Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Crash on the mission, "Turning the tables"  (Read 1632 times)

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
Crash on the mission, "Turning the tables"
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »

It was really odd. I just completely wiped my old starsector files, including saves and whatnot. Downloaded the new update and decided to try the missions again. I play the first one with no problem, and won easily. I start turning the tables, and the game crashes. I know next to nothing about coding, so I'm not sure what exactly caused it. This was at the end of the logs though. Obviously there we no mods installed as it was a fresh installation.

Code
 - Creating streaming player for music with id [music-miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
816798 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [music-miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
2019833 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading image graphics/backgrounds/background2.jpg into existing tex id 304
2020209 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 200.34 MB of texture data so far
2020210 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/backgrounds/background2.jpg (using cast)
2020232 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 8, FP2: 9, maxFP1: 235, maxFP2: 265
2021370 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [music-battle_ambience_01.ogg]
2021370 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [music-battle_ambience_01.ogg]
2156878 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [music-miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
2156879 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [music-miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
2171306 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading image graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg into existing tex id 304
2171705 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.replaceBackground(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.setDefaultBackground(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.float.load(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.float.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.null.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:46:42 PM by ArkAngel »
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on the mission, "Turning the tables"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »

Hmm, this is really odd. Are you able to reproduce this?

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on the mission, "Turning the tables"
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 06:03:24 AM »

I can't seem to recreate it. Not sure why it would only happen that one time, and not others.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."