Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014734 times)

Huginn

• Ensign
    • View Profile

after updating 4 mods at the same time, the game stopped functioning properly and crashes when i try start a game.

- Save Transfer 1.9.1.7
- GraphicsLib 1.0.1.7
- Neutrino Corp 1.83-RC3.6
- Nexerelin_0.7.5

I identified that the crash came from Nexerelin by turning it off and restarting the game. But when i started the game without Nexerelin, the game started fine and lasted about 20 seconds, showing the same crash again.

Crash:

Fatal: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.Q] with id [mobile_headquarters] not found

Check starsector.log for more info.

I have no idea what to do.

Mobile Headquarters is a hullmod from SS+ that was removed in the new Ship/Weapons Pack. The only way I can see this crash occurring is playing New Galactic Order without SS+, as NGO references the hullmod.

Ah, that fixed everything. Thank you!

lemski07

• Ensign
    • View Profile

hey guys do you know how to disable alliances? making it free for all for factions?

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile

hey guys do you know how to disable alliances? making it free for all for factions?

I think you'll either have to disable it through a file settings, or use the Console Commands and manually set all the factions relations with each other to neutral (tediously long, and it works by plus/minus so you'll have to keep track of how many points are present).
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile

I've tried looking for the answer to my question, but couldn't find it.

The question is, 'How do I name my faction?'

Also, 'If I started off in a faction, can I set up my own faction if I leave that faction itself?'

Thanks ahead for taking your time to answer this!
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

lemski07

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I think you'll either have to disable it through a file settings, or use the Console Commands and manually set all the factions relations with each other to neutral (tediously long, and it works by plus/minus so you'll have to keep track of how many points are present).

do you know what's the file name?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

There isn't an easy toggle for alliances at present. Though if you make everyone vengeful to everyone else with a simple for loop (use Console Command's runcode), they won't be forming alliances for a long time at least.

LeaveAlliance <faction> also allows forcible dissolution of any alliances that form.

The question is, 'How do I name my faction?'
See here for changing the followers ("your") faction

Also, 'If I started off in a faction, can I set up my own faction if I leave that faction itself?'
The followers faction is considered yours (e.g. you conquer planets for it) any time you're not in another faction.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Is it possible to buy top tier military ships/weapons from allied factions' military market?
I'm not quite seeing them as "alliance" if they aren't selling me any goods.
Also, it's odd claiming certain faction victorious than claiming entire alliance winning.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile

So I just had a Cabal dude tell me that "[their] base is at .". Are Starlight Cabal things kinda broken or could it be due to another mod?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

It just spits out an empty string?  Huh.

Try visiting every Tri-Tachyon world - do any of them have a Cabal market?  If not, Nex has a problem.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile

Will do.

Oh, I also ran into this utterly bizarre one-off crash while creating a fresh Tri-Tach file for testing since my other playthrough doesn't have Tri-Tach spawned:

Code
656270 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DynaSector,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Bushi,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Hiigaran Descendants,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\JP_RC_255,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Kadur Theocracy,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mi,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Neutrino corp,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\pbc,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ship and Weapon Pack,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mayorate,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Underworld,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ssp/backgrounds/ssp_arcade.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DynaSector,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Bushi,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Combat Chatter,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Hiigaran Descendants,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\JP_RC_255,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Kadur Theocracy,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mi,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Neutrino corp,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\pbc,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Ship and Weapon Pack,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\mayorate,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TwigLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Underworld,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.util.ReplaceableSprite.update(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BackgroundAndStars.renderBG(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.renderBG(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.renderBG(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It's not related if I'm reading it right (looks like it tried to find some SSP Arcade related thing in DynaSector's files), but still figured I should mention it. Will update about Cabal stuff in a bit.

E: Alright, looks like Cabal stuff works right on the Tri-Tach save, or at least I think it does since the exchange is showing up. It might have just been because the other save didn't have any Tri-Tach stations.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:29:18 PM by NightfallGemini »

saqib126

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there a way to get allies to sell top-tier gear to you? thx.

samsaq

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Omnifactory always off.

You have the patient of a saint my man.
Loving the mod so far. Nexerelin + SS+ and of course all the faction mods (Blackrock, Scy, Shadowyards, Imperium, Knight's ***, Junk Pirates and Neutrino) is heaven. Or hell, depending on the perspective.

Here's a SS from my current fleet (not shown are 25 wings of assorted fighters and bombers)

I'm yet to tackle the Templar BB fleet.

I'm still in my initial play through of nexrelin so consider this a newbie question:
How in the world did you get that fleet? A million years of grinding? Spamming agents and blowing stuff up? Having 1000 marines? All of those hax you have hidden somewhere?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Is it possible to buy top tier military ships/weapons from allied factions' military market?
I'm not quite seeing them as "alliance" if they aren't selling me any goods.
Is there a way to get allies to sell top-tier gear to you? thx.
Use DynaSector, or see this post

Also, it's odd claiming certain faction victorious than claiming entire alliance winning.

Yeah, that's a leftover from before formal alliances existed (it counts as "ally" if relationship is friendly or better).
I could require a formal alliance, but that might make games take too long to finish up (can't just drop a bunch of prisoners on any remaining factions and be done with it).

saqib126

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.4e "Head Start" (more fixes 2016-04-09)
« Reply #1063 on: April 29, 2016, 08:34:50 PM »

By the way, how can I make it so that being part of an alliance allows me to buy without a commission from other factions in the alliance?
Use SS+
OR
Nexerelin/data/campaign/submarkets.csv: uncomment #generic_military (this will lose SS+ functionality for the military submarket if the mod is on)
I am using SS+, mods i`m using are (SS+, Nexrelin, Shaderlib, lazylib, twiglib, the faction mods associated with SS+, and quality of life mods like target leading pip and simulator overhaul.)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re:[0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.5b "Planet Buster" (warmfix 2016-04-30)
« Reply #1064 on: April 29, 2016, 09:41:50 PM »

Some fixes. May have erratic behaviour with SS+, please report bugs.

Note! If you're still playing with Starsector Plus 3.4.0, it's probably better to skip this update and stick with Nexerelin 0.7.5 for a while.

Changelog
Code
v0.7.5b
* Better conquest mission availability
    * Upon creation, place on all markets hostile to the target and suspicious or better to the issuer (not just the issuer's markets)
    * Remove mission if issuer is no longer hostile to target
    * Unlist from market if the market is no longer hostile to target, or becomes inhospitable or worse to the issuer
* Compatibility with future SS+ versions
    * Note: Any SS+ version older than 3.4.0 is no longer supported! Even 3.4.0 loses some minor functionality
* Sabotage reserve fleet: effect on security level 0.25 -> 0.4
* Sector gen: remove mandatory asteroid belts; only 50% chance of Lagrange asteroids for gas giants
* Fix background image crash when using Ship/Weapon Pack

By the way, how can I make it so that being part of an alliance allows me to buy without a commission from other factions in the alliance?
Use SS+
OR
Nexerelin/data/campaign/submarkets.csv: uncomment #generic_military (this will lose SS+ functionality for the military submarket if the mod is on)
I am using SS+, mods i`m using are (SS+, Nexrelin, Shaderlib, lazylib, twiglib, the faction mods associated with SS+, and quality of life mods like target leading pip and simulator overhaul.)
You're visiting their military markets, correct? (You still need to have good relations with them to access better equipment, alliance just waives the commission requirement)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:41:32 AM by Histidine »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 396