Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Raiding for Fun and Profit (11/27/19)

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 183

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-01)  (Read 989181 times)

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Feedback
« Reply #2595 on: October 06, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »

Good day. First of all, thanks for the mod! It was an incredible gaming experience for me with all the faction warfare and extra fun functions.
Now, I'd like to leave my feedback on the matter.
After playing for 100+ hours with Nexerelin, I could see a single major balance issue that I'd like to highlight today.

The issue is the Request Fleet function.
It is RIDICULOUSLY strong. For just 650k you can summon 5+ enormously large fleets to destroy anything you want.
A full (1500) space power fleet costs 650k when you request it with minimum ground power. But do you really need ground power?
Not only these fleets are as strong as Radiant [REDACTED] fleets found in the high danger zones (or even stronger actually), but they are also dirt cheap.
By using Request Fleet, you can literally win the game without ever fighting.

Here's an example:
At the start of the game, you can just explore a bit and gather the 650k necessary. Or 1.3kk to be absolutely sure.
Then you request a fleet or two, buy 500 marines and just go to any system you want.
Summoned fleets obliterate all patrols and orbital stations and you just do tactical bombardment => invade. 500 marines are more than enough after the bombardment.
And the whole Askonia can be yours in just one or two hours after getting into the game. Gotta have those lobsters.

In short, the problem is that price and fleet power are nowhere around balanced. What you get for 650k now should be worth at least 6.5 millions.
And once you have several good planets and make 500k+ per month, you can just launch these invasions every month and take system by system. You don't even have to fight yourself.

Now that I've explained the problem, here's what I propose:

1) Make a hard cap for the fleet's space power that scales with how many Ship Hulls a faction that provides the fleets produces.
 For example, a faction that produces a total of 40 Ship Hulls across all of its markets will have a cap of 1000 space power when you're requesting fleets from them.
 With this change, you will have to actually work on your colonies and build those Heavy Industries everywhere to be able to summon high-power fleets.

2) Increase the price to at least 2000-3000 credits per space power. This will still be more or less cheap, but it won't be as free as it is right now.

3) Make it so only one fleet can be launched at a time, no matter how big or small. This is to prevent spamming 2-3 request fleets on the same system and overwhelming it.

I believe that with these changes Request Fleet will be a lot more balanced and be more of an extra help for when you attack a system rather than "I win" button. Most systems tend to have about 1000-1500 space power when it comes to defense, so being able to summon a 1500 space power fleet for 650k just like that is absolutely over the top.

You don't even need to go into space to do this.

Attack a low level planet (3 or 4) with a patrol station and/or heavy batteries by taking out their space port.

Invade.

Give the colony to another faction.

Then sell a bunch of marines + armaments.

Congrats, you've just made about 300K or more, in the first couple of days of the game, and can now repeat it a few more times to get millions early, do the strategy you just said, and win. I personally attack a AI core planet of WY, take their AI core, then attack Hegemony for their level 8 colony, AI core it, and I now have 500k income early game in about 3-4 months time ingame.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4c "Mambo No. 9" (fixes 2019-09-11)
« Reply #2596 on: October 07, 2019, 04:45:24 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! Well, I guess that's at least two exploits to fix for next version.

In a future version (maybe not the next one though) I'll probably implement a capacity chargeup system for fleet requests, based on the player economy (like how NPC invasion fleets already work).
'Charge' accumulates, through availability of marines/supplies/ship parts/heavy armaments at colonies (imported, or for greater effect produced locally). Capacity is increased by having military bases and high commands. Requesting a fleet drains the charge based on its size.

What I probably will do for the next version is block transfer of markets without a functioning spaceport (nobody wants such a liability). You broke it, you own it!

Crimson Sky Gaurdian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: October 07, 2019, 07:20:12 AM »

If you're going to be going over fleets, I'd love to be able to request colonisation fleets.

G86Kill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: October 07, 2019, 12:55:43 PM »

Hey guys, quick question. I can't seem to find the Prism port in my game, its possible that I haven't enabled it. I would really prefer not to start a new game as i've made a lot of progress! Is there a command I can use to spawn the port?

Crimson Sky Gaurdian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: October 07, 2019, 01:24:51 PM »

Hey guys, quick question. I can't seem to find the Prism port in my game, its possible that I haven't enabled it. I would really prefer not to start a new game as i've made a lot of progress! Is there a command I can use to spawn the port?
Turn off the starscape on the hyperspace map, as it'll cover the freeport's icon.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2600 on: October 07, 2019, 04:45:01 PM »

If you have SCY installed, Prism Freeport spawns in their home system of Acherons Domain, otherwise it should just spawn somewhere in hyperspace. If you look at the planet list and sort by name, you might find it there.

G86Kill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: October 08, 2019, 03:23:30 AM »

If you have SCY installed, Prism Freeport spawns in their home system of Acherons Domain, otherwise it should just spawn somewhere in hyperspace. If you look at the planet list and sort by name, you might find it there.

