Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: [Important!] Modded System Requirements  (Read 517692 times)

Lprsti99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Load Saves? Use 64-bit Java! (Instructions Inside)
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 06:41:35 PM »

Are you SURE you are using java 64 bit? Because this sounds like you are still using 32 bit java. To be sure, fire the game up with 1024m set and look at the first few lines of the log. It should say if java is 32 or 64 bit.

That's really obnoxious.  I've got Java 7, and every way I try to set it up doesn't work.  Well, back to the drawing board.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 06:47:11 PM »

Are you SURE you are using java 64 bit? Because this sounds like you are still using 32 bit java. To be sure, fire the game up with 1024m set and look at the first few lines of the log. It should say if java is 32 or 64 bit.

That's really obnoxious.  I've got Java 7, and every way I try to set it up doesn't work.  Well, back to the drawing board.
Dude, just because you have Java 7 doesn't mean that SS will use the 64 bit version. Also, another thing you might want to try is replacing the included JRE with the 64 bit version
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Lprsti99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2015, 06:49:53 PM »

Dude, just because you have Java 7 doesn't mean that SS will use the 64 bit version. Also, another thing you might want to try is replacing the included JRE with the 64 bit version

Yeah, I know, and I tried that.  Guess something was up with my java install, reinstalled and it's sorted now.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 07:22:44 PM »

Yeah, I know, and I tried that.  Guess something was up with my java install, reinstalled and it's sorted now.
Good! I'd glad it is working out for you!
Oh, welcome to the forums and happy hunting!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2015, 05:30:46 PM »

Well, I thought I found a way to get 20 mods at once... so I downloaded a lot of the .62 exerelin mods from the mod repository and put them into my mods folder, without doing what it said to do. (I downloaded all the mods, chose the ones I wanted, copied and pasted into my mods folder). After doing 64 bit java in .62a SS, I can ONLY see mods installed when I run starsector.exe but not starsector.bat (I open .bat and choose mods then it says you have none installed...)

So what now?
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2015, 02:20:23 AM »

Are you SURE you are using 0.62a bat? Because there was a bug in the first release of 0.65a bat that moved the mod folder from Starsector/mods to Starsector/starsector-core/mods.

Kosh800

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2015, 05:53:25 AM »

Hi all, I'm new to the game and figured I'd start off with the vanilla+ mod to get going.  Sadly I can't figure out how to run it.  I've tried all the steps here, multiple times.  I can't figure this crap out and I'm about to kill someone, something, or both.

Each time I get to the same spot, I can launch the launcher (either through the bat or the launcher after editing the vmparams file).  The launcher always loads, I make sure the mod is listed and activated, then I start the game.  The game starts and I get the loading progress bar.  It gets to the end then I get the same error every time, Fatal Index 0 blah blah blah.  The end of the log says this:

"14364 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
14367 [Thread-5] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 267.85 MB of texture data so far
14368 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/atlas_af.png (using cast)
14528 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)"

I have 2 versions of Java installed, just for *** and giggles.  I have the older 7 (which was the original recommendation on the first post, but it's also out dated) as well as the version 8.  I didn't even bother directing it to version 8 in any of my tries, nor did I copy and paste the version 8 into the core folder.  I just have it there ... for some reason.  I did find a 64 bit version of version 7, though, which was nice of CNET to give me so I didn't have to sign into Oracle. 

Anyway, I'm going to bed.  Can anyone offer me help so I can figure this out when I get up tomorrow (today)?  Otherwise I might be bald by the end of the night.

EDIT: Oh, also, I had trouble editing and saving the vmparams file because of permission errors, though I eventually told my computer to STFU and know who it's master is.  I'm also not sure if putting the starting and ending storage numbers as gigs or megs mattered so I eventually tried both to no avail.  I'm also running 8 gigs and tried 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, and 1-4 ... in both "2g" form as well as "2048m" form.  Also, obviously, to no avail. 

Is it illegal to shoot your computer?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:59:04 AM by Kosh800 »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2015, 06:30:30 AM »

Uh, well, if you even get that error it means you did the 64 bit stuff correctly.  A mod you have active is likely broken, though.

What's your full mod list?

Kosh800

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2015, 05:22:35 PM »

I only have Starsector+ 2.6.7+ ... which I believe is a ton of them put together? 

Kosh800

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2015, 05:57:48 PM »

Okay ... never mind.  It appears that I didn't have all the required mods to actually run that mod.  I seem to have fixed that and have the game up and running.  Thanks for letting me know I did the 64 bit stuff right, though!  It made me look for other solutions.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »

This fix doesn't seem to work for me, and it's definitely running the 64bit version but after a while of playing I won't be able to load my saves. I am allocating 6g, surely that is enough to run SS with a ton of mods??

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2015, 10:04:08 PM »

This fix doesn't seem to work for me, and it's definitely running the 64bit version but after a while of playing I won't be able to load my saves. I am allocating 6g, surely that is enough to run SS with a ton of mods??

6GB is more than enough for all the mods combined.  Are you even using the latest version of starsector?

Sotales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2015, 11:10:59 AM »

Hi! May want to update this to refer to Java 8 instead of Java 7.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »

Java 7 is the SDK level targeted by Starsector.

Zarkov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2015, 10:20:19 AM »

I'm running into a weird bug when I try to use 64bit java runtimes.

For some odd reason my mouse cursor disappears whenever I use 64 bit java. I've tried JRE7, 8.31 and 8.40 and the problem occurs with all versions.

The game launches normally, when the main screen pops up it's running normally however the cursor is invisible. The cursor is still working because the different menu options still highlight when I hover over them.  It's just invisible, the really weird part is that as soon as I alt Tab the cursor becomes available, but when I click on any option within the starsector window, starsector comes back into focus and the cursor turns invisible again.

None of this happens when I use 32bit java.  I'm running windows 10 technical preview.

Update: Hmm... it might not be a 64bit issue after all. The problem only seems to occur when I try to run the game at my native resolution 3840x2160. Which is also odd, because the game ran fine on that resolution before I started using mods.

Update 2: never mind, the problem is not related to starsector at all. Apparently windows 10 sneakily pushed a driver update for my graphics card which caused the issue. A driver rollback solved it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:14:07 AM by Zarkov »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30