Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013765 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6g "Earth and Sky" (fixes 2020-08-09)
« Reply #3225 on: August 25, 2020, 02:59:48 AM »

Is it possible to make export of Governorship Colonies count towards the Player factions in-faction imports? A Governorship Colony with a Food Export of 8 doesn't satisfy my own Colonies Food demand in-faction.

Orbitals Works and Nanoforges on these Colonies also don't count towards the Players Factions Ship Quality.

Furthermore, Governorship Colonies use Fleet Doctrines of their Parent Faction.
AFAIK modders don't have access to the code handling in-faction import calculations. The other stuff could be hacked in, but I'm not sure its worthwhile in the doctrine case.

Kolbe_Moser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: August 25, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »

So is the Freeport just an easy way to get ships?  If so is there a way to disable it?  Also how much did you lower taxes by, is there a way to return it to the 30% value.

I'm mostly looking to download this for just the interfaction/faction building and not so much the tax tweak and Freeport if that's an option

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: August 26, 2020, 12:29:22 AM »

So is the Freeport just an easy way to get ships?  If so is there a way to disable it?  Also how much did you lower taxes by, is there a way to return it to the 30% value.

I'm mostly looking to download this for just the interfaction/faction building and not so much the tax tweak and Freeport if that's an option

For the tax, there are two lines in exerelin_config.json:
Code
"baseTariffMult": 0.6,  # 1.0 = base tariff (usually 30%)
"freeMarketTariffMult": 0.5,    # 0.5 = halved tariffs

Haven't changed these values outside of their default myself, but it looks like this is what governs the taxes.

Prism freeport can only be disabled at the start of the game. Saying it's "easy" it's relative because ships in the Prism Freeport have exceedingly inflated prices. If you didn't disable it at the start of your playthrough then you may consider changing the prices for their "fancy pants" shop, which i believe it's this variable:

Code
"prismTariff": 2.0,  # float, 1.0 = 100% tariff; modified by relationship with independents
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 11:25:28 AM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: August 26, 2020, 02:52:01 AM »

Hi Histidine, some small problems here:
1. In the random sector mode, the market value of volatiles and metals/rare metals is usually much higher than other products and that makes the construction of industry outside of refining or mining become meaningless.
(For example, Random sector with 110 markets: food 350k, organics 120k, ore+rareore 400k, goods+luxurygoods 350k, heavyweapons+heavymachines+shiphulls 350k, volatiles 1400k, metals+rare metals 1300k).

2. It seems that Templar keeps releasing factionbounties and players can quickly improve the relationship with them.

Kolbe_Moser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: August 26, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »

Suggestion:

Add an option to create colony for a faction (you are commissioned to) and gain instant Governorship over it, or a special ceding colony option and gaining instant Governorship over it.
That way, "my" colony can benefit from that other factions in-faction imports and Ship Quality. Useful for early game colonies. Currently I can only simulate it by ceding the Colony (per command if I have to) then buying it back (usually with credits cheated in to balance the spending).

Alternatively: remove the Cost of buying Governorship for freshly (player)founded colonies to 0

Furthermore, Population on Governorship Colonies do not unlock additional Admins

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: August 27, 2020, 04:55:24 AM »

"useRelationshipBounds" does not appear to be functioning correctly, I have it set to false, but whatever maxRelationships are set in the faction config are being enforced. This is quite odd since I recall it working just fine in a previous version.

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: August 27, 2020, 05:57:39 AM »

Hello, thank you for creating this fantastic mod. I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but after having searched, no one seems to have asked this, so I'd like to inquire: what options are available within the option Special Functions? I get the feeling that I'm missing out on something after having established a faction (something along the lines of engaging in diplomacy with other factions), though I can't put my finger on it.
The full list should be:
- Faction directory
- Prisoner options
- Fleet request
- Alliance options (must not have a commission)
- Take temporary control of autonomous colonies

Thank you for replying. I just found out after I asked this that to form an alliance with another faction, you would have to go to one of their markets and then check into special functions which should show Alliance options. May I suggest adding a new type of agent?

A diplomat whom you can send around the sector much like the existing agents, although less as inconspicuous as them (wherein the latter, if they fail performing a certain action towards a given faction, you risk penalizing your relationship with the targeted faction on top of spending $$$ for them to take such actions-- sometimes, there's no need to be inconspicuous if you're capable of manipulation yourself). They would allow you to contact the faction they are currently residing in, in your place, providing options such as: creating/joining an alliance, granting them gifts in the form of a generous sum of money or relief fleets, and present a proposal(request a fleet from your ally to invade/strike/defend, declare war, negotiate a ceasefire between you/your alliance and a rival faction/alliance, invite a given faction into your current alliance, request money or relief fleets into one of your colonies in exchange of their demands, etc.). If you name some unreasonable terms, they may agree to it if your relations with them are high enough, although they may look onto you with disdain. If it's well within reason, no penalty whatsoever. If the terms are generous however, they will appreciate your kind gesture.

