Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000504 times)

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2880 on: February 17, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

The beta is compatible with existing saves to my knowledge, but it won't spawn the special forces fleets.
(Put this .jar in Nexerelin/jars to fix that)

Thanks for the file, but regrettably, i gotta say that i don't really need it anymore as i started a new save just to make sure everything is working in proper order with Nex. Sorry to made you waste your time on that. :-X

While i'm here, i may as well throw a suggestion, this is something that i'm sure has been requested before or at least i'm sure you have considered: The ability for the player faction to throw raids, just like how the AI does.

Here's what i was considering for it in case it serves for anything:
Spoiler
Raiding parties would be assembled via the "request fleet" menu, instead of targeting a planet, you target a system instead so the list of targets will only reflects inhabitated system names.

There would be three sliders for raid assembling:
-Fleet Size
-Duration of Raid
-Debuff Impact

Naturally, longer raids take more cash, this is assuming the raiding forces don't get defeated during their process. Debuff Impact would have three choices:
1.- -1 stability, -10% access
2.- -2 stability, -30% access
3.- -3 stability, -50% access

And each higher tier of debuff would increase the cost very significantly.

Once the fleet arrives to the system, it'll apply it's debuff to any hostile colonies and will essentially roam around hunting and killing until it's time is up or it's completely destroyed.

I'm certain you have considered this before but maybe discarded the idea for balancing issues and whatnot.
[close]

Coconutsales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: February 17, 2020, 08:51:50 PM »

I think my faction growth is bugged. I have 13 colonies with a total combined size of 66 (2x7 1x6 6x5 4x4) yet I still only have +3 administrators (for 7 total)

How can I get more administrators? I've pumped millions into colony growth, conquer-mongered the heck out of Sindrian Diktat and pirates, yet I can NOT get more admins! This has got to be bugged, I ain't seen another admin slot in CYCLES.

My current modlist, incase there was an unknown incompatibility with any of them (also for version numbers)
Spoiler
[close]

And my list of current colonies. Currently suffering a meager -2 stability debuff on my colonies because of my conquer-mongering, trying desperately to get more admins.
Spoiler
[close]

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: February 18, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »

I think my faction growth is bugged. I have 13 colonies with a total combined size of 66 (2x7 1x6 6x5 4x4) yet I still only have +3 administrators (for 7 total)

How can I get more administrators? I've pumped millions into colony growth, conquer-mongered the heck out of Sindrian Diktat and pirates, yet I can NOT get more admins! This has got to be bugged, I ain't seen another admin slot in CYCLES.

My current modlist, incase there was an unknown incompatibility with any of them (also for version numbers)
Spoiler
[close]

And my list of current colonies. Currently suffering a meager -2 stability debuff on my colonies because of my conquer-mongering, trying desperately to get more admins.
Spoiler
[close]
you can always use cores, or if you dont want to do that you can increase the admins in config file dont remember where should not be hard to find it on google tho

bazalisk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: February 18, 2020, 10:31:28 AM »

So i'm getting an odd error since swapping out the core.jar,   when starting a new game i CTD and see a complaint about "agent_steal_ship_config.csv not found".

gone back to using the old core.jar for now.   Thought i best mention it.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: February 18, 2020, 10:17:24 PM »

Been playing the beta version for a day now and this is the only thing I caught that was odd, though it's probably supposed to be there since it's a beta.

Also, a second Hegemony special forces fleet spawned but this one doesn't have a unique name like the first. It's just called "Hegemony Special Task Group"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:11:59 AM by Lycaon »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2885 on: February 19, 2020, 03:06:02 AM »

So i'm getting an odd error since swapping out the core.jar,   when starting a new game i CTD and see a complaint about "agent_steal_ship_config.csv not found".
You need to install the beta linked here (and then the jar on top of it), not just the jar.

Not a bug :) New admin slots come at total size: 10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300

While i'm here, i may as well throw a suggestion, this is something that i'm sure has been requested before or at least i'm sure you have considered: The ability for the player faction to throw raids, just like how the AI does.

Spoiler
Raiding parties would be assembled via the "request fleet" menu, instead of targeting a planet, you target a system instead so the list of targets will only reflects inhabitated system names.

