Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013338 times)

redvyper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2805 on: January 18, 2020, 04:23:38 PM »

I tried looking around but is it possible to join the pirate faction AFTER starting the game as a non-pirate? I got my rep with them to 100 but they won't let me be "commissioned"
i think console comands mod has set comision comand hope that helps

Trying to setCommission through the console says that the pirates don't accept commissions haha!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2806 on: January 18, 2020, 06:54:49 PM »

small question here is there any way to tweak the change of colonization event for factions ? or force it maybe ? or what things can affect it ?  thank you
There's a setting to change its frequency, namely colonyExpeditionInterval in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json

I tried looking around but is it possible to join the pirate faction AFTER starting the game as a non-pirate? I got my rep with them to 100 but they won't let me be "commissioned"
It should just work when you go to a pirate market and talk to the local boss. What's the message when it blocks your attempt to take a commission?

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: January 19, 2020, 08:29:06 AM »

small question here is there any way to tweak the change of colonization event for factions ? or force it maybe ? or what things can affect it ?  thank you
There's a setting to change its frequency, namely colonyExpeditionInterval in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json

It should just work when you go to a pirate market and talk to the local boss. What's the message when it blocks your attempt to take a commission?

thank you, its curently at 270 so if i want them to go out and colonize stuff more often should i set it lower or higher ?

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: January 19, 2020, 11:05:47 PM »

I haven't quite figured out why this is happening but sometimes the tarrif is only 9% instead of 18%, but I don't know why, anyone know?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2809 on: January 20, 2020, 04:34:05 AM »

thank you, its curently at 270 so if i want them to go out and colonize stuff more often should i set it lower or higher ?
Lower number = more frequent colony events

I haven't quite figured out why this is happening but sometimes the tarrif is only 9% instead of 18%, but I don't know why, anyone know?
Free ports (and player-owned markets) have halved tariffs in Nexerelin.

redvyper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: January 20, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »

It works, you just have to have your reputation with the pirates very high (worked for me at 100). I think for the other factions the rep requirement is 70, so I mistakenly assumed that it would be the same for the pirates. It makes sense that pirates would be the least trusting of any faction. Cheers!

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: January 21, 2020, 03:15:02 AM »

Thanks for the reply and I guess one more question..? I seem to be having zero luck getting blueprints from exploring outposts/[redacted]/mining stations, is that just my seed/luck or is that a thing in Nexerlin? I just finally got a pristine nanoforge in 216 and still can't make any real end-ish game vanilla ships due to not having any blueprints for them. I know "Prism Freeport" is a thing, but I haven't found it, and after a long google search, leading to nexus, reddit, and bitbucket, I still can't figure out where it's supposed to be or if it's random. I sure hope I have it enabled, is there a way to verify it? Or patch it in-game?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:31:24 AM by geminitiger »

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: January 21, 2020, 05:43:55 AM »

I'm a bit of a newbie to the game, thinking of doing a restart. I have a question about this mod.

I very much enjoy 4X games, but the standard tactic in such is to start with grabbing as much 'territory' as possible, as fast as possible, before any of the opponents grab it. If this mod is adding a 4x element to it, does that mean that I must myself immediately start colonizing, desperately trying to keep up with the expansion of much more established competing empires? Or do the established empires jut war among themselves for territory they already own? Can I spend leisurely time exploring space, building up skills, resources, building a bigger and better fleet, etc., and then at some later date create a few colonies that stand any chance whatsoever?

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: January 21, 2020, 06:10:56 AM »

I'm a bit of a newbie to the game, thinking of doing a restart. I have a question about this mod.

I very much enjoy 4X games, but the standard tactic in such is to start with grabbing as much 'territory' as possible, as fast as possible, before any of the opponents grab it. If this mod is adding a 4x element to it, does that mean that I must myself immediately start colonizing, desperately trying to keep up with the expansion of much more established competing empires? Or do the established empires jut war among themselves for territory they already own? Can I spend leisurely time exploring space, building up skills, resources, building a bigger and better fleet, etc., and then at some later date create a few colonies that stand any chance whatsoever?
Hi i got about 100+ hours with this mod and from what i can tell so far they usualy figh among self, but they do somethimes decide to go out and colonize stuff, but you definetly dont need to rush your own colonies, i have lots of faction mods instaled and i did colonies very late in game and i was able to do just fine, and if they do get something you want you can always invade and take over, which this mod allowes, without the need to bomb them and create polution, hope that helps

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: January 21, 2020, 06:30:23 AM »

Hi i got about 100+ hours with this mod and from what i can tell so far they usualy figh among self, but they do somethimes decide to go out and colonize stuff, but you definetly dont need to rush your own colonies, i have lots of faction mods instaled and i did colonies very late in game and i was able to do just fine, and if they do get something you want you can always invade and take over, which this mod allowes, without the need to bomb them and create polution, hope that helps

That helps very much, thank you. This is what I was hoping to hear.