Ah, that must be it. I have SCY installed, I think I've been in that system once very briefly. I was looking for it for ages around the core systems for 30 minutes last night!

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: October 08, 2019, 08:14:35 AM »

If you don't have scy nations, then the Prism Freeport always floats around hyperspace near Askonia. Just travel dead center of Askonia in hyperspace then fly around; you will find it.

ZeCaptain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2603 on: October 08, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »

Nex is fun! Especially when comissioned as pirates because everyone just sees free real-estate.

cheeseimperium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: October 08, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »

First im really loving the mod. But im having some real problems with faction relationships. Twice ive had a faction go from plus +30+40 friendly to negative 50 shoot-on-site without any idea why.
The first time I was on a survey mission in the outer systems, when I left Tri-Tachyon was +20 ish and when I got back to the core they where -50. Thinking it was a bug I reloaded a save and did the survey again, relation didnt change this time.
The second time, much later in the same game (ive got two colonys now) Im chasing a Luddic Path merchant convoy into a Tri-tac/Persean system where I help the Perseans kill the convoy, I get the notification relation improved with Persean Leauge +5 friendly, but when I try to sell the the nearby Tri-tac planet they wont let me. I check the factions tab and Persean League, Tri-Tac, and Sindrian (who are in an alliance) are all -50 hostile. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???? I get that theres some random diplomacy stuff going on but WTF?!? Is there some kind of relationship log I can look at to see who *** off who? Ive been trying to get friendly with these guy all game and to have everything go bad so randomly really sucks.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2605 on: October 08, 2019, 11:01:09 PM »

First im really loving the mod. But im having some real problems with faction relationships. Twice ive had a faction go from plus +30+40 friendly to negative 50 shoot-on-site without any idea why.
The first time I was on a survey mission in the outer systems, when I left Tri-Tachyon was +20 ish and when I got back to the core they where -50. Thinking it was a bug I reloaded a save and did the survey again, relation didnt change this time.
The second time, much later in the same game (ive got two colonys now) Im chasing a Luddic Path merchant convoy into a Tri-tac/Persean system where I help the Perseans kill the convoy, I get the notification relation improved with Persean Leauge +5 friendly, but when I try to sell the the nearby Tri-tac planet they wont let me. I check the factions tab and Persean League, Tri-Tac, and Sindrian (who are in an alliance) are all -50 hostile. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???? I get that theres some random diplomacy stuff going on but WTF?!? Is there some kind of relationship log I can look at to see who *** off who? Ive been trying to get friendly with these guy all game and to have everything go bad so randomly really sucks.

There are several things that might have happened here. The first is one of the most likely: Are you commissioned by another faction or in an alliance? If your allies decide to war with them, they will drag you into it too. Otherwise you might have hit the Persean League ships accidentally too many times when you helped them? Not sure what might have happened otherwise, I would suggest that you might have failed an accepted mission, but since they are timed, you trying again and not getting the rep loss goes against that.

Viking8008

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: October 09, 2019, 10:00:55 AM »

Hi all! Ingame hint suggests to take Heavy Armaments but I have some problems with how to use it or how to have a bonus from them?

cheeseimperium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: October 09, 2019, 10:20:22 AM »

There are several things that might have happened here. The first is one of the most likely: Are you commissioned by another faction or in an alliance? If your allies decide to war with them, they will drag you into it too. Otherwise you might have hit the Persean League ships accidentally too many times when you helped them? Not sure what might have happened otherwise, I would suggest that you might have failed an accepted mission, but since they are timed, you trying again and not getting the rep loss goes against that.

Definitely no commission, but am friendly with the Persean/Tri-tacs enemies but not any formal alliance, just friends. I do remember bumping the Persean ships a couple of times during the fight but I didnt even do any real damage I just ran into them, are they that sensitive? A single bad shot or some bad flying can anger them so much?
So theres no kind of diplomacy log or record in game that i can read to see what happened? Or a mod that adds some kind of history tab?

Szajcore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: October 11, 2019, 06:18:41 PM »

Ok so how do I keep my faction in good standing with everyone else? It just seems I have random diplomacy issues with everyone and I have yet to interact with any of them other than gunning down pirates in which I don't care about. How do I stop the relationship drain and how do I improve it without the use of agents?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #2609 on: October 11, 2019, 08:47:52 PM »

Ok so how do I keep my faction in good standing with everyone else? It just seems I have random diplomacy issues with everyone and I have yet to interact with any of them other than gunning down pirates in which I don't care about. How do I stop the relationship drain and how do I improve it without the use of agents?
- Intel screen -> "Dipl. profiles" to see if they want to raise or lower rep with you, and what you can do to affect it.
(This only affects diplomacy events executed by the faction's diplomacy AI, not the random events which can go either way)

- High Value Prisoners can be used to raise reputation (Special options menu when docked at the target market). AI cores from vanilla also work.

- If you're really having trouble, open Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json and set followersDiplomacy to false.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 183