Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014590 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.4e "Head Start" (more fixes 2016-04-09)
« Reply #1035 on: April 16, 2016, 06:40:19 PM »

By the way, how can I make it so that being part of an alliance allows me to buy without a commission from other factions in the alliance?
Use SS+
OR
Nexerelin/data/campaign/submarkets.csv: uncomment #generic_military (this will lose SS+ functionality for the military submarket if the mod is on)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 16, 2016, 07:41:13 PM »

By the way, how can I make it so that being part of an alliance allows me to buy without a commission from other factions in the alliance?
Use SS+
OR
Nexerelin/data/campaign/submarkets.csv: uncomment #generic_military (this will lose SS+ functionality for the military submarket if the mod is on)

Thanks.

Black Crag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 17, 2016, 06:51:18 AM »

I have a question that has been anwsered somewhere on this thread or on some other mod but i cant find it. Is is possible to rename the followers faction and change picture and also make it show up on the faction list like any other faction? Like nemo did.  :o  ???

EDIT: Fixed a few typos
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:53:08 AM by Arikaj »

Drglord

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.4d "Head Start" (compat. + fixes 2016-04-03)
« Reply #1038 on: April 17, 2016, 11:11:31 AM »

Could you... not disable Prism in Corvus mode? The SCY version is extremely not-good. I hadn't even realised it existed until you pointed it out in the patch notes =_=

Yeah i really want to option to bring back the prism in the center of Corvus.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 21, 2016, 01:48:28 PM »

What is up with Barad A?

I keep noticing that whenever I'd start a new Corvus mode game and started hunting down pirates in the system, Barad A would eventually start pumping out giant patrol fleets at an ridiculously fast rate, resulting in the system getting overrun by the pirates before the starting Jangala bounty event ends proper.

Case in point, I've started one such game and immediaetly proceeded to capture both of the Barad's moons. Alongside with raking in obscene amounts of bounty cash, below are depictions of all the fleets that spawned from Barad A barely an ingame week from capture:

Spoiler

[close]

Also, what is even more damning to me is how I've conquered Barad B before Barad A, and all that got out of the former was a measly patrol consisting of two D-Lashers, two D-Wolves and a Brawler.

Also, not depicted: The former has level 7 officers in its fleet, while the latter levels 14-17-ish in theirs.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 21, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »

What is up with Barad A?
Also, what is even more damning to me is how I've conquered Barad B before Barad A, and all that got out of the former was a measly patrol consisting of two D-Lashers, two D-Wolves and a Brawler.

I think it's because there's a third market, Secret Pirate Base, that you get once you've captured both Barad A and B. So when you capture Barad A / B, you only capture one market, and it behaves as such. When you capture both A and B, you get the secret base as well, possibly causing such a huge influx of patrols. Additionally, I know one of the Barads is size 2, and the other size 3, and I believe the secret base is size 3 as well.

I don't actually know though, it's just a shot in the dark.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 21, 2016, 08:23:31 PM »

What is up with Barad A?

I keep noticing that whenever I'd start a new Corvus mode game and started hunting down pirates in the system, Barad A would eventually start pumping out giant patrol fleets at an ridiculously fast rate, resulting in the system getting overrun by the pirates before the starting Jangala bounty event ends proper.

Case in point, I've started one such game and immediaetly proceeded to capture both of the Barad's moons. Alongside with raking in obscene amounts of bounty cash, below are depictions of all the fleets that spawned from Barad A barely an ingame week from capture:

Spoiler

[close]

Also, not depicted: The former has level 7 officers in its fleet, while the latter levels 14-17-ish in theirs.

How did you manage to conquer those markets so early in game, can you elaborate a bit more? I'm interested in trying it out myself.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 22, 2016, 07:23:07 AM »

How did you manage to conquer those markets so early in game, can you elaborate a bit more? I'm interested in trying it out myself.

Starting skills: Ordnance Expertise 10, Damage Control 5 (Or Evasive Action 5), Helmanship 10, Power Grid Modulation 10.

Bought 90 marines and a Mercury shuttle from Jangala, you could buy way less but it doesn't matter since it's your only expense atm (and you start w/ 250k credits).

You should only encounter the response fleets when attempting to capture the markets, though that shouldn't be a worry since you will be hopelessly outnumbered anyway - and yes, you can slug these out before your CR timer runs down w/o Hardened Subsystems.

