Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to start modding in .65?  (Read 1479 times)

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
How to start modding in .65?
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »

Considering how things changed in campaign along with all the new economic things, I was wondering if there was anything of particular importance not covered in the various guides on the forums if I was to try making a new faction in .65. Also, does Trylobot's ship editor still work for it?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: How to start modding in .65?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »

There's a scattering of information in the last several pages of the misc modding questions thread, but I don't think anyone has written a definitive guide for the new campaign systems yet. Your best bet is to look at how vanilla does things (starsector-core/data/scripts/world + subfolders) and modify it to work the way you need. You can also look at the updated mods; almost no mods use loose scripts these days but many of them include their source code in the jars folder.

Either way, if you're lost on what something does just play around with it (dev mode + F8 are your friends, they reload everything including scripts). And get used to seeing the 'new game' screen a lot. ;)