Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350617 times)

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.6.0a) Mod - August 5, 2017
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:21 PM »

Can we expect Blue to be a high-powered high-tech faction with expensive ships, with quality over quantity in mind? ;D ;D

"Protonian Technogies, sleek, modern and deadly. Here at PT, we provide our clients with the most state-of-the-art means of blasting your enemy to bits in space. Unlike the inelegant, power-consuming and barbaric Oculian Berserk, you will feel as if you are piloting one of the old Dominion's finest warship back in the day, or maybe even better! Order your ship today, and remember, a dead Oculian is a happy Oculian" - An extract of PT's marketing article from the latest Spaceship Daily.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:01:49 AM by lechibang »
Do it yourself, as people always say.

Lucretius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2017, 12:23:14 AM »

this is one of my favorite mod so far along with the most famous ones on here, there are so much possibilities with the amount of hulls you implemented, cant wait for blue ^^

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2017, 01:10:50 AM »

Thanks for giving the mods support, considering how confused I am seeing myself with this attention.

What is this feeling?

I really appreciate it. :o

Can we expect Blue to be a high-powered high-tech faction with expensive ships, with quality over quantity in mind? ;D ;D

Not in the exact point of specifics, but it should definitely be against the Red's criteria.

"Protonian Technogies, sleek, modern and deadly. Here at PT, we provide our clients with the most state-of-the-art means of blasting your enemy to bits in space. Unlike the inelegant, power-consuming and barbaric Oculian Berserk, you will feel as if you are piloting one of the old Dominion's finest warship back in the day, or maybe even better! Order your ship today, and remember, a dead Oculian is a happy Oculian" - An extract of PT's marketing article from the latest Spaceship Daily.

Actually, I had to recycle of what was left in PT's storyline since the compatibility of its story is too outlandish to be a part of the Persean sector. I basically have no idea how to avoid "spoiling the beans" (I think) on how should PT would handle the Perseans let alone being a large faction in the setting proper.

To put it, Blue is proposed to go under the new banner called the XLU with a different story.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:15:54 AM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »

So, any plans for the mothership yet?
Do it yourself, as people always say.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2017, 05:42:26 AM »

I was under the impression that Red included all required Nexerelin files in its own folder, as instructions for which were provided. I only discovered yesterday that this was not actually done.
(Also the Oculian spawn point was set to the star)

Extract this over the current Oculian folder.

While you're at it, fix Adalie and its station Pax Proper. The former is a size 7 market with the population 6 condition, the latter is for some reason a size 9 market (!!!) with the population 5 condition (and missing its description text).
Just merge them into a single size 7 market, there's no good reason for a planet and its station to be separate markets.

Also, your Version Checker support was not properly implemented. It's missing the data/config/version/version_files.csv file.
(See thread for details)

gun&drink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2018, 07:50:06 AM »

any progress with this? I wasn't that fond to this mod at first (the first time I installed it just to kill that Titan thing ), but the last balance patches and that cycle formation the drones do now makes it a fairly interesting mod. it's just a shame because right now they don't really do much on nexerelin

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
[0.8.1a] Red (0.6.1) and Blue (0.2) Mod - April 7, 2018
« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2018, 01:30:30 AM »

Right. Sorry, I'm a little late.

Hopefully, this version would get the Nexerelin fixed.

Red: Download
Version 0.6.1
Spoiler
   Additions:
      Added Ginette-class destroyer, a well-sized gunboat destroyer that is capable of carrying a large Energy weapon with the least resource footprint of its class.
      Added Betsy-class cruiser, an advanced warship armed multiple frontal weapon systems and a powerful ion-burst engine.
      Added Sabrina-class capital, a powerful deterrent platform equipped with six modular weapon systems.
      Added Kea, Kaina and Katalina, economy flashcannons meant cover sizeable areas with flashes of high-intensity lasers.
      Added Gleam and Glare.
         Gleam, the heavier variant of the Glint that focuses on destroying strikecraft and light warships with precise accuracy and efficiency.
         Glare, a barrage configuration of the Gleam laser cannon. Deals great amount of damage but at a heavy cost of energy.

