Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Personal Contacts (08/13/20)

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7b "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-09-27)  (Read 1308235 times)

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6f "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-07-31)
« Reply #3195 on: August 02, 2020, 02:37:38 AM »

Is it just me or Agents can't be sent to [EXPUNGED]

My comissioned Faction was able to get relations to -20 with [EXPUNGED] but things have remained like that for a long time.

I tried to do the other option and send the agent to my commision faction and then try to improve the relations with [EXPUNGED].

But it automatically sets the improvement of relations to the Player.

Is it because [EXPUNGED] faction is still not complete? Or you were never able to become allied with them?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3196 on: August 02, 2020, 07:20:56 AM »

Just asking for future reference.

Do I have to start a new save file whenever this mod updates? Or can I just update it mid-save?
Nex updates are always (intended to be) save-compatible with at least the immediately prior update, unless otherwise specified.

Is it just me or Agents can't be sent to [EXPUNGED]

My comissioned Faction was able to get relations to -20 with [EXPUNGED] but things have remained like that for a long time.

I tried to do the other option and send the agent to my commision faction and then try to improve the relations with [EXPUNGED].

But it automatically sets the improvement of relations to the Player.

Is it because [EXPUNGED] faction is still not complete? Or you were never able to become allied with them?
That faction is deliberately immune to agents (this has been the case since the previous versions), but you can become their friends if you can find other methods to gain rep with them. I don't know if there are any in the current version though.

Although if the agent ends up raising your relationship with [EXPUNGED], shouldn't that propagate to benefit your commissioning faction as well? If not, that's a bug.
(Actually, being able to raise relations between agent-immune factions and normal factions by targeting the latter is also a bug, I'll be fixing that)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:24:57 AM by Histidine »

mora

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: August 02, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »

It seems that when a NPC invades a planet(and when using the SetMarketOwner command) the ship name prefixes do not change.(HSS on a now Tri-tachyon planet) However when a player does a market transfer the prefixes change to the proper ones. Why the difference?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3198 on: August 04, 2020, 05:32:14 PM »

It seems that when a NPC invades a planet(and when using the SetMarketOwner command) the ship name prefixes do not change.(HSS on a now Tri-tachyon planet) However when a player does a market transfer the prefixes change to the proper ones. Why the difference?
They all go through the same code on the mod's side. Maybe it's the player's presence (affecting market refreshes and such) that make the difference?

(I've known about prefixes not changing for a while but never did figure out why. Maybe I'll look into it for next version.)

mora

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: August 04, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »

They all go through the same code on the mod's side. Maybe it's the player's presence (affecting market refreshes and such) that make the difference?

(I've known about prefixes not changing for a while but never did figure out why. Maybe I'll look into it for next version.)
I tested some more and have a guess to why there is a difference.
When a player occupies a planet, unless it has the commerce industry the open market (probably) gets "deleted" together with its ship prefix data etc.
However when a player occupies a planet with commerce and then transfers, the open market is not deleted; The market will still have the same prefixes due to it inheriting the same market instance.
Both cases were tested with the same method (setmarketowner command on chicomoztoc with commerce and no commerce and then transferring to some other faction)
Additionally, adding commerce after the planet is transferred to the player and then giving it to some other faction caused the ship prefix ISS to remain on that open market. And doing this on a market with a military market caused the planet to have markets with 2 different ship prefixes.
I guess the fix for this would be to delete all the markets in the same manner when a player occupies a planet without commerce.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6f "Earth and Sky" (hotfix 2020-08-05)
« Reply #3200 on: August 05, 2020, 04:03:16 AM »

Hotfix for infinite loop ceasefire, and also fixes an exploit with agent raise/lower relations against agent-immune factions. Place in Nexerelin/jars

@mora: Thanks for the debugging!
I brought the issue up with Alex here. It'll be readily fixable in next version; for now, it's not serious enough for me to want to mess with recreating submarkets with their original contents, so I'll probably leave it.

