Fractal Softworks Forum
June 24, 2018, 02:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Pirate Bases, Raids, and Objectives (06/12/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3e "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-03-17)  (Read 496633 times)
Snrasha
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: May 25, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »

How do I (if possible) turn off Nexerelin’s version checker? The pc it’s installed in has internet access but it’s limited. Starsector’s main website and these forums currently not accessible to it. So whenever load up a save or start a game; it endlessly  looping “Failed to retrieve mod update info! Check Starsector log for details.”. And it is killing my frame rate. Is there a way to end the loop or take out or remove version checker without messing with mod?

(Typing this with my phone so please bare with me and my grammar XD)

This is not better to report the problem on version checker directly? :x

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add Unique mission bounty on independant market/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Artefact
Two weird faction.

Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.
CloneSarge
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 25, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »

Oh I ok I’ll do that. Sorry for the mini wall of text.
Morbo513
Commander

View Profile Email
« Reply #1712 on: May 29, 2018, 12:54:37 PM »

What are the chances of implementing a SS+ style "Soft" fleet-size cap? I'm really discouraged from playing pirate or scavenger if I can't have a numerically superior ball of junk
Kulverstukass
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 29, 2018, 05:40:43 PM »

What are the chances of implementing a SS+ style "Soft" fleet-size cap? I'm really discouraged from playing pirate or scavenger if I can't have a numerically superior ball of junk
Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json
is your new friend
look for
maxShipsInFleet
maxBattleSize
and adjust them for your liking; you may also be interested in
officerAIMax
baseNumOfficers
King Alfonzo
Captain

"the way you work is beyond bizarre"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1714 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:32 PM »

Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json
is your new friend

This isn't what Stukas is asking for. Back in 0.7.2 you could go over the cap, but there was a corresponding increase in overall supply cost for every ship over. So you could have a giant horde of cheap ships (and get away with it because they were cheap), but it was incredibly difficult to get overlarge expensive fleets.

Shuka
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #1715 on: May 30, 2018, 02:59:39 PM »

The soft cap thing is kind of neat. Sometimes I want to just add a ton of ships so that I can field an equal number of ships as my opponent in battle. For instance I'm pretty sure the larger fleet is allowed to field a larger proportion of ships, but it gets really frustrating if my opponent can field 2 capitals + a little support and I can only field a cap and a cruiser.

Morbo's answer while not 100% a perfect solution, is easily doable.
Regularity
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 04, 2018, 08:37:37 AM »

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but concerning agents:

Agent prices seem to drop almost universally, as the game progresses. I suspect it's because they're a commodity but have no demand? There should probably be sufficient demand to make their cost increase over time (up to a certain cap), to offset higher income/wealth the player will have as they progress to better ships and more territory.

Also, when trading, it seems pointless to trade on open markets (with tariffs) anymore. It's far more effective to only sell on the black market, and use a fraction of that 18% tariff you saved to buy agents and repair what little damage you did to your reputation. This isn't helped by the negligible rep hit you get for black market trading (-1 to -3), or the "suspicions of black market trading" (-5) modifier you get while scanned after trading. The latter is a flat -5 regardless of credits earned, meaning you could have made enough credits for a thousand agents and still only get hit with a -5 rep penalty.
RinandTonic
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 09, 2018, 06:45:26 AM »

Hey! I love this mod, I think it's pretty much the essential way to play the game seeing as how it adds ways to actually fight for your faction and capture planets, making the endgame much more interesting. I know it's pretty much packaged as being critical and therefore might not get much praise, but it adds so much life to the universe that vanilla doesn't have.

I do have ooooooone pretty simple suggestion though, it'd be really great if you could name your faction. I haven't been very tempted to start my own faction simply because "Followers" feels like kind of a placeholder? It seems like an easy fix but maybe it's not in which case I totally get it.
Also, another interesting feature for starting one's own faction would be to adjust the what other faction's ships you see on your faction's planets (e.g. if you want Tri-Tach ships without joining Tri-Tach to act as a splinter group for lore reasons or to act a scrapyard faction you have all pirate ships or something).
Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #1718 on: June 09, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »

I do have ooooooone pretty simple suggestion though
i'd also like being able to customize both name and faction ship usage, but putting the work into implementing these in Nexerelin now is probably kinda wasted, because the next vanilla release will actually have both of these features! :]

real faction warfare likely won't make it into that release (and no one really knows yet just how it will look when -- or even for certain if -- it does in the future), but creating and customizing your own faction in various ways will not just be part of the vanilla game itself already, but also more detailed/interesting than any modded solution now would be.

if you haven't already, you can read more about this stuff in these dev blog posts: Colony Management and Blueprints, Doctrine, and Production.
xenoargh
Admiral

Not a super-villain in real life.

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 21, 2018, 02:32:20 AM »

Just wanted to note the EZ Faction has been patched for full Nexerelin compatibility, but the fixed build is not yet available to the public yet. 

Sorry, the issues with it not working properly with Random Gen at game-start were quite easily fixed but I'm getting some other things done before I release the mod pack again.

Check out my SS projects Smiley
Fregrant
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 22, 2018, 12:37:18 AM »

Battlestations have speed 30? It should not be as fast as a battleship.

Also, when trading, it seems pointless to trade on open markets (with tariffs) anymore. It's far more effective to only sell on the black market, and use a fraction of that 18% tariff you saved to buy agents and repair what little damage you did to your reputation. This isn't helped by the negligible rep hit you get for black market trading (-1 to -3), or the "suspicions of black market trading" (-5) modifier you get while scanned after trading. The latter is a flat -5 regardless of credits earned, meaning you could have made enough credits for a thousand agents and still only get hit with a -5 rep penalty.
Yep. And shielded cargo holds are useless.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:40:38 AM by Fregrant » Logged
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1721 on: June 22, 2018, 03:46:08 AM »

Without checking, I'm guessing the 30 speed is copied directly from vanilla's placeholder station. Since stations can't actually move in battle the value isn't actually used.

The lack of any real penalty for black market smuggling is a vanilla thing (and indeed, Nex makes open market better with its lower tariff), but I guess vanilla doesn't provide easy tools to reverse the relationship loss either. I might figure out how to handle this, but I think I'll wait to see what 0.9 does with the economy first.

Anyway, thanks for feedback!

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115]
  Print  

Jump to: