Fractal Softworks Forum
October 20, 2017, 04:38:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Economy & Outposts (9/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.6.0a) Mod - August 5, 2017  (Read 60075 times)
SierraTangoDelta
Commander

Who could it be?

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »

Where do I put those nexerelin files?
Protonus
Captain

Not necessarily "strong"

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2017, 10:30:57 PM »

Where do I put those nexerelin files?

In the Nexerelin mod folder, the "rules.csv" should be placed at Campaign directory. It should look like this one.

While the "mod_factions.csv" is placed at "config/exerelinFactionConfig" where other once-built-in factions are usually implemented.

I already put up a request for Red to be implemented by the next patch. In the mean time, this is the only way for the faction to be formally available as a Nexerelin faction, although it functions as a regular without it.

I tried putting up a built-in Nexerelin files, but the UI selection box (from the Startup options at the beginning of a game) doesn't seem to allow inputs from Red's own .csv files and instead requires from the host (Nexerelin mod).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:35:51 PM by Protonus » Logged

Join us. We have cookies.
lechibang
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:21 PM »

Can we expect Blue to be a high-powered high-tech faction with expensive ships, with quality over quantity in mind? Grin Grin

"Protonian Technogies, sleek, modern and deadly. Here at PT, we provide our clients with the most state-of-the-art means of blasting your enemy to bits in space. Unlike the inelegant, power-consuming and barbaric Oculian Berserk, you will feel as if you are piloting one of the old Dominion's finest warship back in the day, or maybe even better! Order your ship today, and remember, a dead Oculian is a happy Oculian" - An extract of PT's marketing article from the latest Spaceship Daily.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:01:49 AM by lechibang » Logged

Do it yourself, as people always say.
Lucretius
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2017, 12:23:14 AM »

this is one of my favorite mod so far along with the most famous ones on here, there are so much possibilities with the amount of hulls you implemented, cant wait for blue ^^
Protonus
Captain

Not necessarily "strong"

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2017, 01:10:50 AM »

Thanks for giving the mods support, considering how confused I am seeing myself with this attention.

What is this feeling?

I really appreciate it. Shocked

Can we expect Blue to be a high-powered high-tech faction with expensive ships, with quality over quantity in mind? Grin Grin

Not in the exact point of specifics, but it should definitely be against the Red's criteria.

"Protonian Technogies, sleek, modern and deadly. Here at PT, we provide our clients with the most state-of-the-art means of blasting your enemy to bits in space. Unlike the inelegant, power-consuming and barbaric Oculian Berserk, you will feel as if you are piloting one of the old Dominion's finest warship back in the day, or maybe even better! Order your ship today, and remember, a dead Oculian is a happy Oculian" - An extract of PT's marketing article from the latest Spaceship Daily.

Actually, I had to recycle of what was left in PT's storyline since the compatibility of its story is too outlandish to be a part of the Persean sector. I basically have no idea how to avoid "spoiling the beans" (I think) on how should PT would handle the Perseans let alone being a large faction in the setting proper.

To put it, Blue is proposed to go under the new banner called the XLU with a different story.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 01:15:54 AM by Protonus » Logged

Join us. We have cookies.
lechibang
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »

So, any plans for the mothership yet?

Do it yourself, as people always say.
Histidine
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2017, 05:42:26 AM »

I was under the impression that Red included all required Nexerelin files in its own folder, as instructions for which were provided. I only discovered yesterday that this was not actually done.
(Also the Oculian spawn point was set to the star)

Extract this over the current Oculian folder.

While you're at it, fix Adalie and its station Pax Proper. The former is a size 7 market with the population 6 condition, the latter is for some reason a size 9 market (!!!) with the population 5 condition (and missing its description text).
Just merge them into a single size 7 market, there's no good reason for a planet and its station to be separate markets.

Also, your Version Checker support was not properly implemented. It's missing the data/config/version/version_files.csv file.
(See thread for details)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: