Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 210

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6d "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-04-26)  (Read 1234651 times)

Orcling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6d "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-04-26)
« Reply #3075 on: May 30, 2020, 11:15:37 AM »

I would very much like to invade Arigato in the Styx system, since there's a pretty decent planet there i want to colonise, specifically Styx III, that 100% hazard tunda planet that has Organics, Ore and Farmland. But if i colonise that planet, i really don't want pirates in the system. Preferably, I'd love to own the station myself, but if I cant have that, I'll have to destroy it(If I even can)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3076 on: May 30, 2020, 06:25:58 PM »

Hello,
Thank you very much for the work around, works like a charm!
I'm having trouble attaching the log here or even pasting the mod list or the error for some reason, maybe it's too large for a reply.
I will add a 3rd party download link if that is ok?
https://easyupload.io/e0z765

I can barely make what causes this, to me it looks like maybe the Vesperon faction mod?
I just now realize it shouldn't even be compatible since it is not 0.9.1a, if that is the case i apologize for wasting your time.
You helped me a lot though, i'll be keeping an eye on that log now that i know where to look!
Thank you!

Edit: Found out that Outer Rim Alliance is also causing some error upon loading, so got rid of that as well.
Link says "Error 1020: Access denied"
"This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks."

You shouldn't need to attach the whole log though. Is the forum preventing even pasting an excerpt from the file? That's really strange.

Anyway: Vesperon will break if there are no independent markets in the game (which happened in Nex's random sector in a past version), but it's strange that this is happening in current version. Not sure what issue ORA would be having, are all your mods (notably MagicLib in ORA's case) up-to-date?

I would very much like to invade Arigato in the Styx system, since there's a pretty decent planet there i want to colonise, specifically Styx III, that 100% hazard tunda planet that has Organics, Ore and Farmland. But if i colonise that planet, i really don't want pirates in the system. Preferably, I'd love to own the station myself, but if I cant have that, I'll have to destroy it(If I even can)
Arigato is set to be non-invadable (for quasi-technical reasons); if you really want it to go away you'll have to do a sat bomb and eat the rep cost, or else do the raid-until-decivilized thing.

Gaudium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3077 on: May 31, 2020, 07:44:33 AM »

Yeah everything up to date, ORA works but when the game loads for the first time it gives some kind of CSV errors trying to find some kind of ships or something.
So i just ditched it just in case to avoid crashes mid game.

I am using the random generation of the universe in Nexerlin so i guess that is why there is an issue with the bar from Vesperon mod.

Yeah i'm getting an error trying to paste like 20 lines.

159543 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: F:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
160340 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.VesperonMembership BarEvent.setRepMarkets(VesperonMembershipBarEvent.java:106)
   at org.stratic.fs.starsector.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.VesperonMembership BarEvent.shouldShowAtMarket(VesperonMembershipBarEvent.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.showOptions(BarCMD.java:111)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions.BarCMD.execute(BarCMD.java:85)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.execute(Unknown Source)

Also i've checked the forum on Vesperon's mod page and this seems to be a known issue, so it is all good thank you!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 07:46:56 AM by Gaudium »

Orcling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: June 02, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »

When i use randomized core worlds, any idea how to remove the requirement of Unique resources that come from some planets in the vanilla system, like Lobsters? (including resources from some mods). Even better would be, get some planets to generate said resources, but I'm dum and I don't know how.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3079 on: June 04, 2020, 07:18:20 AM »

When i use randomized core worlds, any idea how to remove the requirement of Unique resources that come from some planets in the vanilla system, like Lobsters? (including resources from some mods). Even better would be, get some planets to generate said resources, but I'm dum and I don't know how.
There's no way to do ensure or add sources of custom commodities (random sector can produce lobsters if someone starts with a water planet, but there's no handling for most mod stuff).

However, if a commodity isn't being produced anywhere in the sector, Nex won't create procurement missions for it. Are you seeing those? Or another thing that wants the missing commodity?

Dr. Autissimo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: June 04, 2020, 01:52:03 PM »

I really like the mod, but is there any way to limit the amount of colonies an AI faction can get?
Or to somehow make them keep a few systems clean?
Really sorry if this has been asked before, but I can neither find a setting in the configs, nor anything in this thread :c

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: June 04, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »

Does this mod remove the ability to see the cargo available/used bar in the bottom left of the UI ? (near the 'supply use' and 'fuel capacity' bars)

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3082 on: June 04, 2020, 11:47:43 PM »

Hey everyone

I'm using nex + vayra + a bunch of faction mods. The game starts fine, the fps is amazing and everything is fluid.... for ~30 mins only. After that the game slowly start to degrade badly, both in combat and in hyperspace. The only way to solve this issue is by restarting the game.

