Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Painting the Stars (02/07/20); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20)

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 201

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6c "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-03-28)  (Read 1137882 times)

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2880 on: February 16, 2020, 04:10:54 PM »

So, what's the rules for the saturation bombings for settling in "claimed" systems when that system is contested between two factions?

I have a commission with the League and a colony in Maryasura system but Tri Tach wants to smear my colony in spite of my affiliation with a faction they tolerate sharing a system with.

Is it possible to settle in contested systems? Or do I have to stick with the single-faction systems?

Lycaon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: February 16, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »

I'm also interested in knowing if updating to the beta version will break current saves or not.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #2882 on: February 17, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »

Previous beta had some bugs involving special forces fleets spawned using a subfaction (e.g. Lion's Guard or DME Sixth Bureau); here's a hotfix for the nine of you who downloaded the old version.

I haven't downloaded yet, because i wanted to ask first:

Will updating nex to the beta version break saves? Cuz judging by the list of changes i am most certain that it'll do, but wanna make sure. Thanks!
I'm also interested in knowing if updating to the beta version will break current saves or not.
The beta is compatible with existing saves to my knowledge, but it won't spawn the special forces fleets.
(Put this .jar in Nexerelin/jars to fix that)

So, what's the rules for the saturation bombings for settling in "claimed" systems when that system is contested between two factions?

I have a commission with the League and a colony in Maryasura system but Tri Tach wants to smear my colony in spite of my affiliation with a faction they tolerate sharing a system with.

Is it possible to settle in contested systems? Or do I have to stick with the single-faction systems?
The vanilla rule is the NPC faction with the biggest military market controls the system, or if there isn't one, the faction with the biggest market. Only the system owner sends territorial sat bomb expeditions.
This is kept in Nexerelin, except the player can also be considered to be the system owner.
Commissions only protect you from the commissioning faction, not any third parties. Also factions only target player colonies for territorial sat bombs, not other NPC factions, because life is unfair that way.

If you're not already hostile with the faction, though, they should first demand tribute (this is an intel item you have to watch out for). This applies a pretty hefty debuff to the colony (-40% gross income, -50% size growth) but they'll leave it alone, and you can always cancel the tribute later.
Also, if you can fend off the expeditions, once the colony gets to size 5 it won't get bombarded.

-NPC markets get half the growth rate benefit from free port (not counting the effects of increased accessibility)
- why you change this? Is it suppose to be opposite?
It makes Free Port condition on NPC markets have half the growth bonus as on player markets (they'll still grow faster than NPC markets without Free Port). I did this because NPC free ports (like all the random pirate planets) were growing a wee bit too fast compared to the rest of the Sector, shall we say.

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: February 17, 2020, 07:36:49 AM »

Thanks for the explanation boss. Maybe you could add a "As the holder of the largest Military colony in the system, X claims ownership of all planets in Y" in the tribute demand/saturation bombing text. Also the tribute demand text could benefit from laying out *explicitly* what'll happen if you refuse rather than merely hinting at it.

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: February 17, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »

Also is the max Veng fleet 3? If so can you make it atleast 5?

Hang on, let's see if I can find that dominatrix's business card...

LI've seen level 1 fleets sporting 10+ battleships and carriers.  They are already stupidly OP as it is.  To put it in perspective, for a player with $500,000 of industry output it would take them roughly 5+ years to build as many ships as the AI magically pull out of their arses for even one low-level vengeance fleet.  We're talking about ten million bucks worth of ships per level on average, and they often have 2 or 3 running at a time.

Palpatine's mystery armada was more believable than what gets spawned in vengeance fleets.  If anything, IMHO they need to be toned down, not up.
what do you mean op ? maybe its just my luck but i ususaly dont even get to fight them and i did have level 3 after me only to get message that they have been destroyed :D soo where are those op fleets you are talking about ? :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 10:37:29 AM by Tralalakk »

DarkOmegaMK2

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2885 on: February 17, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

The beta is compatible with existing saves to my knowledge, but it won't spawn the special forces fleets.
(Put this .jar in Nexerelin/jars to fix that)

Thanks for the file, but regrettably, i gotta say that i don't really need it anymore as i started a new save just to make sure everything is working in proper order with Nex. Sorry to made you waste your time on that. :-X

While i'm here, i may as well throw a suggestion, this is something that i'm sure has been requested before or at least i'm sure you have considered: The ability for the player faction to throw raids, just like how the AI does.

