Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 54

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 325189 times)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65.2a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2015, 03:19:23 PM »

The new mission logos are great too.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2015, 03:35:18 PM »

New update! This is great news.

senor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2015, 03:48:21 PM »

UPDATE!!! WOO-HOO!  Thanks Alex and whoever else is working on these official releases, keep up the great work!

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2015, 03:52:04 PM »

You forgot to update the installer to create "0.65.2" folders.

Other than that... *is so excited* *runs around like a headless chicken*

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2015, 03:54:24 PM »

It seems i'll have some "work" to do tomorrow at work.

LE: Uh.. Alex? Why does window mode now consider itself borderless windowed mode? I often started it out on window just to move it to another monitor and play. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE borderless fullscreen but.. atm minus setting my 'bigger' monitor as primary so SS starts on it, there is no way around moving the borderless window aside from using third party utilities or toying with settings.json. How about just a checkmark in the launcher?

LE2: OH MY *** TACTICAL LASERS ARE INSANE. I mean, they /completely/ change the start game since you can outkite hounds and even Lashers now. Doesn't matter they take ages to drop a ship down, there is nothing really keeping you from engaging ANY small fleet now with three of these guys on a Wolf. Also works as anti-fighter. All the beginning hardships are null and void with the range on the new tac-lasers.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:09:00 PM by Cosmitz »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »

What do you mean? IIRC there is no version number in any of the installation folders.

LE: Uh.. Alex? Why does window mode now consider itself borderless windowed mode? I often started it out on window just to move it to another monitor and play. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE borderless fullscreen but.. atm minus setting my 'bigger' monitor as primary so SS starts on it, there is no way around moving the borderless window aside from using third party utilities or toying with settings.json. How about just a checkmark in the launcher?

Huh? It should have a border, unless you tweaked settings.json so that it doesn't. Just checked - both codewise and tried running the installed, windows version - and it seems to start with a decorated (i.e. with border) window.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2015, 04:22:04 PM »

Literally before i installed the new version, i started the old one and it propped up with a border, as it always did. No settings.json trickery, installed new version, no border.

[DELETED]

See my next reply below of confirmation of proper feature working, even if slightly undesired. ;p
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:31:55 PM by Cosmitz »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »

What do you mean? IIRC there is no version number in any of the installation folders.

I have no idea, then. My 0.65.2 installer wanted to create a "Starsector0.651a" folder.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2015, 04:27:10 PM »

"If starting the game at full screen resolution in windowed mode, will automatically use an undecorated window"

This is borderless fullscreen, isn't it? Set by default. At least, that's what the changelog tells me.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »

"If starting the game at full screen resolution in windowed mode, will automatically use an undecorated window"

This is borderless fullscreen, isn't it? Set by default. At least, that's what the changelog tells me.

That's it then! It's taking the resolution off my main monitor which is a 1280x1024 and deciding to borderless it even though i usually toss my 1600x900 window on the 1920x1080 monitor.

LE: Tested, if resolution is LESS than my 1280x1024 monitor it starts undecorated. *shrug* How about just a tickmark for borderless in the launcher, ey? :)

Unrelated, but why would anyone use the Ion Cannon over the Phase Beam now aside from more granular, if projectile/noninstahit damage?

LE2:

Uh. Re-entered after testing above, on clicking Load Game i get this:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog$1.compare(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Arrays.legacyMergeSort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.õ0Ò000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.String.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.i.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.null.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

With clicking Continue and then trying to Load Game from the game-proper, i get the same thing.

Cleared out my save folder, and it seems to work now. Though it's weird since i could load the list of all my old-old characters before i made a new one. It just fitzed when faced with both new and old saves? Maybe because of the new save compression? *shrug*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:40:19 PM by Cosmitz »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2015, 04:35:27 PM »

I have no idea, then. My 0.65.2 installer wanted to create a "Starsector0.651a" folder.

Weird - mine just creates a "Starsector" folder.

That's it then!

It's taking the resolution off my main monitor which is a 1280x1024 and deciding to borderless it even though i usually toss my 1600x900 window on the 1920x1080 monitor.

Ahh, yes, that's it. Hadn't considered the "smaller primary monitor" case. Hmm.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »

Weird - mine just creates a "Starsector" folder.

Probably just my computer keeping some sort of "installer settings" lying around. The folder it defaulted to to put the Starsector folder already had a Starsector folder in it, so maybe that's why it rustled up an alternative folder name. Who knows, computers work in mysterious ways.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »

(This is where I'm supposed to say that computers a predictable machines and do everything for a reason, but: no.)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2015, 04:45:03 PM »

@Alex:

Glad that's figured out. Just worked with the settings.json until the next hotfix, no real biggie since i'm an oddball that still thinks CRT's rule supreme in technology so you probably won't have too many other people with this issue.

Also, since i'm editing my last post in the previous page in real time now, check it out for a cool java pointer exception fresh from my starsector.log when loading a game! EXCITING! :D

@HartLord:
I don't know mate, i've been installing SS in the same folder for AGES (Starfarer days), on top of each previous installation and it never created different folders.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:46:38 PM by Cosmitz »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 10, 2015, 04:50:42 PM »

Re: NPE: hm, weird. Seems to have something to do with figuring out which mods the save is compatible with, but I can't tell more than that from the stack trace.

... and, yeah, eventually a checkbox would probably be nice. Messing with the launcher UI is very time-consuming, though, as it's written in Swing. I'll probably have to recode it from scratch in OpenGL at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 54