Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350671 times)

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.5.2) Mod
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2017, 12:46:30 AM »

Ok, now that's interesting.

I'm able to fully interact with Oculian Berserkers with the majority of stuff you're able to do.

But, they don't show up in the faction directory in Nexerelin, neither do I see any invasion fleets at all...

That's strange, and interesting.

Is it intended, Sir Protonus?

Done.
Red: Download
Version 0.5.2
Spoiler
   Additions:
      Added Doris-class destroyer, a mobile defense ship that provides an expanded barrier that protects its nearby allies.
      Added Dorothy-class cruiser, a heavier defense ship that provides a larger barrier that protects its allies.
      Added Doruntina-class capital, a defensive warship that provides the largest barrier for its allies.
      Added Tsundere-class destroyer, a fabricated Sunder knockoff that offers greater mobility and better affordability at the cost of even more durability and versatility.
      Added Hue-class frigate, a stolen Phase ship prototype manufactured enmasse at the expense of survivability.
      Added Frida-class frigate, a mono-directional missile boat with the cheapest ordnance capacity to die for.
      Returning Pandora (Parable)-class supercapital, a massive flagship that dictates Oculian victory over its bafflingly powerful enemies.
   Ship Changes:
      Pandora (Returning):
         Name changed from Parable to Pandora.
         Ship system Chimera Drones replaced with Reserved Wings.
         Description changed to accomodate the ship system replacement.
         Added Flagship Specifications hullmod, increasing Sight range and Sensor Profile and Strength.
      Maxim:
         Fleet point cost reduced from 7 to 5.
         Flux capacity increased from 2000 to 3000. Flux Dissipation increased from 180 to 250.
   General Changes:
      Re-entered Nexerelin compatibility.
[close]

The Nexerelin compatibility was removed since the mod was in a long hiatus at a rough 2 years in transition. Some changes are made in the compatibility script which hopefully keeps it stable. As for the Invasion, I cannot create the script for it as of now, since I have barely scratched the surface of coding the game and barely made statistics changes for the ships, although I won't mind learning some of them when I have the time.

Surprisingly, this patch is somewhat smaller than I remember from the previous for no reason.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:49:53 AM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2017, 01:56:46 AM »

Done.
Version 0.5.2
Spoiler
   Additions:
      Added Doris-class destroyer, a mobile defense ship that provides an expanded barrier that protects its nearby allies.
      Added Dorothy-class cruiser, a heavier defense ship that provides a larger barrier that protects its allies.
      Added Doruntina-class capital, a defensive warship that provides the largest barrier for its allies.
      Added Tsundere-class destroyer, a fabricated Sunder knockoff that offers greater mobility and better affordability at the cost of even more durability and versatility.
      Added Hue-class frigate, a stolen Phase ship prototype manufactured enmasse at the expense of survivability.
      Added Frida-class frigate, a mono-directional missile boat with the cheapest ordnance capacity to die for.
      Returning Pandora (Parable)-class supercapital, a massive flagship that dictates Oculian victory over its bafflingly powerful enemies.
   Ship Changes:
      Pandora (Returning):
         Name changed from Parable to Pandora.
         Ship system Chimera Drones replaced with Reserved Wings.
         Description changed to accomodate the ship system replacement.
         Added Flagship Specifications hullmod, increasing Sight range and Sensor Profile and Strength.
      Maxim:
         Fleet point cost reduced from 7 to 5.
         Flux capacity increased from 2000 to 3000. Flux Dissipation increased from 180 to 250.
   General Changes:
      Re-entered Nexerelin compatibility.
[close]

The Nexerelin compatibility was removed since the mod was in a long hiatus at a rough 2 years in transition. Some changes are made in the compatibility script which hopefully keeps it stable. As for the Invasion, I cannot create the script for it as of now, since I have barely scratched the surface of coding the game and barely made statistics changes for the ships, although I won't mind learning some of them when I have the time.

Surprisingly, this patch is somewhat smaller than I remember from the previous for no reason.

COMMIT TSUNDERE IN THE NAME OF THE BERSERKERS.

On a positive note, that name.

(Edit) - Are the Oculians supposed to have a world or two? They don't show up in the faction directory and neither do any planets they're supposed to have.

When I started a new playthrough, they didn't have any planets, which I think is odd. Is that due to them not having a rules.csv (Nexerelin) or this invasion update you mentioned in the post before this one.

The ships are practially alright, I mean they are supposed to swarm so they're pretty fast, have weak armor/hull and kind-of-sub-par-but-not-really weapons.

