Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Fatal error: null, Yes i know this is a common post but please help anyway.  (Read 4002 times)

Cherio11

• Ensign
    • View Profile

After trying to start Starsector with the mod "Ironclads" (It should be the top post at the "mods" part of the forum)
It stated "fatal error: null check starsector log for details"

Here is the log part wich i think crashed the game;
6875 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.scripts.world.SectorGen] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
6913 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.setHullSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ö00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
6996 [Thread-8] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.

So yeah. Of helpings plox. I have no idea what this means except it maybe having something to do with Java, the game runs fine and stable with the mod disabled, but as soon as i check the box and start it shows the loading screen and crashes. I am very certain that i installed it directly, copied the folder and pasted it in the mod folder. I did the hotfix patch thingy that came with the mod which should have made it compatible with the current version of starsector which i am using right now.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Touched any ship variant files recently?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

This should go in the ironclads thread, not bug reports.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile

What version of Ironclads was this/what version of StarSector are you running? If it was 8.6 from the front page post, did you unpack the hotfix? (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=431.msg155101#msg155101).

Otherwise, you can try the slightly more recent version that Okim posted, but contained some work in progress (some random errors appear at all planets, but does not affect gameplay)
http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/Sector/ironclads8.7.zip

Cherio11

• Ensign
    • View Profile

No, if i did it was accidental. But i cant recall even being in the folder.
Thanks for the reply.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile

No, if i did it was accidental. But i cant recall even being in the folder.
Thanks for the reply.

Clear all your log files. Start the game with the mod, no audio. Let it crash.

Compress the log file and post it on the forum. There might be something further up in the log file worth looking at.

Something else maybe to list all your mod files and list them by days modified to get an idea of the last ones changed.