Here's what i was considering for it in case it serves for anything:
Spoiler
Raiding parties would be assembled via the "request fleet" menu, instead of targeting a planet, you target a system instead so the list of targets will only reflects inhabitated system names.

There would be three sliders for raid assembling:
-Fleet Size
-Duration of Raid
-Debuff Impact

Naturally, longer raids take more cash, this is assuming the raiding forces don't get defeated during their process. Debuff Impact would have three choices:
1.- -1 stability, -10% access
2.- -2 stability, -30% access
3.- -3 stability, -50% access

And each higher tier of debuff would increase the cost very significantly.

Once the fleet arrives to the system, it'll apply it's debuff to any hostile colonies and will essentially roam around hunting and killing until it's time is up or it's completely destroyed.

I'm certain you have considered this before but maybe discarded the idea for balancing issues and whatnot.
[close]

Coconutsales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: February 17, 2020, 08:51:50 PM »

I think my faction growth is bugged. I have 13 colonies with a total combined size of 66 (2x7 1x6 6x5 4x4) yet I still only have +3 administrators (for 7 total)

How can I get more administrators? I've pumped millions into colony growth, conquer-mongered the heck out of Sindrian Diktat and pirates, yet I can NOT get more admins! This has got to be bugged, I ain't seen another admin slot in CYCLES.

My current modlist, incase there was an unknown incompatibility with any of them (also for version numbers)
Spoiler
[close]

And my list of current colonies. Currently suffering a meager -2 stability debuff on my colonies because of my conquer-mongering, trying desperately to get more admins.
Spoiler
[close]

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: February 18, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »

I think my faction growth is bugged. I have 13 colonies with a total combined size of 66 (2x7 1x6 6x5 4x4) yet I still only have +3 administrators (for 7 total)

How can I get more administrators? I've pumped millions into colony growth, conquer-mongered the heck out of Sindrian Diktat and pirates, yet I can NOT get more admins! This has got to be bugged, I ain't seen another admin slot in CYCLES.

My current modlist, incase there was an unknown incompatibility with any of them (also for version numbers)
Spoiler
[close]

And my list of current colonies. Currently suffering a meager -2 stability debuff on my colonies because of my conquer-mongering, trying desperately to get more admins.
Spoiler
[close]
you can always use cores, or if you dont want to do that you can increase the admins in config file dont remember where should not be hard to find it on google tho

bazalisk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: February 18, 2020, 10:31:28 AM »

So i'm getting an odd error since swapping out the core.jar,   when starting a new game i CTD and see a complaint about "agent_steal_ship_config.csv not found".

gone back to using the old core.jar for now.   Thought i best mention it.

Lycaon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: February 18, 2020, 10:17:24 PM »

Been playing the beta version for a day now and this is the only thing I caught that was odd, though it's probably supposed to be there since it's a beta.

Also, a second Hegemony special forces fleet spawned but this one doesn't have a unique name like the first. It's just called "Hegemony Special Task Group"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:11:59 AM by Lycaon »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #2890 on: February 19, 2020, 03:06:02 AM »

So i'm getting an odd error since swapping out the core.jar,   when starting a new game i CTD and see a complaint about "agent_steal_ship_config.csv not found".
You need to install the beta linked here (and then the jar on top of it), not just the jar.

Not a bug :) New admin slots come at total size: 10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300

While i'm here, i may as well throw a suggestion, this is something that i'm sure has been requested before or at least i'm sure you have considered: The ability for the player faction to throw raids, just like how the AI does.

Here's what i was considering for it in case it serves for anything:
Spoiler
Raiding parties would be assembled via the "request fleet" menu, instead of targeting a planet, you target a system instead so the list of targets will only reflects inhabitated system names.

There would be three sliders for raid assembling:
-Fleet Size
-Duration of Raid
-Debuff Impact

Naturally, longer raids take more cash, this is assuming the raiding forces don't get defeated during their process. Debuff Impact would have three choices:
1.- -1 stability, -10% access
2.- -2 stability, -30% access
3.- -3 stability, -50% access

And each higher tier of debuff would increase the cost very significantly.

