Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You guys remember that Fairy mod?  (Read 4272 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
You guys remember that Fairy mod?
« on: February 17, 2015, 04:52:09 AM »

I've been playing a lot of X3:AP lately and by god, do the Fairy ships look so much like Terran ships. Same white/red trim colourations and very similar design aesthetic.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

It also makes me want the Fairy mod back. :(

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: You guys remember that Fairy mod?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 05:49:54 AM »

I love how this mod gives out contracts to extend your logistics... wants me to expand my fleet much larger than before. :3
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

nb8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 06:37:48 AM »

Yeh very nice mod. I hope someone will change it for 0.65

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »

In the name of full disclosure, that's the XRM mod and many of its Terran ships are reskins of the models from Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, including that Tobusaku-class.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 12:42:03 AM »

Would you prefer an Osaka or Maccana instead? I see resemblance between the Tobusaku and generic Cruiser, namely in the overall profile but there are enough differences that it doesn't look like a reskin. Personally, I'm glad to have more ships in the game in general, not to mention a freaking Terran license to kill all the things. I'm personally a fan of the Kyoto. A destroyer that seems like it should really just be a carrier.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 12:43:35 AM »

The Osaka remodel in the XRM mod with the nacelles turned sideways looks a lot better IMO.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 01:20:05 PM »

Would you prefer an Osaka or Maccana instead? I see resemblance between the Tobusaku and generic Cruiser, namely in the overall profile but there are enough differences that it doesn't look like a reskin. Personally, I'm glad to have more ships in the game in general, not to mention a freaking Terran license to kill all the things. I'm personally a fan of the Kyoto. A destroyer that seems like it should really just be a carrier.

I'm not dissing it, I love seeing Nexus ships get more "screentime." Now if there were a sequel focusing on the Terran-era ships, tha'd be even better. :P I love flying around in my Nagoya; it's the Noah colony Battleship model. The support ship is one of the TL models, the destroyers are frigates, etc.

I seem to recall the Osaka is a model made mainly by mirroring one of the existing capital models, but I don't know where the Maccana and Kyoto come from. Paul pulled together models from pretty much literally across the universe to flesh the mod out and I love it for it. I'm proud of my minor contribution of getting the Home of Light music restored as it had a beautiful unique song in Reunion that was still included with TC/AP but it was accidentally changed out in the universe XML for a generic track in Vanilla. ;D

Apologies for the derail... :-[
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

Wish I had some artistic skill, I'd sprite a couple of these ships. I can see all the ships sorta lining up into starsector sizes, though X capitals would have to be smaller (or X sub-caps bigger). M3-5 as fighter wings, M6s as frigates, heavy M6s as destroyers, M7s as cruisers, M1s/M2s as capitals. Terran ships would probably make nice sprites. Probably not so much with something like a Split ship. Another problem with trying to sprite them is turrets in X are built around a 3d space and some are not even visible. One of my Solaris' guns are directly under the docking bay doors. Plus, X turrets are variable size. 2 guns, 4 guns, 8 guns, 12 guns.. In one mount...