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: January 21, 2020, 06:41:14 AM »

That helps very much, thank you. This is what I was hoping to hear.
no problem i just want to add that they can also form aliances, and if you are hostile to any faction they can and will send invasion fleets to your colonies, so might be actualy good idea to wait with your own colonies until you have acces to some capital ships fir your fleets , otherwise you gonna have to babysit all the time

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: January 21, 2020, 06:48:19 AM »

no problem i just want to add that they can also form aliances, and if you are hostile to any faction they can and will send invasion fleets to your colonies, so might be actualy good idea to wait with your own colonies until you have acces to some capital ships fir your fleets , otherwise you gonna have to babysit all the time

I was planning to take a commission with an established empire at the start of the game, so as to get their monthly 'salary' and access to their military market. Is there harm in starting a single colony inside their own space, maybe even in one of their own heavily defended systems, so they can guard the colony while I go off doing who knows what? The intention would be that I would actually lose that colony later when I was ready to really put down roots elsewhere.

Tralalakk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: January 21, 2020, 06:52:34 AM »

I was planning to take a commission with an established empire at the start of the game, so as to get their monthly 'salary' and access to their military market. Is there harm in starting a single colony inside their own space, maybe even in one of their own heavily defended systems, so they can guard the colony while I go off doing who knows what? The intention would be that I would actually lose that colony later when I was ready to really put down roots elsewhere.
that could work but keep in mind if you take a commision you basicaly join that factiom meanin if they are at war with somebody it also mean you are now at war as well, i did this as well but i dit not actualy test if the faction that is in control of the system actualy go and protects you because at that point  my fleet were able to deal with basicaly anything, so you will have to wait and see :D but for things like pirates which are hostile to basicaly everybody it should make it harder for them to actualy reach your colony since any patrol or military fleet will hunt them
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 07:42:15 AM by Tralalakk »

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: January 21, 2020, 04:15:35 PM »

Well... That didn't work. The empire I was commissioned with did not treat my colony like one of theirs, so much for feudalism. In fact they were so incensed by the presence of a 'foreign' colony in their own space that they saturation bombed it to oblivion. I'm restarting.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2819 on: January 21, 2020, 04:44:10 PM »

It works, you just have to have your reputation with the pirates very high (worked for me at 100). I think for the other factions the rep requirement is 70, so I mistakenly assumed that it would be the same for the pirates.
o_o Commission should only require +10 relations for a normal faction, and -10 for pirate-type factions (including Luddic Path).
Are you running some other mods? (though I can't think of any that would event want to change this, except maybe Archean Order)

Thanks for the reply and I guess one more question..? I seem to be having zero luck getting blueprints from exploring outposts/[redacted]/mining stations, is that just my seed/luck or is that a thing in Nexerlin? I just finally got a pristine nanoforge in 216 and still can't make any real end-ish game vanilla ships due to not having any blueprints for them. I know "Prism Freeport" is a thing, but I haven't found it, and after a long google search, leading to nexus, reddit, and bitbucket, I still can't figure out where it's supposed to be or if it's random. I sure hope I have it enabled, is there a way to verify it? Or patch it in-game?
Nex doesn't change salvaging output, so it may be just your bad luck. Salvaging skill helps etc.

As for Prism, you can find it in the center of the sector map (turn Starscape off in bottom-left). If it's not there, you can spawn it with a Console command.

Well... That didn't work. The empire I was commissioned with did not treat my colony like one of theirs, so much for feudalism. In fact they were so incensed by the presence of a 'foreign' colony in their own space that they saturation bombed it to oblivion. I'm restarting.
Something has gone seriously wrong, because even in vanilla your commissioning faction won't territorial sat bomb you, and in Nex they'll demand tribute first on top of that. You are running the newest version of both Starsector (0.9.1a-RC8) and Nexerelin (0.9.5h), correct?
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 396