Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.65.1a Strange Intel Behavior  (Read 1665 times)

SatchelCharge

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
0.65.1a Strange Intel Behavior
« on: November 14, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »

I've just downloaded and installed some mods, so stop me now if any of them might screw up Intel... but I don't get how they could  ??? ???

- ShaderLib
- LazyLib
- Common Radar
- Version Checker

Two things happened. First, I left Eos and set a course to Corvus. I received no Intel for a long time (1+ week), then suddenly a bunch of Intel happened all at once. Here is a screenshot, and I have a save file if you'd like.

Spoiler
[close]

Second, a month later, I am getting messages about "food shortage relief fleet" arrival at Skathi... but there was never a message about the food shortage to begin with, nor a message about the relief fleet being sent!

Spoiler
[close]

I tried to disable the mods and reload my save... same things happened.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.65.1a Strange Intel Behavior
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

Hmm. I think this is normal.

1) You only get messages when you're in or near a star system with a comm relay.
2) Not all messages travel all over the sector. Skathi being a minor market, you might not have heard about the shortage if you were far enough away - i.e. it didn't make the news where you were at. (This is necessary to manage the amount of messages the player gets; will become especially relevant when there are more events and markets.)

SatchelCharge

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: 0.65.1a Strange Intel Behavior
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »

I must be losing my sanity. I don't remember seeing either of these things until now  :-[