Changes:
      Atalie System:
         Atalie II market size reduced from 4 to 3.
         Adalie and Pax Proper has been remerged into a single market. (Sorry it took so long.)
         Atalie III-a market size reduced from 5 to 4.
      Weapons:
         All existing Large Energy weapons have their costs reduced:
            Challanger from 3000 to 2200.
            Leia from 3500 to 2500.
            Freya from 6000 to 4500.
            Ruby from 5000 to 3000.
            Vira from 4500 to 2800.
         Pixie credit value reduced from 1500 to 800.
         Fairy credit value reduced from 3000 to 1800.
      Ships:
         Dor series:
            Flux capacitors on all shield emitter modules are reduced by half.
            Doris shield emitter flux dissipation reduced from 150 to 100.
            Dorothy shield emitter flux capacity increased from 2250 to 2500.
            Dorothy shield emitter flux dissipation reduced from 200 to 150.
            Dorontina shield emitter flux dissipation reduced from 250 to 200.
            Dorontina shield emitter flux capacity increased from 3000 to 3500.
         Amina:
            Removed Cancer built-in for 1 free wing slot.

Nexerelin:
      Fixed files that may hindered its behavior.

Misc:
      Version Checker compatibility.
[close]

Blue: Download
Test Re-release
Spoiler
   Rough Description:
      - A once peaceful armada of engineers and explorers, with a pursuit of expansion and knowledge amongst the stars. A compelling campaign that was grown in the Domain for several cycles of the thriving era with a firm relation to their superiors. The old Expanse campaign was a promising feat that go on for centuries. Families worked by the millions to live in the vastness of space with no scarcity, no limitations.

Contributed to the allowance of interstellar travel, massive spaceyards and the growth of humanity that had reached tenfold in its time, sheer bliss and ignorance of growth became a powerful signal to many, portraying its significant contrast to what was of the long lost Luddics on old Earth. The people who had distanced itself from the past for the sake of their own future.

Placing itself as an external component of the Domain, a new state was formed with a distinct interest paving roads outside its pre-existed borders. A Lanestate, shared under the bounds of the gates were colonies live under a single roof. Unforunately for its proximity, the state grew tired of its superiors demands from a faraway capital forcing its enclosure, unbounded by its laws and made their own.

A long forgotten union of colonies dettached from its parent state, further erased by the expanding force of what is now known as the great Collapse. Rumors were called to seal of their gates permanently as it would involve a similar fate with its unregrettably dead homeworld. None of state was heard of since and none was given mention of their existence until their desire to return.

Summary:
      - Midline heavy militarized hulls, with a "Bigger is better" mindset.
      - Great durability, with a lean on resistance against Kinetic weapons.
      - Built for a solid barrage complement and to heavily compete against solo matchups.
      - Egregiously bulky gas-gustlers.
      - Provides an arsenal comprised of ballistic bombardment.

Traits:
      Good:
         - Large amassment of weapon mounts, some have Heavy Ballistics Integration.
         - Very durable.
         - Larger economic capacity.
         - Low deployment costs.
         - Average burn-level with good ship velocity.
      Bad:
         - Bulky and unwieldy hulls, leaving open to fire more easily.
         - Irregular flux economy with Ballistics-favored mounts.
         - Poor shield management.
         - Limited energy and missile weaponry.
         - High crew requirements.
         - High maintenance/repair costs.
         - Poor maneuverability.

[close]

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 01:33:22 AM by Protonus »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (0.6.1) and Blue (0.2) Mod - April 7, 2018
« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2018, 07:16:19 AM »

Oh My God...
Spoiler
[close]
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2018, 09:21:07 AM »

Oh My God...
Spoiler
[close]
You know, I was confused at first. I didn't see anything special. All I saw was an Onslaught and a Dragon.

Then I saw the hangar on the Onslaught. Then I saw the weapons.

I am now downloading this mod. Just for that.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2018, 12:05:59 PM »

Its Juggernaught from "Blue", a evil mutant with some destroyable parts. And also, mod has have a badass Legion with 6 hangars and 4 large weapons.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 07, 2018, 03:14:58 PM »

Both download links have the same file. Only the Reds.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 07, 2018, 07:19:02 PM »

Jeez, I forgot to put up the link in the main page. It's up now.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2018, 01:10:47 AM »

Jeez, I forgot to put up the link in the main page. It's up now.
Haha, cool. ;) Thank you, for both sorting that and creating a great mod! Loved duking it out with the Berks (sometimes losing!), and looking forward to trying out Union, for sure.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 09, 2018, 03:00:26 AM »

One planet moves so quickly that the NPC fleet can't catch up in any way. In Nexerelin it leads to accumulation of a large number of the minning fleets.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 09, 2018, 03:09:24 AM »

It's because I haven't placed the configurations Nexerelin yet. Mining values and faction selection aren't set yet. I'll put it up soon.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23