I'm replying to this topic because nex is probably the most complex and known mod out there. I really don't want to blame this mod, just want to know if someone else here is also affected by this same problem.

Btw, my pc is not bad but is not a gaming beast: threadripper 1950x, 32gbs ram, bang for buck ssd, rtx 2070. And I changed the memory allocation to 8gbs

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: June 05, 2020, 07:01:45 AM »

Hey everyone

I'm using nex + vayra + a bunch of faction mods. The game starts fine, the fps is amazing and everything is fluid.... for ~30 mins only. After that the game slowly start to degrade badly, both in combat and in hyperspace. The only way to solve this issue is by restarting the game.

I'm replying to this topic because nex is probably the most complex and known mod out there. I really don't want to blame this mod, just want to know if someone else here is also affected by this same problem.

Btw, my pc is not bad but is not a gaming beast: threadripper 1950x, 32gbs ram, bang for buck ssd, rtx 2070. And I changed the memory allocation to 8gbs

I have been running the mod without a problem, I have only set my memory to 4096, even though I have well over that in the system. I have about 200MB worth of mods loaded and it only seems to ever use about 2GB of RAM.

Perhaps try running it with 4GB and see if you have the same issues ?

MaysaChan

• Ensign
  • Mod collector & rookie anime artist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3084 on: June 05, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »

Same faction attack each other?? Is this a bug??

lgustavomp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3085 on: June 05, 2020, 06:26:37 PM »

I have been running the mod without a problem, I have only set my memory to 4096, even though I have well over that in the system. I have about 200MB worth of mods loaded and it only seems to ever use about 2GB of RAM.

the game wont launch with less than 8GB, my mods folder is ~900mb in size. Well, I think it is time to do a fresh install and get easier on mods.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3086 on: June 05, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »

I really like the mod, but is there any way to limit the amount of colonies an AI faction can get?
Do you mean the colony expeditions the factions send? There's no hard cap on the number of colonies they create in this way, but you can increase "colonyExpeditionInterval" in exerelin_config.json, or "nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony" in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json, to slow down the rate at which they form colonies.

Same faction attack each other?? Is this a bug??
It can happen if something made a faction hostile to itself.
There's no way to tell which mod caused this or how, but you can fix it by entering this in console:
Code
runcode Global.getSector().getFaction("tahlan_legioinfernalis").setRelationship("tahlan_legioinfernalis", 1)

the game wont launch with less than 8GB, my mods folder is ~900mb in size. Well, I think it is time to do a fresh install and get easier on mods.
Allocating 8 GB isn't usually recommended FYI; try not to make it need more than 6 GB.

Does this mod remove the ability to see the cargo available/used bar in the bottom left of the UI ? (near the 'supply use' and 'fuel capacity' bars)
Nex doesn't touch that part of the GUI (not sure if it's moddable at all beyond colors and sprites used).
For me the cargo capacity bar is usually hidden, but appears when I view fleet or cargo screens. Is that what you're seeing?

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: June 06, 2020, 02:20:17 AM »

Nex doesn't touch that part of the GUI (not sure if it's moddable at all beyond colors and sprites used).
For me the cargo capacity bar is usually hidden, but appears when I view fleet or cargo screens. Is that what you're seeing?

Yes, it is exactly as you say, the mistake was mine, my apologies.

Now that I have noticed the lack of one, I really wish for it though.

Dr. Autissimo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: June 06, 2020, 02:58:45 AM »

Do you mean the colony expeditions the factions send? There's no hard cap on the number of colonies they create in this way, but you can increase "colonyExpeditionInterval" in exerelin_config.json, or "nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony" in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json, to slow down the rate at which they form colonies.

Thank you very much for pointing me In the right direction, I apparently did search the files for 'colonies', sorry...

I did some digging in the exerelin documentation, and it mentions a setting in the factions config, but that is on a per-faction basis, if that setting even still exists with your fork, right?
Also, is there any setting for the start date of colonies? Because I am in cycle 206 right now, and there already were a few colony expeditions, and most of the settings, even though I never changed anything, deviate from the default, so that might be changed for some reason too.

Again, thank you very much for your help in any case :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:06:41 AM by Dr. Autissimo »

saif ag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: June 06, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

I actually want more colonize expeditions

it makes finding good planets near the core worlds more important
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 210