bring various commodities to Ragnar (prob because economy there has gone bad from the battle). I thought that doing these missions helped with the shortages, or am I mistaken somewhere?
Ah, yeah, that's confusing. To be clearer: Delivery missions can have an effect with the right commodity type and a large enough volume (must be enough to increment the number of production units indicated by the icons on the colony info screen). Though the effect will usually be small as the economy operates on a much larger scale than the player.

Specifically: A commodity delivery mission for X units has the same effect on supply as directly selling X/2 units to the market (in Nexerelin), so you can fix a shortage through a large enough delivery mission. Not all commodities have a direct effect on faction strength.
- Invasion spawning depends on the supply of ship parts, fuel, supplies, marines and heavy armaments, so increasing output of those helps. It checks all colonies the faction has daily, with out-of-faction imports being less valuable and same-planet production being much more.
- A bunch of things are affected by stability, including invasion spawning but also the colony's own defenses and risk from rebellions, so fixing shortages and other factors causing instability helps.

ShadowStalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: January 05, 2021, 07:22:28 PM »

First of all thanks for the cool mod,it really feels like something new is added,and makes you sink in some more in to the game
now to what i wanned to suggest that could be added to this mod or maybe a complete different mod (?):

1)Combined custom start
if you start as a your own faction, actually choose,your starting faction tech and ships,i know it looks confusing so i will explain

as of the last time i played with this - when you start your own faction you get like basic hegemony ships options,while it would be cool to start my own faction,with a starting planet,but with modded/or vanilla faction ships and faction tech blueprints and so on of your choise
or start with a faction on the list to serve it but with already a planet assigned to you(like somewhat of a noble-veteran start)

maybe even start your own faction with while the faction you choose to be based of be removed from the sector,AKA - YOU are the faction instead,but like at the very begining of its development and expansion,which might be cool?

what i think has to be added no matter what is the ability to choose the sector you start in(or have options for it,as it may be too hard  to choose the location on the map),it could be a little bit of a pain when you start in the sector that you dont like overall(faction setup/location/visuals /whatever could it be)i had straight up a spawn with FULL sector of hostile factions,which turned out to be a paainful restart several times in a row

2)More customisation to "owned" fleets that you make
A little bit more customisation to sub-fleets and controll over them shoudlnt harm?the ability to set friendly ships to follow near you for a while is all an all cool,but i think there a lot that could be done around that part of the mod,like transfer the "camera/control" to it,or have it support you in fights indirectly(like an artilery fire) to not flood the space and not waste the points to deploy
as well as the fact i think they should be tagged "owned" or something along to that instead of "friendly",when you play as a faction leader,or create them by your means or smth like that,friendly just feels weird

3)maybe something that is too hardcoded in to the game,or nearly impossible to balance but why not try regardless?
Grid based buildings on a planet instead of straight up hard cap limit
slot based system allows for faaar less customisation from a player,specially for those like me who likes to have totally self-sufficient production and more control over what and how is going on,while as of now you just have straight up 7 slots(even less considering you nearly have to have some of based type to have the colony running) and thats it,grid allows you to have better options,and maybe even fit more stuff compared to normal which really extends the overall RTS part of the game,as it seem to be developing in that direction as well

this may not fit your original view of the mod since i havent been following it while it was developing,or it does,who knows,just felt like those feature could be a cool addition to it,the overall colony system has a lot to be done and has a lot of space for creativity

mind the fact that i havent checked how the game is coded,considering the fact that a lot of the options are done via the text-quest style thing so it might not be as easy to do and some are things are just hardcoded,maybe i will do and try making this myself just to see

also,anyone knows how to straight up disable supplies per day thing for main fleet?i want to usually just chill and think while flying around and focus on combat and RTS part of the game instead of flying while screaming and trying to survive,i saw the infinite commad in the console mod,but thats not really it,i still want to par repair cost,have a consumption by colonies and so on
and even if you just have to come and grab supplies that you generate on colonies its still a pain to have this clock going off and be a limiting thing
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 03:57:59 AM by ShadowStalkar »

Helldiver

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: January 06, 2021, 06:33:57 PM »

Ah, yeah, that's confusing. To be clearer: Delivery missions can have an effect with the right commodity type and a large enough volume (must be enough to increment the number of production units indicated by the icons on the colony info screen). Though the effect will usually be small as the economy operates on a much larger scale than the player.

Specifically: A commodity delivery mission for X units has the same effect on supply as directly selling X/2 units to the market (in Nexerelin), so you can fix a shortage through a large enough delivery mission. Not all commodities have a direct effect on faction strength.
- Invasion spawning depends on the supply of ship parts, fuel, supplies, marines and heavy armaments, so increasing output of those helps. It checks all colonies the faction has daily, with out-of-faction imports being less valuable and same-planet production being much more.
- A bunch of things are affected by stability, including invasion spawning but also the colony's own defenses and risk from rebellions, so fixing shortages and other factors causing instability helps.

Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to know.
This phenomenal mod takes Starsector a huge step closer to what I expected the game to be, so godspeed on future development. I already can't imagine playing a campaign without it.
Nex is life.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3416 on: January 07, 2021, 06:30:42 AM »

First of all thanks for the cool mod,it really feels like something new is added,and makes you sink in some more in to the game
now to what i wanned to suggest that could be added to this mod or maybe a complete different mod (?):
Hello, glad you're enjoying it!

I'm currently thinking of adding a general configuration for the own faction start (changing starting blueprints, but also things like industries and planet conditions), as this was suggested before (though I didn't have any ideas for how to do the GUI then). We'll see how it works out.

I can't change how structures are built unfortunately, and doing the suggested stuff with patrols is a bit out of scope.

ShadowStalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: January 07, 2021, 11:02:15 AM »

Hello, glad you're enjoying it!

I'm currently thinking of adding a general configuration for the own faction start (changing starting blueprints, but also things like industries and planet conditions), as this was suggested before (though I didn't have any ideas for how to do the GUI then). We'll see how it works out.

I can't change how structures are built unfortunately, and doing the suggested stuff with patrols is a bit out of scope.

good to see that the own faction start will be changed,sadly i dont see a way myself how to implement it in other way then text options as it was done for general configuration of a mod

seem like i will have to do some more diggin in to the Java before i could try and do something with allies fleets myself(i was originally coding on c+/# so its a little hard to switch)as its an interesting thing

Twilight Sentinel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: January 07, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »

That would be very appreciated.  Especially being able to choose a starting blueprint package.

For the planet options.  Perhaps one option is to have a set of templates the player can choose from?  Like, forge world (heavy industry and military base), mining world (mining and refining), bread basket (habitable world with farming and organic mining), and fuel refinery (airless world with fuel refinery)?  Plus a small/medium/large world for customizing population size of the world.  It doesn't let you do everything but at least gets the basics of what most people would like with choosing what world they want.  The only other thing that I can think of right off the top of my head would be something where the game tells you the world its created, and gives you a randomize button to change it until you get a world you like.

JenkoRun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3419 on: January 09, 2021, 02:37:52 PM »

Hi so uh, is there a way to disable being able to request a fleet from any object anywhere? It's really breaking my immersion, cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 233