The agents you already added into the game will still remain useful should the player wish to manipulate the relations between certain factions behind the scenes forcibly, cause havoc in a market, steal a ship and so on-- usually with a pricetag on. Diplomats will mainly serve you, with a decent paycheck every month instead of having the need to pay them $$ to perform an action. I'm just thinking that given what the mod does, pretty much turning the game into a 4X, I feel that the player is still slightly limited as to what he/she can do. Majority of the diplomacy in this game, you're mostly getting dragged around by your allies or by certain events which occur purely in RNG (I can see fleets coming in to a certain market from time to time which can randomly trigger an event between the faction that fleet belongs to and the faction that market is owned by), only given an option to engage in diplomacy really when war breaks out between one of your allies and an opposing faction (Yes, no, intel screen, abstain). You're not really participating in the diplomacy that occurs from time to time, which is what I was looking for when I installed this mod and, while it does deliver to an extent, is still slightly lacking. It's pretty great on its own, but I think you can do better :).

Nevertheless, I think what I suggested is quite demanding-- and tbh, if you think it really isn't worth the time, it's still good as is ;) just keep up the good work. Also, I apologize for the long post.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 08:27:46 AM by Minitialize »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3233 on: August 27, 2020, 06:12:29 PM »

Thanks for the feedback and ideas, everyone!

Hi Histidine, some small problems here:
1. In the random sector mode, the market value of volatiles and metals/rare metals is usually much higher than other products and that makes the construction of industry outside of refining or mining become meaningless.
(For example, Random sector with 110 markets: food 350k, organics 120k, ore+rareore 400k, goods+luxurygoods 350k, heavyweapons+heavymachines+shiphulls 350k, volatiles 1400k, metals+rare metals 1300k).

2. It seems that Templar keeps releasing factionbounties and players can quickly improve the relationship with them.
I'll look into the commodity markets (and do some comparison to modded/unmodded non-random sector). Faction bounties for hostile-to-all factions like Templars are fixed for next version (won't be based on how many enemies that faction has any more).

"useRelationshipBounds" does not appear to be functioning correctly, I have it set to false, but whatever maxRelationships are set in the faction config are being enforced. This is quite odd since I recall it working just fine in a previous version.
*checks code* Uhh, looking at this I'm not sure it ever worked for anything other than ceasefires...
Well, fixed for next version, at any rate.

May I suggest adding a new type of agent?

A diplomat whom you can send around the sector much like the existing agents, although less as inconspicuous as them (wherein the latter, if they fail performing a certain action towards a given faction, you risk penalizing your relationship with the targeted faction on top of spending $$$ for them to take such actions-- sometimes, there's no need to be inconspicuous if you're capable of manipulation yourself). They would allow you to contact the faction they are currently residing in, in your place, providing options such as: creating/joining an alliance, granting them gifts in the form of a generous sum of money or relief fleets, and present a proposal(request a fleet from your ally to invade/strike/defend, declare war, negotiate a ceasefire between you/your alliance and a rival faction/alliance, invite a given faction into your current alliance, request money or relief fleets into one of your colonies in exchange of their demands, etc.). If you name some unreasonable terms, they may agree to it if your relations with them are high enough, although they may look onto you with disdain. If it's well within reason, no penalty whatsoever. If the terms are generous however, they will appreciate your kind gesture.

The agents you already added into the game will still remain useful should the player wish to manipulate the relations between certain factions behind the scenes forcibly, cause havoc in a market, steal a ship and so on-- usually with a pricetag on. Diplomats will mainly serve you, with a decent paycheck every month instead of having the need to pay them $$ to perform an action. I'm just thinking that given what the mod does, pretty much turning the game into a 4X, I feel that the player is still slightly limited as to what he/she can do. Majority of the diplomacy in this game, you're mostly getting dragged around by your allies or by certain events which occur purely in RNG (I can see fleets coming in to a certain market from time to time which can randomly trigger an event between the faction that fleet belongs to and the faction that market is owned by), only given an option to engage in diplomacy really when war breaks out between one of your allies and an opposing faction (Yes, no, intel screen, abstain). You're not really participating in the diplomacy that occurs from time to time, which is what I was looking for when I installed this mod and, while it does deliver to an extent, is still slightly lacking. It's pretty great on its own, but I think you can do better :).
Yea, I get what you're saying. Right now, doing a full-fledged diplomacy AI (that can do things like properly consider the value of offers/counteroffers in negotiations with the player or each other, and have specific preferences) is outside the scope of what I have planned for the mod. I do anticipate revisiting this in later Starsector versions when the campaign is more developed, though. (Even have a couple of ideas I think haven't been done in a 4X game before!)

