Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Starsector Ship Tiers  (Read 152425 times)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector Ship Tiers
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2015, 10:46:47 AM »

Maybe that Shepard got lucky - that Hyperion could have easily ONE PUUUUUNCHED it (nice avatar).

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2015, 11:09:47 AM »

AI does not use Hyperion to its full fighting potential.  It is superb at capturing points quickly, but not at killing things because it is a bit too conservative to do so effectively.  AI uses Tempest better than Hyperion.  Hyperion is simply a monster in player's hands.

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »

The same is probably true for the Monitor. I can't unterstand how it's only tier 3.

I can destroy EVERYTHING with a monitor. I even tried a simulation fight against a Paragon and Onslaugt together and still won without taking damage. It's just crazy in players hands

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2015, 11:53:15 AM »

Before the latest version of 0.65, Monitor could shield ram big ships to death, and shoot up small ships.  Destroyers were its bane.  They were not heavy enough to shield ram, and they were too beefy to kill quickly with flak and two small guns.  The last time I tried to shield ram ships to death, it was much less damaging that it used to be, even against capitals.

Many skilled tier 3 or 4 ships can solo an unskilled capital or two in the simulator.

Twogs

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »

Like I said i managed to ram even a Paragon to death. I don't have the feeling it's getting worse.

And the monitor isn't that bad in AI hands either, I have one (would like more but hard to find them) with an aggressive officer, he just flies straight between enemies and soaks up fire leaving me to destroy them one by one in my Hyperion (or by the missile salvos of my Vigilances)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 22, 2015, 01:33:44 PM »

Monitor can still ram capitals to death, but it is slower and much more dangerous than before.  Back when Monitor was introduced, it was easy.  Ramming a capital (and cruiser to lesser extent) did lots of damage back then, and built-up significant hard flux at a continuous rate such that the AI had no idea how to deal with it, making the Monitor a lethal joke playership.  Destroyers were light enough to be mostly immune to that cheese, and took minutes to kill with conventional weapon fire.

Monitor remains as a good anvil under AI control.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2016, 08:27:06 AM »

Do you guys really think that the Asura is that strong? Feels like the Morpheus deserves that tier 1 slot more.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2016, 08:33:30 AM »

Do you guys really think that the Asura is that strong? Feels like the Morpheus deserves that tier 1 slot more.
The Asura used to be a Destroyer, and for a destroyer it was that strong! It is still great though.

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2016, 08:45:23 AM »

Have the new vanilla ships been added yet? I'd love to know where in the tiers the Harbinger, Wayfarer, Scarab, and Centurion fit into. Although insta-tier 1 for Scarab is a given.
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2016, 08:47:01 AM »

It's really time-consuming to maintain this list, so I haven't been doing so.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]