The Glint, being the go to can help a bit in PD, while the main problem was finding anything other than average swarmer weapons outside of getting a commision (this makes independents hostile)

While the main wings (The Breeze Drones) seemingly squashed by PD made by anyone take up the capacity of the replacement rate, which goes down to 30 very fast, which means the wings are almost undeployable (the smartest move for carriers being that Reserve Deployment).

Strangely, there's a lack of missiles/torpedo's for the Oculians. Aside from the Pixie Torpedo, but other than that, they're restricted to small and large, but I can't find them.

It indeed takes a bit of time to find the correct ships, but I can't for the life of me find an Amina (I feel this ship calls to me in terms of my overall gameplay.)

Overall however, I enjoy the Berserks due to them being easy to replace, but still strong enough to give more than average trouble, thanks to those lovely shields. Now, if only I can find that Amina (I keep thinking it was supposed to be called Anima)...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:11:19 AM by Takion Kasukedo »
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2017, 07:10:17 AM »

Are the Oculians supposed to have a world or two? They don't show up in the faction directory and neither do any planets they're supposed to have.

When I started a new playthrough, they didn't have any planets, which I think is odd. Is that due to them not having a rules.csv (Nexerelin) or this invasion update you mentioned in the post before this one.

In the Vanilla setting, they're supposed to be located right below Hybrasil, hidden in somewhere in Deep Hyperspace.

In Nexerelin, the Red was routinely remove from the Rules since the mod was inactive for nearly 2 years. I've already sent a request to bring it on again.

The ships are practially alright, I mean they are supposed to swarm so they're pretty fast, have weak armor/hull and kind-of-sub-par-but-not-really weapons.

They quite are. With these traits, they are essentially a High-tech pirate faction but enjoys the cheap, very stable technology.

The Glint, being the go to can help a bit in PD, while the main problem was finding anything other than average swarmer weapons outside of getting a commision (this makes independents hostile)

The level of damage output Oculian weapons are focused at sub-par levels but maintains high efficiency to maximize their use on shields. Although I'm planning to implement more small weapons to give both vanilla ships and the Oculians some variety.

While the main wings (The Breeze Drones) seemingly squashed by PD made by anyone take up the capacity of the replacement rate, which goes down to 30 very fast, which means the wings are almost undeployable (the smartest move for carriers being that Reserve Deployment).

There were some rambling from a certain source about the Oculian fighter wings for being too powerful, which resulted to the substantial nerf that was given earlier. If there is enough feedback, I might give the Breezes and some other drones a little notch or two.

Strangely, there's a lack of missiles/torpedo's for the Oculians. Aside from the Pixie Torpedo, but other than that, they're restricted to small and large, but I can't find them.

More missile types are planned for the next patch, usually to fill up the roles for the Shimakaze launcher. More Torpedo variants are noted.

It indeed takes a bit of time to find the correct ships, but I can't for the life of me find an Amina (I feel this ship calls to me in terms of my overall gameplay.)

Now, if only I can find that Amina (I keep thinking it was supposed to be called Anima)...

I do believe I put Amina in there for the sake of future factions that will be using "Anima" as a powerful deterrent. Namely by Tri-Tachyons or some overpowerful ship that uses some special heretic magic to protect itself from attacks.

The other reason for it is being bilingual. In Tagalog "Amin na" means "It's ours/mine".

Overall however, I enjoy the Berserks due to them being easy to replace, but still strong enough to give more than average trouble, thanks to those lovely shields.

Thanks a lot for your personal feedback, and also thanks to EI for putting up a faction like this. The Red has been growing on me for some time, and I think it'll be a waste if I don't give it the love it deserved.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:12:59 AM by Protonus »

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »

Found game-breaking typo in last version:

In data/world/factions/factions.csv "Oculus.faction" must be "oculus.faction"

Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »

About the Breeze Drones/similar fighters/bombers, it's only just the durability as, while understandable, they die a bit fast.

But that's where Reserve Deployment and it's magic comes in.

Reserve Deployment is the bane of all ships that have their armor stripped with anything that has fighter/bomber wings. A constant stream of fighters and bombers arriving to bring ruin to those with insufficient PD.

Also another question.

Are the wings purposefully built in to ensure no differential fighter/bomber are put in (eg; Dagger Torpedo Bomber Wing/Xyphos Support Wing)?

Seems like a smart move on your end, although a faction buff for fighters/bombers would be in order if the built in wings are removed, so that the Praetorian Wings can see use. Also possible OP increase & built-in hull mod for the sweet praetorian wings having very reduced OP usage, compared to wings from other factions (Vanilla or Modded) (eg; Praetorian Breeze wing OP cost reduced by 50 - 80%) so the Carriers can see some use for the weapons, while still having those elites (I may have said too much haha).

