Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Testing Custom Ships  (Read 1627 times)

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile
Testing Custom Ships
« on: November 23, 2014, 07:35:39 AM »

Hello everyone, recently i have started the process of getting into modding, i'm starting simple, just with a custom ship, ive followed some tutorials and supposedly it works, but i have not been able to find it in-game aside from the codex, is there a, easier way to get my hands on it for testing other than combing the markets for hours? hell, will it even appear in the markets? or is there some special step that wasn't mentioned in the tutorials related to properly adding your ship to the campaign?

thanks in advance!

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Testing Custom Ships
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »

A) Create a mission and add the variant for your ship
B) Use Lazy's Console Commands mod to add it in the campaign
C) Create an entire faction, planets, markets, and your ship is one of the ships picked in the many ship roles defined in the faction file.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:09:03 AM »

Although the way the fleets are built right now is pretty awkward. I'm really not a fan of the fact that there are no faction ships anymore, the factions have no personality aside from banned goods.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »

If you just need to try a new ship in battle, you can add it to the list of opponents for the simulation in the company and try it there. In developer mode you can bring it under control and try it's working capacity. I checked my ships in such a way.