Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are a Paladin's flux vents of any use?  (Read 6461 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Are a Paladin's flux vents of any use?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 06:06:01 AM »

I wonder who'd win. A Vatican IV, or the mystery Templar battleship?

A Paragon ;)

To be fair, beam Paragons can hand so many other battleship's their molten slag ass on the metaphorical silver platter with such ease....

Cheyney

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 07:20:23 AM »

I'm trying to capture an Archbishop.  Not easy.  It keeps exploding on me.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 09:55:41 AM »

In all my many hours of blowing up Templars, I've seen an Archbishop not explode exactly once. Good luck with capturing one.

Cheyney

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »

I saved at a good time.  I've got an archbishop with just a few wings and low CR ready to be attacked when I load.  I've done the battle maybe 25 times now and it's only not blown up 2 or 3 times.  Haven't had a chance to board.  I'm about to give up.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 05:16:31 PM »

I saved at a good time.  I've got an archbishop with just a few wings and low CR ready to be attacked when I load.  I've done the battle maybe 25 times now and it's only not blown up 2 or 3 times.  Haven't had a chance to board.  I'm about to give up.
If it is about to explode, claim victory
Also, try taking a different route to them like flying around a bit and then attack
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cheyney

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »

Really!?  Claiming victory before it explodes will work?  I'll try that.  I did learn that attempting to flee allows me to have a go at it much quicker.  I had one chance to board finally but it didn't work.  I used 600 elite crew in the process and I have the additional %100 chance to succeed but it still didn't work.  Anyone have any ideas on how to be more successful at that?  Also, how likely is it that a cathedral class will spawn?  I've been blowing up Lud armadas but cathedrals never seem to show up.  Thanks peeps.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:37 PM »

if I remember correctly, DR increased the amount of people needed to capture. If you used 600 marines, it should work but I'm not certain
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »

When capturing Templars I use marines, three times as many as there are enemy crew and it seems to always be enough. That's with hard docking and without the +100% bonus.

Cheyney

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »

Thanks.  I'll get some more marines.

Spenz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 03:43:01 PM »

The Paladin is a far better straight up combatant than the Archbishop unfortunately.  The Arch is soooooooo slow.  Even with full skills, AE's, and 2 nav points capped you won't even break 100 on the speedometer, and since you don't have Holy Charge you cannot kite or escape if things go south.  1 v 1 the Paladin can wreck the Arch no problem.

However, since the Archbishop is a capital ship, you can really pile on the caps and vents, and when you Priwen Burst that sucker, you can blast things right out of the map.  On the other hand, Priwen Bursting with a carrier....yeah unless you have templar fighters, your pilots are NOT going to be buying you any drinks after the battle (at least the ones that live).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:44:55 PM by Spenz »
Pages: 1 [2]