Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: [Important!] Modded System Requirements  (Read 513133 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: Can't Load Saves? Use 64-bit Java! (Instructions Inside)
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 02:36:44 PM »

In the starsector_core folder, you should be able to see the .bat file.  If it's not there, your install is messed up.

Frost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 02:35:46 PM »

In the starsector_core folder, you should be able to see the .bat file.  If it's not there, your install is messed up.
Well, then I guess i will have to reinstall it, i'll get back to you when I do that

Frost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 03:01:57 PM »

Well, then I guess i will have to reinstall it, i'll get back to you when I do that

Alright well i'm done reinstalling and the .bat file is still not there

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »

Hm.  If he didn't know what you meant by operating system, he might not know what you mean by .bat file, either - windows will "helpfully" hide file extensions by default.

What that means is a file might be named "Starsector.bat" - but windows will show it as if it were named "Starsector", with a file type of "Windows Batch File".
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Frost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »

Hm.  If he didn't know what you meant by operating system, he might not know what you mean by .bat file, either - windows will "helpfully" hide file extensions by default.

What that means is a file might be named "Starsector.bat" - but windows will show it as if it were named "Starsector", with a file type of "Windows Batch File".

Well then, you are a genius because i do indeed have a windows batch file named starsector, I really need to revise on everything computers........ I guess it slightly makes sense as english is not my first language. Anyway, thankyou

Frost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 04:44:53 PM »

Well thanks to Wyvern and everyone else I got past step four, now step five, I know two files that have that xms, vmparams and the horrid .bat file, which one do I change?

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »

.bat

Frost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »

Well, thanks to everyone that helped and it works so I can finally play this goddamn game modded ( I should disable shader lib, its really laggy for my computer )

Asauski

• Ensign
  • I'm fluent in google translate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 05:06:50 AM »

I have a problem starting the starsector, every time I open the game, it generates this file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »

Either you don't have a 64-bit operating system or you ran completely out of available memory.

Edit: definitely running out of memory.  You have a whopping 2 GB of RAM, man.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:12:58 PM by Dark.Revenant »

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 11:08:15 PM »

Hi again, D.R. I have more problems to share =c

I am bad. We both know this by now. It took me a little bit of time to realize that I had to run the .bat to get this fix to actually work. You -clearly- say that at the bottom of the guide, and I recognize that. I just wanted to suggest, perhaps, giving it a glow, or any other kind of highlight, just so anyone else might not make my same mistake. It's not necessary, just hope that it'd be helpful.

Thanks!

Frelus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »

As soon as I change the "-xms 1024m -xmx 1024m", the .bat file just opens up and closes again in an instant without starting Starsector. 
Here's what my file lloks like: 
Spoiler
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -
Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../mods -classpath
janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.res.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-
0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util_applet.jar;jinput.jar;lwjgl_test.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar
com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
[close]

when working and here: 
Spoiler
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms2048m -Xmx3072m -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -
Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../mods -classpath
janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.res.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-
0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util_applet.jar;jinput.jar;lwjgl_test.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar
com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
[close]
is how I try to edit it to increase the ram it uses. 
Any idea what the fault is?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »

You didn't follow step 4 correctly.

Frelus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 09:17:52 AM »

Okay, now it says "start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin" java.exe" etc., and there's an error saying "java.exe could not be found". 
Even though I looked again and just copied the path from my java installation.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 09:52:25 AM »

well, first of all, the java  you want is not in x86, its in your standard program files, if done correctly, it should look something like this.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\Java" -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30