Deploy the Eagle only, and hold postition. When the enemy starts pouring in, backpedal to the edge of the battlespace (take care not to retreat from the battle itself, and make sure you start pulling back before you get swarmed).

(Ideally, retreat to a corner of the map, but I've just reversed straight to the bottom and it worked for me. Pirates are very weak after all.)

This should severely limit the number of enemies that attack you at once, thus making it easier to slug it out. Just don't forget to prioritize fighters and bombers i.e. you should always take them down before they have a chance to unload their ordnance. If you have Evasive Action 5 and a Reaper salvo is underway you can easily fire up Maneuvering Jets, dodge two and soak up/shoot down the last one.

After this I've also captured Jameson Orbital from the JP/ASP/PACK mod, so I can have proper military fleets. Currently bounty hunting and trying to decide which faction I should join.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:25:46 AM by SpacePoliticianAndaZealot »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.5 "Planet Buster" (update + compat. 2016-04-24)
« Reply #1043 on: April 23, 2016, 09:30:13 PM »

Compatibility with the SS+ descendant mods, and a new feature:
Spoiler
[close]

Changelog
Code
v0.7.5
* Compatibility with DynaSector, Ship/Weapon Pack, Underworld
    * Backward compatibility with SS+ 3.4.0 maintained, but any future releases of SS+ will likely have irregular behavior if the descendant mods are not also present
* II's Olympus-T and Olympus-X can be used on markets to inflict major stability damage and destroy commodity stockpiles
    * This will cause relationship penalties with any factions not at war with the target
* Agents, saboteurs and prisoners cannot be used on Templars
* Own faction/free start starting frigate is Centurion instead of Monitor
* Hammer-class Torpedoes can be used for mining
* Cabal submarkets more common
* Invasions destroy some commodity stockpiles
* Military bases make more marines, fewer agents/saboteurs
* Reduce chance of markets picking military base as special condition
* Increase agent/saboteur decay (0.5 -> 0.8)
* Supply workshop makes fewer hand weapons
* Fix Prism Freeport selling some ships it shouldn't
* Fix start ship selection for Artefact (noir)
* Fix invasion fleet event icon in Intel screen list, tweak text
* Change faction elimination, respawn messages
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:41:15 PM by Histidine »

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile

Will you be integrating any of the campaign changes from the now-defunct SS+?

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile

Oh my!
(insert obligatory "i've become death, etc, etc" here)

Should i assume that at a later date the MIRV version will become a "sabotage defense fleet" on steroids?
On the left half of the Bell curve

Huginn

• Ensign
    • View Profile

after updating 4 mods at the same time, the game stopped functioning properly and crashes when i try start a game.

- Save Transfer 1.9.1.7
- GraphicsLib 1.0.1.7
- Neutrino Corp 1.83-RC3.6
- Nexerelin_0.7.5

I identified that the crash came from Nexerelin by turning it off and restarting the game. But when i started the game without Nexerelin, the game started fine and lasted about 20 seconds, showing the same crash again.

Crash:

Fatal: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.Q] with id [mobile_headquarters] not found

Check starsector.log for more info.

I have no idea what to do.

BuckCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You didn't delete the old folder. Reinstall the mod and it will work.

Huginn

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You didn't delete the old folder. Reinstall the mod and it will work.

I did delete the old folder. And i deleted the one now again, reinstalled it, put it in the mod folder and still doesnt work.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Will you be integrating any of the campaign changes from the now-defunct SS+?
Probably not, it's outside the purview of Nexerelin. It would make more sense to release a new version of the slimmed-down SS+.

Should i assume that at a later date the MIRV version will become a "sabotage defense fleet" on steroids?
It already works that way, just fire it in combat with the defense fleet.

... ;D

after updating 4 mods at the same time, the game stopped functioning properly and crashes when i try start a game.

- Save Transfer 1.9.1.7
- GraphicsLib 1.0.1.7
- Neutrino Corp 1.83-RC3.6
- Nexerelin_0.7.5

I identified that the crash came from Nexerelin by turning it off and restarting the game. But when i started the game without Nexerelin, the game started fine and lasted about 20 seconds, showing the same crash again.

Crash:

Fatal: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.Q] with id [mobile_headquarters] not found

Check starsector.log for more info.

I have no idea what to do.

Mobile Headquarters is a hullmod from SS+ that was removed in the new Ship/Weapons Pack. The only way I can see this crash occurring is playing New Galactic Order without SS+, as NGO references the hullmod.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:10:04 AM by Histidine »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 396