Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: New Player Here  (Read 1447 times)

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
New Player Here
« on: February 07, 2015, 07:43:14 AM »

Hello,

i played the game at my friends house and i want to say that this little (90mb!) game is one of the best games i've played in the last few months.
What a blast! I love this game and recently i checked out the modding sector here to get a more alive starsector universe with new features like mining and exploring. Unfortunately my pc has a 4gb-ram bottleneck and thats not enough to load the massive scenery of a later savegame. I want to tell the developer of this little masterpiece that i'm completely flashed and hyped about the game and i thank all of you,also the nice modder for the incredible ironclad/starsector+/shaderlib mods for their work!
I wish i could combine the new features of the ironclad mod (mining,exploring..) and its balance with the also amazing stuff of the starsector+ mod *sad face*.

But whatever i will buy this game for myself as soon as possible and also ordered two new 4gb ram moduls only to be able to play this game with mods,holy *** not even skyrim or any other game in the last two years was able to convince me to upgrade my pc! And this 90mb game has a gamedepth i was looking for, i like games with freedom and complex systems, with an world to sink in and to think about my next action (playing iron mode).

TL;DR
I love this game and the guys behind the great mods and i wish that this game develops to a even greater experience and that this game gets more attention, maybe announce it in steam?
I wish you guys/girls only the best!

Ahne

Ordanen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Here
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »

Really short regarding Steam: Alex wants to wait with it until Starsector is more complete, it may happen eventually.