Frankly though, it's your call. I'm fine with the carriers and built in wings as is.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.5.2a) Mod
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »

About the Breeze Drones/similar fighters/bombers, it's only just the durability as, while understandable, they die a bit fast.

But that's where Reserve Deployment and it's magic comes in.

Reserve Deployment is the bane of all ships that have their armor stripped with anything that has fighter/bomber wings. A constant stream of fighters and bombers arriving to bring ruin to those with insufficient PD.

I already found out the fighters die a little too fast since the Refit Time is lengthened. This was made to compensate the indispensable utility of being drone fighters as piloted-fighters require a numbered crew that is dependable to the player's economy. Although slight adjustment have been made to make them slightly swarmy in their part.

The Reserve Deployment is, well, reserved to true-ended drone carriers that have less firepower on their own but more on their drone wings. I think this is a good call for them. I may want to put in an improved version of this if it is needed.

Are the wings purposefully built in to ensure no differential fighter/bomber are put in (eg; Dagger Torpedo Bomber Wing/Xyphos Support Wing)?

Seems like a smart move on your end, although a faction buff for fighters/bombers would be in order if the built in wings are removed, so that the Praetorian Wings can see use. Also possible OP increase & built-in hull mod for the sweet praetorian wings having very reduced OP usage, compared to wings from other factions (Vanilla or Modded) (eg; Praetorian Breeze wing OP cost reduced by 50 - 80%) so the Carriers can see some use for the weapons, while still having those elites (I may have said too much haha).

Frankly though, it's your call. I'm fine with the carriers and built in wings as is.

Somehow, you answered your own question partly. Yes, the drones are supposed to be built-in so that the Oculian ships have room to customize their small OP count with OP-efficient weapons.

For the Praetorians built-in wings mostly, however, they are restricted only for the Praetorian carriers, since they are already made with built-in mods to match along with their upgraded counterparts. Their higher OP cost suggests for more powerful carriers to carry them.

Built-in wings are there to keep the ship builds manageable since some may draw too much attention by strapping overly high-OP weapons on few parts of the ships. While I do not have enough knowledge nor the game could support the code anyway, the most of the ships will have to stay with built-in drones.

Found game-breaking typo in last version:

In data/world/factions/factions.csv "Oculus.faction" must be "oculus.faction"

Done.
Version 0.5.2a
Spoiler
   Fixes:
      General typo on Faction.csv
   Wing changes:
      Decreased refit time:
         Breeze refit time reduced from 12 to 10 for standards, 16 to 14 for elites, 22 to 18 for praetorians and 30 to 25 for superelites.
         Cancer refit time reduced from 18 to 16 for standards, 30 to 25 for elites and 38 to 32 for praetorians.
         Kaleido refit time reduced from 24 to 20 for standards and 36 to 30 for elites.
         Tick refit time reduced from 16 to 12 for standards, 20 to 18 for elites and 24 to 20 for praetorians.
   Ship Changes:
      Pandora built-in 2 Breeze H-wings replaced with 2 Elite Breeze H-wings and built-in 2 Cancer H-wings replaced with 2 Elite Cancer wings.
      Doruntina changes:
         Increased Fighter bays from 2(0) to 3(1).
         Increased Ordnance capacity from 120(80) to 135(80).
[close]

If there are any more issues, feel free to tell away. ;D

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2017, 01:47:02 AM »

What's the status, Protonus?

Holding off a new playthrough until Oculians are in play again, while being capable of raiding markets, kind of become semi-dependent on these lovelies, who knows what may be waiting.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2017, 04:25:50 AM »

What's the status, Protonus?

Holding off a new playthrough until Oculians are in play again, while being capable of raiding markets, kind of become semi-dependent on these lovelies, who knows what may be waiting.

Actually, I don't know someone would wait out on this mod, considering this mod was made for the fun of it.

There some stops so far, including the redevelopment of Blue, but there is this little thing that shown off recently.

Spoiler

There was a complaint about an old model being broken by bypassing the carrier slots beyond its standard size, changes were made to compensate the management. I'm currently holding this on rare, unless some would actually want this as an IBB.
[close]

Edit:
Actually, there was one thing that keeps me procrastinated bit too long than I can actually hold on to. He keeps getting in between from working the mod and actual work, it gets annoying sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:51:34 PM by Protonus »

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »

Spoiler

[close]

Prontus....I...I...I LOVE IT! Please have that as the faction guardian of the home planet, Bount mission or something. That would be awesome!
Spoiler

[close]

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.6.0) Mod
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »

Done.

