Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sarmis Deep Space Forges [WIP]  (Read 2761 times)

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Sarmis Deep Space Forges [WIP]
« on: January 25, 2015, 12:39:52 PM »

WELCOME COMMANDER

@> hello commander, I have been designated to assist you in this mission
@>
@> please let me present you our current situation
................//[accessing database]+[opening maps]+[compiling current situational data]//..................
@> 0%.................25%................50%..................75%.....................100%
@> incoming comms data burst detected -ship hull or designation unknown-.... please select an answer [yes] [no]
@> -----------opening comm burst data file-------------------

###: If you are receiving this message then we are 200 light years away from your current location.  
        The situation so far is dire.... unknown ships have appeared out of nowhere and started attacking us.
        I have never seen such aggressive and ruthless tactics. Please help us we are only a small people smuggling ship.
        I don't know how much we can last.....  Please.... Help..... Usdwf2ko3j2ojd32o3jkroco2k3........

@>  -----------end of comm burst data file-------------------
@>  this is the 10th report of such hostile activities in the quadrant and we are still counting.
@>  opening eye witchness testimony:

------------------------------------------------testimony--------------------------------------------------------------------
       I was on a Cargo freighter the SS Malone when they appeared. They came straight for us like rabid wolves, neglecting our fire, needless to say that we were struck by fear. The ships were of orange color with glowing red hot engine intakes. There was something aery about their shapes as-well. It seemed like they were derived from industrial craft. The next thing i knew is was in a escape pod with some of my colleagues. Weirdly enough the didn't attack our pods but when one passed us i saw a marking on its side ... a orange S on a black background.
       This is all i know.
        ------------------------------------------------testimony--------------------------------------------------------------------

@>  i have cross referenced this marking with all our databases and found several matches.
@>  we are still unable to determine with certainty to whom those ships belong, but we narrowed it to 3 possible candidates :
       *Sarmis Deep Space Forges     *Samuel Incorporated       *Saduratis Industries
@> we know that the last 2 are still active and we have contacted them, they denied and said that they had no ships in that area.
@> this intell lead us to believe that the first one is responsible for these acts, on a personal note i think that it cant possibly Sarmis do to the fact that they ceased to exist for over 200 cycles.  

@> regardless i will pull up all our info on Sarmis:

---------------------------Sarmis file-------------------------

Name : Sarmis Deep Space Forges
      Motto: " it is in our hands to forge our destiny"
      History: founding date: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  dissolve date: circa 200 cycles ago
                  dissolve reason: unknown
      ...................................Encryption detected...........................
      Attempting decryption: 0%...........25%..............50%.............75%...............decryption failed.
      ---------------------------Sarmis file-------------------------

@> it would seem that someone does not want us to know what happened to Sarmis.
@> session ..... terminating in 20 seconds: 20------15------10------5-----0.
.................//session end//..................
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

................//new session start//.................

@>  commander after monitoring the events in our region for the past months we have found a particular case of interest .
@>  it seems that a Lasher class frigate has had an encounter with an unidentified frigate.
@>  before it was destroyed it managed to broadcats an image of its attacker.
@>  we have no such ship profile in our database, and it had the same MO as the unknown ships that attacked the SS Malone.
@>  here is the image......
Spoiler
[close]
@>  we are currently digging more in the matter but it seems that the ship is a frigate class drone carrier.
@>  it is to presume that the drones are its main source of damage and that the frigate itself is fragile.
@>  this is all for now .....

.................//session end//..................
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
................//session start//.................

@> commander it seems that the Lasher class frigate incident gave us more info then we first anticipated.
@> our scout teams managed to find a wrecked derelict drone in the area of the incident.
@> we are currently extracting date from the wreck but it taking time.
@> apparently the coding for storing data and the os of the drone are some weird versions of industrial grade tech.
@> forwarding analysis images of the drone :......................................
Spoiler
[close]
@> the drone hull serial number lists it as Type: Kunay Mk 3.  
@> as you can see, the drone is equipped with quite the arsenal, a chain-gun, we suspect some sort of plasma blasters and a phase system.
@> we also suspect that the drones are being manufactured on board the frigate in a internal assembly plant, this means that it has to have either a large cargo hold or a designated area for storing only drone parts.  
@> either way this means that it will likely have weak armor and will rely on speed.
............................................................................... .....// comms paused //...................................................................................
@>
@>
@>

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:39:44 AM by biotic »

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: Sarmis Deep Space Forges [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »

Oh this ought to be good.  ;D

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »

Looks more promising that I expect from myself. :3

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 03:38:26 AM »

As a foreword : i will try to post stuff as frequently as i can so stay on the lookout for stuff, i will also frequently change the post to include new info on the faction

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 04:20:25 AM »

Interesting style you got there.... The flag could use a bit of cleanup though.
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

biotic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 02:50:25 AM »

Thanks, but that isn't the flag of the faction, its something more of a logo, i will post the flag and also the icon of the faction in due time.