Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stargate Mod  (Read 15270 times)

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate Mod
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 08:14:24 AM »

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=375.0

Of course and here's a link to trylobots ship editor. There's a tutorial on here somewhere too.

I made weapon turrets hidden due to the size of the ships which I'll send you if you can mail me your email address.
And had limited success with projectiles and such but some are similar to in the program.

Doci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 02:53:20 AM »

ty for the link :)

luckily I had great succes in the past with the projectiles.
It was always my favourite thing to do :D

"Hallowed are the Ori"

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »

I made a drone sprite but could never get it to be fired from my drone launcher.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 06:34:40 AM »

A short highlight from my mod.
Railguns are now based off HeavyMG
Also F-302's and Dart's are now a ship system  since I couldn't get them into the game as fighter wings.

Doci

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 04:51:42 AM »

Nice one :D
"Hallowed are the Ori"

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 08:50:52 AM »

Working on the Destiny at the moment, I was just wondering if it is possible to have the reverse thrusters light up when you press to move backwards. And how difficult it it to have a 3 barrel gun fire a 3 round burst with 1 from each barrel??

Thanks in advance.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 10:20:53 AM »

A short highlight from my mod.
Railguns are now based off HeavyMG
Also F-302's and Dart's are now a ship system  since I couldn't get them into the game as fighter wings.

Cool!  Obviously this is before you start balancing numbers, but do you have any ideas on how the ships will play?  If you're doing the Daedalus-class before they get the Asgard beam weapon upgrade, then it would be interesting for them to have mostly long-range, burst fire 'machine guns' (the railgun batteries from the show) that deal low damage, but that can build up shield pressure over time if they aren't swatting missiles, with a strong missile system they can follow up with opportunistically if someone is forced to lower their shields.  Reminds me of the Shredder MG from Blackrock Drive Yards, actually.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 10:46:48 AM »

At the moment the asgard plasma beams are a stretched projectile because i couldn't quite figure out how to do a short beam. Tried experimenting with the high intensity laser since it already had the colour but couldn't get a set duration. And it can't be aimed at the moment. Also the railguns are modelled off the heavy machine gun so that they will intercept and they are brilliant on autofire with the player ready on the nukes. And they can launch quickly like on the SGA episode where they go after the 2 hives on their way to earth. Railguns should build up over time but I have only tested them against vanilla ships and a wraith cruiser which doesnt have shields.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 06:33:30 AM »

Small demo version. Has working x-303/bc-304/ori mothership/wraith cruiser/aurora class battleship/ancient cruiser.
Some missions for you to test although the ori one may have lag because of the amount of wreckage by the end.
All feedback is welcome, Theres still a lot to do yet.

It still has battlestar ships in it because I used Rushyo's mod as a base for adding ships and bits and he was alright with it. They will be gone in a future version once I have enough in it.

Have fun   :)

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »

Does anyone have any good screen capture programs to suggest. I used to use Raptr but it isn't recording anymore and I don't know why. Then I tried Movavi but it doesn't capture Starsector. It captures whatever is beneath that.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 05:35:01 AM »

Does anyone have any good screen capture programs to suggest. I used to use Raptr but it isn't recording anymore and I don't know why. Then I tried Movavi but it doesn't capture Starsector. It captures whatever is beneath that.
MSI afterburner can record video pretty decently

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »

I'll have to look at that when I got time. Raptr uses plays.tv but now when I start playing it automatically turns off the screen capture so I downloaded plays.tv and am using their own program.

Also here's my destiny sprite I'm using in game. Still needs a lot of work but I have the main shape and weapon locations. Needs more detail, the engines sorting out, weapon turret sprites, minor adjustments to weapon data and ship data for most ships.

Video link to a testing video: Destiny VS 3 Vanilla ships.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYXra3zQFms&feature=youtu.be

[attachment deleted by admin]

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 07:40:33 AM »

I haven't had chance to do much recently but would anyone be willing to help me. I was hoping to make a shield hullmod or system for my Aurora class ship that contours around the ship rather than being a big bubble. but I am not a very good coder, At best I can edit things in and out. It would need to be hit before the ship. I'm not sure how to do it but if anyone can help get one working then I can edit it so it fits as I'm planning on redoing my aurora sprite anyway.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 03:35:49 AM »

Just wondering do we need .VERSION files? if so what is the thread id and how do I find one. Same with JAR files. Seen a couple of those in modern mods. Need help setting one up for 0.7.1 if anyone can help me in there spare time.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 04:35:50 AM »

You don't need either of those.

Pages: 1 [2] 3