Once the fleet arrives to the system, it'll apply it's debuff to any hostile colonies and will essentially roam around hunting and killing until it's time is up or it's completely destroyed.
[close]
Hmm. The thing is, there isn't a clear benefit for the player to launch a raid against a system, unless I added a feature that the raiders can bring back commodities they loot (which still isn't a very exciting bonus unless you can swipe something high-value like a nanoforge).
Raids cause the player trouble by cutting their colonies' accessibility and stability, thus reducing income. But NPC factions don't use credits, and the increased player income from reducing a competitor's market share is... well, I don't even have an intuitive feel for how much -30% access to a particular system would benefit the player in any particular scenario. But also I don't expect it to exceed the cost of the raid fleet itself.

So I expect the main use case would be to get a large number of friendly ships to assist player invasions, both by fighting local defenses and reducing the target's ground defense strength through lower stability.

Been playing the beta version for a day now and this is the only thing I caught that was odd, though it's probably supposed to be there since it's a beta.

Also, a second Hegemony special forces fleet spawned but this one doesn't have a unique name like the first. It's just called "Hegemony Special Task Group"
Seems there's a bug where the "is Nex dev" debug check wasn't working properly (that intel should only display for normal players in devmode). Thanks, fixed.

(And yeah, the fleet name isn't generated till the player gets close to its current location)

KoRv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: February 19, 2020, 07:48:34 AM »

Sorry if this isnt the place for this question or if its been asked before.
Looking at Nexerelin, it has a lot of really awesome features that would be a blast to add to my game. The problem is, I'm not really interested in "winning" starsector, and I definitely dont want to wipe out a whole faction as that feels like it would cut out part of the game's content. This is personal preference and I take no issue with that style of play, and the idea of factions expanding into and fighting over the outer reaches of the sector sounds awesome.
Basically, is there a way to set up Nexerelin that removes the win conditions and makes it so that the the core systems cant be wiped out? A "Nexerelin Lite", if you will?

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: February 19, 2020, 08:03:41 AM »

Sorry if this isnt the place for this question or if its been asked before.
Looking at Nexerelin, it has a lot of really awesome features that would be a blast to add to my game. The problem is, I'm not really interested in "winning" starsector, and I definitely dont want to wipe out a whole faction as that feels like it would cut out part of the game's content. This is personal preference and I take no issue with that style of play, and the idea of factions expanding into and fighting over the outer reaches of the sector sounds awesome.
Basically, is there a way to set up Nexerelin that removes the win conditions and makes it so that the the core systems cant be wiped out? A "Nexerelin Lite", if you will?
the win condition wont end your game its more like achievement you get a message atleast thats what i got, and if you turn on respawning factions on, if somebody gets wiped out they come back, keep in mind tho if they come back its ususaly just one colony and they might need some help from you to grow, you can also bring them back by giving them planets you own via comm menu

KoRv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: February 19, 2020, 09:44:02 AM »

the win condition wont end your game its more like achievement you get a message atleast thats what i got, and if you turn on respawning factions on, if somebody gets wiped out they come back, keep in mind tho if they come back its ususaly just one colony and they might need some help from you to grow, you can also bring them back by giving them planets you own via comm menu
Well thats something, Id prefer something to keep them constantly relevant but at least they wouldnt be permanently gone. One more question, is it generally better to do random sector maps or the classic if your using a few faction mods?

Coconutsales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: February 19, 2020, 12:08:26 PM »

Not a bug :) New admin slots come at total size: 10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300

Ah, I see. Yeah, I guess I passed 80 growth because after a bunch of conquering I managed to get a new slot. Where is the configuration file for this range? I'd like to customize it a bit, because it doesn't really suit continued growth without using Alpha Cores, which I have been trying to limit in my save.

-- Edit: I managed to find a section of code in Nexerelin\jars\src.zip\sources\ExerelinCore\exerelin\campaign\ColonyManager.java that might affect what I wish to change. Would there be any negative effects to changing line 91 in this file to have more bonus levels on a smoother curve?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 12:19:39 PM by Coconutsales »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 201