Afghani84

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: August 28, 2020, 05:15:38 AM »

Hi Histidine,

great mod you made there. Having a lot of fun with it.
However, the last couple of days I had an error popping up. Any ideas on how to resolve it?

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: August 28, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »

Balance suggestion:

- Agents are too powerful. You should only have access to one agent, plus one if you invest in the skill point (that node is weak anyways, so this would effectively buff it). I know that this can be adjusted in the config, but it's unclear if this affects the AI factions as well.

- The agent ability to lower or raise relations is far too powerful. It's much too effective and doesn't cost enough. As it stands, even if Hegemony is an absolute powerhouse in a game, I can simply use two agents (even one agent if I'm handicapping myself) on Hegemony and another faction and delete their relationship over a moderate amount of time. At this point, I don't use my agents to adjust relationships, as it basically results in an effortless and bland victory over the sector if you pit the top factions against each other.

Other than that, I love your mod. It's incredible and it's very popular for good reason.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: August 28, 2020, 10:14:30 AM »

Hi Histidine,

great mod you made there. Having a lot of fun with it.
However, the last couple of days I had an error popping up. Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Is your VERSION CHECKER up to date?

Balance suggestion:

- Agents are too powerful. You should only have access to one agent, plus one if you invest in the skill point (that node is weak anyways, so this would effectively buff it). I know that this can be adjusted in the config, but it's unclear if this affects the AI factions as well.

- The agent ability to lower or raise relations is far too powerful. It's much too effective and doesn't cost enough. As it stands, even if Hegemony is an absolute powerhouse in a game, I can simply use two agents (even one agent if I'm handicapping myself) on Hegemony and another faction and delete their relationship over a moderate amount of time. At this point, I don't use my agents to adjust relationships, as it basically results in an effortless and bland victory over the sector if you pit the top factions against each other.

Other than that, I love your mod. It's incredible and it's very popular for good reason.

I think a skill (i forgot which) already gives you an extra agent... Either way, you can check these variables and adjust them as you see fit in "exerelin_config" if you think agents are too OP

Code
    "agentBaseSalary":2000,
    "agentSalaryPerLevel":1000,
    "maxAgents":2,

In theory, if you set maxAgents to 0, you can only get access to the 1 agent via skill level.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 10:20:31 AM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: September 02, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »

Is it possible to have a certain degree of set parameters during random world generations? What i am going with this is that, while i want the random core worlds, to be generated as they should be, i would also like the capital planets (or maybe even capital star systems) to be predetermined, so we get "Chicomoztoc, the barren-desert world, with these specific conditions" instead of "random planet name, being of a random quality and random conditions" for example.

My guess is that this wasn't put into consideration cuz maybe only 2-3 people actually enjoy playing random core worlds more than standard core worlds >.>...

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: September 03, 2020, 10:10:14 AM »

I think semi-random capital planets would be an interesting addition (it could even be just a .csv with fields for possible names and possible planet types, perhaps also with an ID field for a custom description), but more than that defeats the purpose of random mode, which is to improve performance.

That said, it wouldn't be hard to add custom Core Worlds to random mode if you so desired; it's a simple check to see if Random Mode is running. You could also look at creating a custom scenario, although I haven't looked at that in depth yet.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: September 03, 2020, 01:41:55 PM »

I think semi-random capital planets would be an interesting addition (it could even be just a .csv with fields for possible names and possible planet types, perhaps also with an ID field for a custom description), but more than that defeats the purpose of random mode, which is to improve performance.

That said, it wouldn't be hard to add custom Core Worlds to random mode if you so desired; it's a simple check to see if Random Mode is running. You could also look at creating a custom scenario, although I haven't looked at that in depth yet.

I tried and, to put it bluntly, i found nothing. But i do know that some mods do impose their own system and planets for their mods on random core worlds. (like Underworld's Styx and Templar's Antioch) But i'm not nearly skilled enough to see what these mods do in particular to make their systems appear.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 01:46:39 PM by DarkOmegaMK2 »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 396