Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Painting the Stars (02/07/20); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20)

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 200

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6c "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-03-28)  (Read 1131325 times)

Lycaon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2940 on: February 25, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »

Noticed a minor issue in my last playthrough with the pirate start. After resigning the pirate commission, the "you resigned the pirate commission" message remains stuck in the mission and pirate intel boards permanently. If you rejoin and re-resign the pirate commission it produces a duplicate message that also remains stuck. Other than that no gameplay effects, and I haven't tested with other faction commissions.

Thanks for the new update!  ;D

Viking8008

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: February 25, 2020, 03:57:31 PM »

How to lvl up Admins?

DarkOmegaMK2

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2942 on: February 26, 2020, 12:15:29 AM »

How to lvl up Admins?

This mod (or any mod for that matter) doesn't level up admins.

What Nexerelin does is let you unlock more slots to hire admins the bigger your total market size is.

If you want a mod that messes with admin spawns to have higher chance to make them better, i suggest you check the "Better Colonies" mod.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17103
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:17:41 AM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #2943 on: February 26, 2020, 03:29:19 AM »

Can i copy my edited settings.json ,diplomacyConfig.json and exerelin_config.json from old beta to the new one ?
And have i to put that one file into /jars again ?
diplomacyConfig.json and exerelin_config.json can be copied directly; for settings.json make sure you include the nex_bonusAdminLevels tag as explained here
You don't need the .jar any more.

Noticed a minor issue in my last playthrough with the pirate start. After resigning the pirate commission, the "you resigned the pirate commission" message remains stuck in the mission and pirate intel boards permanently. If you rejoin and re-resign the pirate commission it produces a duplicate message that also remains stuck. Other than that no gameplay effects, and I haven't tested with other faction commissions.
Are you unchecking the "important" button (the (!)) on the intel? Important intel items hang around forever in the current version of Starsector.

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: February 26, 2020, 04:12:19 AM »

Thanx. ;D
It was mainly that tag ,why i asked , because i am to lazy to add all the values from 0 to 300 again. 8)

Lycaon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: February 26, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »

Are you unchecking the "important" button (the (!)) on the intel? Important intel items hang around forever in the current version of Starsector.

Yes I've unchecked both and played on for an ingame year after that.

SkyDragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: February 27, 2020, 05:38:03 AM »

Excuse me, any tips for colonization? I find myself with stability 0 before I have Military Base+Ground Defenses+Heavy Industry, that makes fleets useless and I get raided by pirates every 17 Days by huge fleets full of atlas...

Any tips?

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: February 27, 2020, 07:29:07 AM »

Make all hostile Factions your Friends via the Agent Mission "Raise Reputation" ; at least till level "Welcoming".

Don`t make Freeports , don`t use Ai Cores.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: February 27, 2020, 04:18:57 PM »

^ This plus keep in mind that you don't have to build heavy industry first.  You can, at a minor cost, just import all the stuff you need to maintain your battlestations, patrol stations and - as a last resort - ground batteries.  So just build your defenses first and only worry about feeding them yourself second.

One thing that I've noticed when doing system defense is that one planet with a military HQ or better (level 2 and 3, which does take an industry slot, so use sparringly) is a lot more effective that just spamming little structure-slot system patrol stations everywhere (level 1).  Which is to say that rather than sending out a dozen lag-inducing shrimp patrols that just get crewed up and spit out, you'll more likely end up with just one big doomstack that can actually kick some serious butt for you while you're out of town.

I've never seen a pirate raid get past a battlestation, no matter how big their armada.  Though that is going to set you back 750,000cr... still, even your basic level 1 station is better for stopping pirate raids than ground defenses, in my experience.  In fact, with enough starbases and large patrols then you won't even need ground batteries at all because no one will be able to land troops in the first place.

DarkOmegaMK2

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2949 on: February 27, 2020, 05:45:58 PM »

In fact, with enough starbases and large patrols then you won't even need ground batteries at all because no one will be able to land troops in the first place.

Just wanted to add that, with that said, you'll still want heavy batteries regardless of anything because they provide stability.

SkyDragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: February 27, 2020, 07:39:28 PM »

Make all hostile Factions your Friends via the Agent Mission "Raise Reputation" ; at least till level "Welcoming".

Don`t make Freeports , don`t use Ai Cores.

Thanks! Really useful. I thought "hey this will work, finally"...

Then the luddic church stole the planet I wanted... And I didn't see the alliance with the hegemony... Sooo there's a bit of war but...

But at least pirates are not annoying me every 17 days and raids are every 60 :D

Btw this mod is awesome, so much work put in this, awesome!

DarkOmegaMK2

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2951 on: February 28, 2020, 11:48:53 PM »

Got this error a moment ago:

Spoiler
484597 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.graphics.A.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.floatsuper.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.ooOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.super.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

At first i ignored it because i couldn't figure out where i got it, but then i started getting it frequently and roughly at a similar point. I think what is going on is that a faction is making peace with me and the alert pop up is what's causing this. I have yet to confirm if this is true thought.

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: February 29, 2020, 07:33:44 AM »

I think you should post this error here : https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0

sqrt(-1)

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2953 on: February 29, 2020, 07:45:54 AM »

After invading Donn (from the pirates) and handing it over to Tri-Tachyon, the planet remains in my colony list and produces are stored there every month.
Custom ship productions were also routed there. I do not recall having bought storage space there.
After taking all items out of the storage, Donn was removed from the colony tab.

Tri-Tachyon is cooperative, without any alliance.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:55:27 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #2954 on: February 29, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »

Yes I've unchecked both and played on for an ingame year after that.
Hmm, right, I see the problem now. The issue exists in vanilla, too; reported here.

Got this error a moment ago:

Spoiler
484597 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.floatsuper.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.ooOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.super.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

At first i ignored it because i couldn't figure out where i got it, but then i started getting it frequently and roughly at a similar point. I think what is going on is that a faction is making peace with me and the alert pop up is what's causing this. I have yet to confirm if this is true thought.
Hmm, does it happen anytime a fleet tooltip or similar thing is generated (when mousing over a fleet, or looking at the faction doctrine screen where it generates a sample heavy patrol, or named bounty intel screen, etc.)?

After invading Donn (from the pirates) and handing it over to Tri-Tachyon, the planet remains in my colony list and produces are stored there every month.
Custom ship productions were also routed there. I do not recall having bought storage space there.
After taking all items out of the storage, Donn was removed from the colony tab.

Tri-Tachyon is cooperative, without any alliance.
- In Nexerelin 0.9.5 you'll have to reassign your colony gathering point after giving away or losing the target colony. This has been fixed in 0.9.6.
- Yeah, places (but not abandoned stations) where you have storage in use are also shown in colony screen. This is a vanilla feature, presumably to make it easier to find stuff.
(and storage is unlocked for free on all player planets IIRC)
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 200