-Fleet Size
-Duration of Raid
-Debuff Impact

Naturally, longer raids take more cash, this is assuming the raiding forces don't get defeated during their process. Debuff Impact would have three choices:

Once the fleet arrives to the system, it'll apply it's debuff to any hostile colonies and will essentially roam around hunting and killing until it's time is up or it's completely destroyed.
[close]
Hmm. The thing is, there isn't a clear benefit for the player to launch a raid against a system, unless I added a feature that the raiders can bring back commodities they loot (which still isn't a very exciting bonus unless you can swipe something high-value like a nanoforge).
Raids cause the player trouble by cutting their colonies' accessibility and stability, thus reducing income. But NPC factions don't use credits, and the increased player income from reducing a competitor's market share is... well, I don't even have an intuitive feel for how much -30% access to a particular system would benefit the player in any particular scenario. But also I don't expect it to exceed the cost of the raid fleet itself.

So I expect the main use case would be to get a large number of friendly ships to assist player invasions, both by fighting local defenses and reducing the target's ground defense strength through lower stability.

Been playing the beta version for a day now and this is the only thing I caught that was odd, though it's probably supposed to be there since it's a beta.

Also, a second Hegemony special forces fleet spawned but this one doesn't have a unique name like the first. It's just called "Hegemony Special Task Group"
Seems there's a bug where the "is Nex dev" debug check wasn't working properly (that intel should only display for normal players in devmode). Thanks, fixed.

(And yeah, the fleet name isn't generated till the player gets close to its current location)

KoRv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: February 19, 2020, 07:48:34 AM »

Sorry if this isnt the place for this question or if its been asked before.
Looking at Nexerelin, it has a lot of really awesome features that would be a blast to add to my game. The problem is, I'm not really interested in "winning" starsector, and I definitely dont want to wipe out a whole faction as that feels like it would cut out part of the game's content. This is personal preference and I take no issue with that style of play, and the idea of factions expanding into and fighting over the outer reaches of the sector sounds awesome.
Basically, is there a way to set up Nexerelin that removes the win conditions and makes it so that the the core systems cant be wiped out? A "Nexerelin Lite", if you will?

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: February 19, 2020, 08:03:41 AM »

Sorry if this isnt the place for this question or if its been asked before.
Looking at Nexerelin, it has a lot of really awesome features that would be a blast to add to my game. The problem is, I'm not really interested in "winning" starsector, and I definitely dont want to wipe out a whole faction as that feels like it would cut out part of the game's content. This is personal preference and I take no issue with that style of play, and the idea of factions expanding into and fighting over the outer reaches of the sector sounds awesome.
Basically, is there a way to set up Nexerelin that removes the win conditions and makes it so that the the core systems cant be wiped out? A "Nexerelin Lite", if you will?
the win condition wont end your game its more like achievement you get a message atleast thats what i got, and if you turn on respawning factions on, if somebody gets wiped out they come back, keep in mind tho if they come back its ususaly just one colony and they might need some help from you to grow, you can also bring them back by giving them planets you own via comm menu

KoRv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: February 19, 2020, 09:44:02 AM »

the win condition wont end your game its more like achievement you get a message atleast thats what i got, and if you turn on respawning factions on, if somebody gets wiped out they come back, keep in mind tho if they come back its ususaly just one colony and they might need some help from you to grow, you can also bring them back by giving them planets you own via comm menu
Well thats something, Id prefer something to keep them constantly relevant but at least they wouldnt be permanently gone. One more question, is it generally better to do random sector maps or the classic if your using a few faction mods?

Coconutsales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: February 19, 2020, 12:08:26 PM »

Not a bug :) New admin slots come at total size: 10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300

Ah, I see. Yeah, I guess I passed 80 growth because after a bunch of conquering I managed to get a new slot. Where is the configuration file for this range? I'd like to customize it a bit, because it doesn't really suit continued growth without using Alpha Cores, which I have been trying to limit in my save.

-- Edit: I managed to find a section of code in Nexerelin\jars\src.zip\sources\ExerelinCore\exerelin\campaign\ColonyManager.java that might affect what I wish to change. Would there be any negative effects to changing line 91 in this file to have more bonus levels on a smoother curve?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:19:39 PM by Coconutsales »

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: February 19, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »

Spoiler

-Fleet Size
-Duration of Raid
-Debuff Impact

[close]
Hmm. The thing is, there isn't a clear benefit for the player to launch a raid against a system, unless I added a feature that the raiders can bring back commodities they loot (which still isn't a very exciting bonus unless you can swipe something high-value like a nanoforge).
Raids cause the player trouble by cutting their colonies' accessibility and stability, thus reducing income. But NPC factions don't use credits, and the increased player income from reducing a competitor's market share is... well, I don't even have an intuitive feel for how much -30% access to a particular system would benefit the player in any particular scenario. But also I don't expect it to exceed the cost of the raid fleet itself.