Version 0.6
Spoiler
   Additions:
      Libra-class Missile Carrier Capital has been added. (See old Libra changes below).
      Etna-class Fast Battleship Capital has been added.
      Tuffet-class Missile Destroyer has been added.
      Scone-class Light Destroyer has been added.
      Stork-class Chrono Transport Destroyer has been added.
      Scarabee corvette wing (with Pr) has been added.
      **Returning** Elizabeth-class Mothership Capital has been added to the roster.
      Praetorian Kuria has been deployed.
      Praetorian Tigris has been deployed.
      Praetorian Maxim has been deployed.
      Pixel+ medium Torpedo launcher has been added.
      Shizukesa (Medium) and Shizuka (Small) Shimakaze weapon variants have been added.
      Sazanami and Suzuya MRM weapons have been added.
      Fouette, a dual Pirouette Laser-canister cannon, has been added.
   Changes:
      More enemies variants have been added in the simulation.
      Ship Changes:
         Praetorian Module changes:
            Several economy buffs have been removed.
            Flux capacity and vent buffs reduced from 50% and 25% to 20% and 10% respectively.
            Hull and Armor bonus reduced from x1.5 to 20%.
            Small Energy OP costs are reduced by 1.
            Medium and Large Energy OP costs are reduced by 2/2/3/3.
            Supply use and Supply used for repairs changed from +75% to 1/3/5/8 + 50%.
         Gretel-class (and Pr.) changes:
            Sprites updated.
            Gretel Pr. fleet points reduced from 6 to 5.
         Hue-class frigate fleet points reduced from 5 to 4.
         Tigris-class destroyer sprite updated.
         Nadia-class Capital sprite updated.
         "Old" Libra-class changes:
            Libra-class Capital renamed to Kuria.
            Small turret mount angles adjusted.
            Changed Large-Energy turret to Large-Missile.
         Flagship Specifications changes:
            Renamed to "Oculian Flagship Specifications".
            Sensor and Detection range increased from 20 to 30.
            Sight range bonus reduced from 50% to 20%.
         Elizabeth-class changes:
            The entire ship is split into 6 sections.
         Dorothy and Doruntina secondary shield placements moved closer to center.
      Wing Changes:
         Breeze Changes:
            Basic OP cost reduced from 8 to 5.
            Elite OP cost reduced from 12 to 8.
            Praetorian OP cost reduced from 16 to 12.
            Superelite OP cost reduced from 20 to 15.
         Cancer Changes:
            LPC tier reduced from 1 to 0.
         Tick Changes:
            Basic OP cost reduced from 10 to 6.
            Elite OP cost reduced from 16 to 12.
            Praetorian OP cost reduced from 22 to 18.
         Kaleido Changes:
      Weapon Changes:
         Pixel series changes:
            Pixel Torpedo changes:
               Tier reduced from 1 to 0.
               Cooldown increased from 1 to 10.
            (Old) Pixel Plus Launcher (Large) renamed to Pixel++ Launcher.
            Damage reduced from 900 to 800.
         Pirouette changes:
            Damage per shot reduced from 35 to 30.
            Flux per shot reduced from 55 to 45.
            OP reduced from 3 to 2.
            Price reduced from 300 to 150.
            Corrected a significant typo, missing an "e".
         Ruby EMP damage increased from 80 to 125.
         Challenger tier reduced from 1 to 0.
         Shiredain tier reduced from 2 to 1.
   Fixes:
      Typo on the Oculian Ignis (Pr) description, mistook it for a Gretel.
      Dor-series added with ShipWithModules tag.
[close]

If you guys have any problems, just say the word.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:03:18 PM by Protonus »

Vixor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.6) Mod - August 3, 2017
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »

Hey, looks pretty awesome, especially that intimidating supercapital carrier, but the download link for the new version isn't right, it's going to the older 0.5.2 download instead.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2017, 07:02:42 PM »

Fixed. :o

Hey, looks pretty awesome, especially that intimidating supercapital carrier, but the download link for the new version isn't right, it's going to the older 0.5.2 download instead.

Jojo_195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »

Is it compatible with Nexerelin yet?  ???

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2017, 07:54:28 PM »

It's already set. I'm hoping the next Nex version would have it enabled... and stable in my part.

Jojo_195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »

It's already set. I'm hoping the next Nex version would have it enabled... and stable in my part.

So that means it doesn't work with random mode, right? Can they invade and be invaded on regular mode, though?
I was hoping for a good non-human "alien invader" faction like this to play along with Nex
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23