Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bounty Triggered By...  (Read 1557 times)

TheOverWhelming

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Bounty Triggered By...
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »

So, I've been a horrible person and been simply killing the Independent faction.  However, I am not sure if the following is technically a bug mixed with a suggestion (could post it in the relevant section of the forums after the following has been dealt with)

I've been stationed at Magec all game (killing pirates and Independent), going to some nearby places to kill other factions stuff to then sell to Magec (or any other tritachyon place).  This means though, due to my love for the Independent's stuff, all of Magec's prices are ridiculously high

The point is:  the Independent hates me and put a bounty for my head (sort of)
Spoiler
[close]
As you can see, it even tells me I've been doing it.

Yet, after I killed an Independent Patrol for the hell of it (soon after, at least), the Tritachyon put this up.

Spoiler
[close]
I've clearly been the one causing all the 'pirate activity' in the system.  At the moment there aren't even that many pirates up
Spoiler
[close]

Shouldn't that say I've been causing it?  Logically, it makes sense.  "Oh he sells us lots of stuff, lets at least be official about it and pretend it's the pirates"
still though, I've been the cause.  It could all be a coincidence though (dunno how 'killing these guy' rewards are chosen to be given out)

On the side however, shouldn't they get annoyed that I even kill traders that are about to sell them stuff?

Should be noted I am using a modded game.
Edit: 88 with tri at the time iirc
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:08:23 PM by TheOverWhelming »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty Triggered By...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:49:51 PM »

My guess is that there were pirates in the vicinity when the bounty was posted - the bounty notes the most numerous (fleet-wise) hostile faction as the primary, though all targets hostile to the bounty-posting faction will result in a payout.

TheOverWhelming

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:01:24 AM »

I was the one doing the most damage to the Tritachyon though, albeit indirectly.
Having killed many Independent faction ships (including the ones they use for trade) I messed up the economy.
This whole time, though, I was at 88ish faction relation with the TriTachyon and -100 with the Independent.  There were only two pirate ships in system (maybe a few more outside the system, none of which were near after I went to hyperspace.
While what happened makes sense I almost feel like the intel should say that I was the cause and not pirate activity.  I only say this because I was the -actual cause- for all disruption on the trade routes and the attacks on shipping.
Tbh, this post would probably have been better in suggestions since it isn't necessarily a bug with the game, the only thing that could be described as a bug is the fact they (Tritachyon) believe it is the pirates causing all the problems when, in reality, it is me.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:55:01 PM »

Let me move it to Suggestions, yeah.