Darktrooper119

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 07, 2020, 01:35:51 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what happens when factions that arent explicitly labeled as compatible are used alongside nex? Do they (and their stuff) just not spawn?

connortron7

• Commander
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3202 on: August 07, 2020, 02:00:50 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what happens when factions that arent explicitly labeled as compatible are used alongside nex? Do they (and their stuff) just not spawn?
No they spawn and just use default settings i believe.
And even if they somehow don't nex doesn't prevent them from spawning, that'd be silly.
i dont think theres any faction mods that arent compatible with nex at this point (at least mods that are up to date with starsector)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 02:02:25 PM by connortron7 »

Grafgurke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 08, 2020, 05:45:46 AM »

Is it possible to have factions ships in the game (like via blueprints) but not the faction itself?

jyjakafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: August 08, 2020, 06:43:59 AM »

bug report

if player faction is being invaded, i can talk to the invading fleet a few times with transponder off and they will move away and invasion will fail

i receive trade missions to ascalon but not allowed to dock there no matter how high relation is

junk pirates get asp blueprints and asp gets junk pirate blueprints (they are switched) in exrellerin faction config; not sure if intentional

love nexx, thank you ;)

Aldazar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: August 08, 2020, 08:53:04 AM »

Can I activate hard mode mid game?

DarkOmegaMK2

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3206 on: August 08, 2020, 01:50:34 PM »

I noticed a small bug on this when combined with "Terraforming and Station Construction", this happened on the latest patch ever since the addition of a full staff on planets/stations.

When a player builds an "Astral Gate", the station gets staffed as expected and no issues occur until the gatekeeper station is left autonomous, when this happens the new admin becomes the Station Commander instead of the secretary, once you donate an admin it gets replaced, but if you take temporary control of that gatekeep the Station Commander, once again, replaces your donated admin, and this can happen over and over again.

I didn't know if i should've posted this issue here or on boggled's thread, since it's relevant to both mods.

Thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3207 on: August 08, 2020, 07:04:15 PM »

Fix update coming out today for a bunch of issues.

Is it possible to have factions ships in the game (like via blueprints) but not the faction itself?
In random sector you can make factions not spawn using the faction settings in new game. Otherwise, you could try: start a new game without the faction mods involved, exit, activate the mods, load the save. (Not all mods may support this)

Can I activate hard mode mid game?
Yes, use the ReloadNexConfig console command.

bug report

if player faction is being invaded, i can talk to the invading fleet a few times with transponder off and they will move away and invasion will fail

i receive trade missions to ascalon but not allowed to dock there no matter how high relation is

junk pirates get asp blueprints and asp gets junk pirate blueprints (they are switched) in exrellerin faction config; not sure if intentional

love nexx, thank you ;)
Thanks!

Fixed the second and third issues. For the first, I haven't been able to reproduce in my couple of tests (the fleet can behave irregularly whether I talk to it or not, but does invade eventually) and I'm not sure the code involved is fixable by a mod if it does exist. But I'll keep an eye out.

I noticed a small bug on this when combined with "Terraforming and Station Construction", this happened on the latest patch ever since the addition of a full staff on planets/stations.

When a player builds an "Astral Gate", the station gets staffed as expected and no issues occur until the gatekeeper station is left autonomous, when this happens the new admin becomes the Station Commander instead of the secretary, once you donate an admin it gets replaced, but if you take temporary control of that gatekeep the Station Commander, once again, replaces your donated admin, and this can happen over and over again.

I didn't know if i should've posted this issue here or on boggled's thread, since it's relevant to both mods.

Thanks.
Happens on regular stations too, like Citadel Arcadia. Fixed it so the donated admin becomes the station commander where appropriate rather than the secretary (and made the secretary not appear at all if unneeded). Thanks!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6g "Earth and Sky" (fixes 2020-08-09)
« Reply #3208 on: August 08, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »

Fix update for the fix update for the fix update

Nexerelin v0.9.6g
Download

Changelog

* Don't send procurement missions to Templar markets
* Add Templar diplomacy traits
* Don't allow agent raise/lower relations actions where third faction is agent-immune
    * Also fix a GUI issue when raising third-party relations
* Fix ceasefire offer accept looping forever when auto-accepted due to relations
* Fix diplomacy dispositions using wrong faction's traits
* Null pointer safety for outpost creation if orbit cannot be found
* Fix starting blueprints for Junk Pirates, ASP Syndicate
* Fix handling of donated admin to a no-planet station; don't add secretaries to player stations when not needed
* Fix a couple of typos in decivilized interaction event

DarkOmegaMK2

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6g "Earth and Sky" (fixes 2020-08-09)
« Reply #3209 on: August 09, 2020, 12:36:20 AM »

* Fix handling of donated admin to a no-planet station; don't add secretaries to player stations when not needed

Thanks a lot, now the stations behave as intended when autonomous.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 219