Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 71786 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2014, 08:32:09 AM »

@ Alex:  I know about the json file, but I feel like I am modding the game and cheating if I do that, unlike changing settings within the game.  With objectives, I try to save some SP for Advanced Tactics once I start deploying big fleets in the endgame.  Without objectives, I can totally ignore the Advanced Tactics skill (as long as marines are only good for boarding ships).  Without objectives, both sides have no distractions, no exploits, no tricks - just a simple melee slugfest.

It seemed strange that battle size can be adjusted within the game but not "maxNoObjectiveBattleSize", if the latter did not scale with the former.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2014, 06:39:09 AM »

Should patrols perform inspections on fleets of their own faction? I've seen the Sindrians do that once (was with SS+ though).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2014, 10:06:52 AM »

@ Alex:  I know about the json file, but I feel like I am modding the game and cheating if I do that, unlike changing settings within the game.  With objectives, I try to save some SP for Advanced Tactics once I start deploying big fleets in the endgame.  Without objectives, I can totally ignore the Advanced Tactics skill (as long as marines are only good for boarding ships).  Without objectives, both sides have no distractions, no exploits, no tricks - just a simple melee slugfest.

It seemed strange that battle size can be adjusted within the game but not "maxNoObjectiveBattleSize", if the latter did not scale with the former.

Well, yes, you'd be cheating :) It's not meant to scale with battle size, I think objectives start to make sense once a certain number of ships can be on the field, and that's not tied to the maximum number of ships that can possibly be on the field.

Should patrols perform inspections on fleets of their own faction? I've seen the Sindrians do that once (was with SS+ though).

Yep.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2014, 05:51:51 AM »

Just wanted to mention that - as far as I know - the order of faction relationship states is not shown anywhere in the game. Same for the numerical value associated with it. So if the game tells you you need "welcoming" to get a certain ship, that means nothing to a player who hasn't read the blogpost. Maybe a tooltip in the faction tab?

e/ And, completely unrelated, drones speed of the map when their mothership burns away, even when they are far from the border. Very obvious with the Shepherd. Would be more convincing for them to just pop, like fighters that were left behind.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:14:46 PM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2014, 06:28:15 AM »

e/ And, completely unrelated, drones speed of the map when their mothership burns away, even when they are far from the border. Very obvious with the Shepherd. Would be more convincing for them to just pop, like fighters that were left behind.

The moment the shepard does leave the field the drones explode. I'm rather confused about what your talking about.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »

Just wanted to mention that - as far as I know - the order of faction relationship states is not shown anywhere in the game. Same for the numerical value associated with it. So if the game tells you you need "welcoming" to get a certain ship, that means nothing to a player who hasn't read the blogpost. Maybe a tooltip in the faction tab?

Hmm, yeah.

The moment the shepard does leave the field the drones explode. I'm rather confused about what your talking about.

I think they try to follow while it's burning off the map, but when it's actually removed from combat, they explode.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2014, 12:37:21 PM »

Yeah, that's what happening. Since the Borer drones are usually quite far away from the Shepherd, and thus also far away from the map border, it looks rather strange when they speed past you with burn speed. Of course just a minor detail.

Unrelated: Will you post patch notes before the next release? :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »

Unrelated: Will you post patch notes before the next release? :)

... probably. Likely, I'd say, since it's taking a bit longer.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2014, 02:14:44 PM »

Then this seems like a good time to close the thread, till further news :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]