So I expect the main use case would be to get a large number of friendly ships to assist player invasions, both by fighting local defenses and reducing the target's ground defense strength through lower stability.

one of the main uses for disruption raiding is the creation of trade opportunities. You blow up the spaceport which tanks their accessibility and causes massive shortages and surpluses. You then sell them food, supplies, fuel, guns and drugs to them. This debuff would have a similar effect.

It also can lower a planets defenses as undersupplied military bases and batteries produce smaller fleets and less ground defenses, while stations lose Combat Readiness. Sieging/blockading a system by killing convoys prior to invading is actually a pretty strong tactic when youre trying to crack well defended worlds. This would be another way to soften things up, basically U-boat tactics.

You could also model the raiders giving you a cut of the loot through a credit reward based on the amount of damage they did and ships they destroyed over the duration.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: February 19, 2020, 02:53:56 PM »

Seems there's a bug where the "is Nex dev" debug check wasn't working properly (that intel should only display for normal players in devmode). Thanks, fixed.

(And yeah, the fleet name isn't generated till the player gets close to its current location)

Awesome. ;D Is there a new link for the fixed version?

Adjust the following settings in exerelin_config.json in the Nexerelin mod folder;

invasionFleetSizeMult: 1 to 0.3
pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet: 24000 to 75000

specialForcesSizeMult: 1 to 0.3

And the following in diplomacyConfig.json (A few folders in);

eventFrequency: 20 to 45.

This makes faction relationships change gradually, and invasions take longer to set up. When invasions do happen the invaders and defenders are generally evenly matched unless one side can bring its special forces to bear, so territorial changes happen much more slowly (As in more of a vanilla pace, without the boring static feel). In my current playthrough the Hegemony managed to place an ambush for the Persean League's special task force when it was invading Eventide, thus completely destroying it giving them the opening to counter-invade and take over Mairaath. Soon afterwards before the Hegemony could consolidate Mairaath started rebelling. While the Hegemony was busy sending suppression fleets I was busy selling boatloads of marines and heavy weaponry on the black market (presumably going to the rebels) so the rebels eventually won and Mairaath went right back to the Persean League. Unfortunately because of this and a few other things the Hegemony really doesn't like me right now and I'm expecting expeditions on my colony doorstep any day now.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 06:34:39 PM by Lycaon »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: February 19, 2020, 03:21:39 PM »

invasionFleetSizeMult: 1 to 0.3
pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet: 24000 to 75000

specialForcesSizeMult: 1 to 0.3

And the following in diplomacyConfig.json (A few folders in);

eventFrequency: 20 to 45.

This makes faction relationships change gradually, and invasions take longer to set up. When invasions do happen the invaders and defenders are generally evenly matched unless one side can bring its special forces to bear, so territorial changes happen much more slowly (As in more of a vanilla pace, without the boring static feel). In my current playthrough the Hegemony managed to place an ambush for the Persean League's special task force when it was invading Eventide, thus completely destroying it giving them the opening to counter-invade and take over Mairaath. Soon afterwards before the Hegemony could consolidate Mairaath started rebelling. While the Hegemony was busy sending suppression fleets I was busy selling boatloads of marines and heavy weaponry on the black market (presumably going to the rebels) so the rebels eventually won and Mairaath went right back to the Persean League. Unfortunately because of this and a few other things the Hegemony really doesn't like me right now and I'm expecting expeditions on my colony doorstep any day now.

Have you tried this config with "Derelict Empire" start?

That game mode is generally very slow to start. (but incredibly fun late game) And i feel this might just make it even slower to set up.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: February 19, 2020, 03:33:08 PM »

That game mode is generally very slow to start. (but incredibly fun late game) And i feel this might just make it even slower to set up.

The only start I've played so far is Spacer (the one where you only start with a kite) in the default core setting.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 03:59:00 PM by Lycaon »

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: February 19, 2020, 03:52:44 PM »

I have, and it is rather interesting.  Every faction reduced to one or two planets at most and everyone constantly trying to invade "Remnants" - it becomes a complete roll of the dice to see who ends up in the lead by the time all those Remnant worlds finally get claimed, and I enjoy that a lot. 

It certainly beats the entirely predictable path of vanilla, that's for sure (i.e. Tri-Tachyon gets ganged up by everyone and dies in the first five years, then the Hegemony slowly conquers everything and the Luddics are the only survivors because they start spamming colonies across the entire map on day one).
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 394