Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Commodity/Item mod?  (Read 2971 times)

Baler Noban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Commodity/Item mod?
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:48:34 PM »

I did some looking before posting this message and could not find exactly what I had imagined. There are lots of mods for ships and ship related activities, but... I enjoy trading and have not found a mod that simply adds items to haul/trade.

Are there any mod(s) that add commodities or items to the game simply for trading?

If i missed thread(s) related to my question I apologize & Thank you for taking time to read this post.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Commodity/Item mod?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:15:08 PM »

You can download Project Ironclads and use it as a sample: there are some new commodities there.

Baler Noban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »

Ah thank you very much for the advice. I'll have to set some time aside and see what I come up with!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 02:05:30 AM »

Note though that adding a commodity isn`t that simple. You need to edit/create a market condition that is a supplier for that commodity and another one to introduce demand.

While adding commodity stuff (prices, icon, type) is easy - creating a working market condition requires you not only to edit market_conditions.csv file, but to create a JAR file inside which you provide a code for that condition. And this is a complex procedure that requires a certain utility to be used.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 03:45:36 AM »

creating a working market condition requires you not only to edit market_conditions.csv file, but to create a JAR file inside which you provide a code for that condition.
A runtime compile script should be sufficient, actually - I have a couple, which I think I copied from Shadowyards.

(though it seems all the cool kids do put it in the jar these days)

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 05:36:42 AM »

So, I can't just drag a MarketCondition file, like a modified Autofactory condition, out of the Starsector-core Zip and place it in the script folder then?

The cookies are a weird one, okay.