Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 71783 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Starsector 0.65.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:46:07 AM »

Blog post/download here.

Changes as of November 03, 2014

Miscellaneous:
  • Added keyboard shortcut for "Take All" in salvage screen ('R')
  • "Do not show again" option in campaign help now checked by default
  • Simulation battles in the campaign now allow you to deploy other members of your fleet as allies
  • All simulation battles now have unlimited command points
  • Enemy fleets will deploy more ships at the start of a battle
  • Increased default memory allocation to 1024m (up from 512m)

Modding:
  • CampaignUIAPI.showInteractionDialog() now properly handles a null interactionTarget parameter
  • Fixed NPE in weapon.getBarrelSpriteAPI() for non-beam weapons w/ no barrels
  • EveryFrameCombatPlugin.renderInXXXCoords() now called from title screen as well as combat
  • Added angle, location, and specId getters to MissileRenderDataAPI
  • Fixed getMergedSpreadsheetDataForMod NPE
  • Mods can now properly override core ship skins
  • Added zeroFluxEngineBoost to settings.json
  • Made game properly merge economy.json/starmap.json/other starsystem config files
  • CampaignEngineListener.reportPlayerEngagement now only gets called for player battles (instead of all)
  • Fixed intel tab crash when in a star system that has no hyperspace anchor
  • Spawned fleets now have a "fleetType" variable in memory that corresponds to a String constant in the  FleetTypes class
  • Merc fleets that are actually pirates have a variable $isPirate set to true
  • Vanilla ship skins no longer interfere with total conversion loading
  • Added to ViewportAPI: setExternalControl()/isExternalControl()
  • Factions now use "defaultTariff" in economy.json as the default instead of defaulting to 0.3
  • Added CampaignEngineListener.reportFleetSpawned()

Bugfixes:
  • Built-in weapons no longer have a chance to show up for sale (i.e. the TPC from the Onslaught)
  • Frag and cluster bomb bays no longer show up for sale
  • Cerberus frigate properly uses updated graphics
  • Fixed typo in one of character creation options (missing "on")
  • Fixed issue where you couldn't sell hand/ship weapons on the military market (now: always can, regardless of reputation, as long as market is accessible)
  • Fixed issue where buying/selling commodities in tiny batches could yield slightly better prices
  • Fixed NullPointerException in the ship AI (StrafeTargetManeuverV2)
  • Fixed Ox-class Tug's bounds (was using bounds for old sprite)
  • Removed "defective" description from Hegemony/Luddic Church Hound skins
  • Fixed bug that caused ship engines to have a lot less health than they should
  • Fixed bug where UI buttons would sometimes stop working after post-combat salvage
  • Fixed bug where mounting weapons on a ship and then selling the ship would yield more credits than selling both separately
  • One of the Mule (D) variants mistakenly had a Heavy Mauler in an energy weapon slot
  • Fixed bug where losing ships in a lost battle would sometimes leave you with 0-size stacks of items
  • Fixed bug where all fleets had green crew, now defaults to regular
  • Fixed bug where comm channel access would not get revoked after a reputation drop, and the player would receive messages about their access being revoked every couple of days
  • Fixed issue where large fleets would have trouble with comm sniffer installs/customs scans due to their size exceeding the interruption range
  • Total recovery cost in ship tooltip now properly considers fighter wing size
  • Fixed text highlighting issue in initial person bounty posting
  • Fixed bug where changing flagships before the engagement became permanent if the "transfer command" option was selected multiple times
  • Fixed (probably) occasional crash when exiting out of the core UI using the power button in the top right
  • Fixed bug where non-(D) ship skins were not showing their descriptions
  • Gray circles no longer show up in hyperspace at the center of various map labels ("The Core Worlds" etc)
  • Borer drone system now uses proper icon
  • Fixed issue where the repair option at markets would not be properly highlighted, or would be free under some circumstances
  • Mothballed ships no longer count for the pursuing fleet's burn level when determining whether pursuit is possible
  • No customs inspections if the player fleet is transitioning into hyperspace or drifting through hyperspace while out of fuel
  • Fixed bug where it was possible to install a comm sniffer multiple times on the same relay
  • Fixed bug where the same food shortage event could be ended by the player multiple times in a row
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:10:09 PM by Alex »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:07:15 AM »

(Currently uploading updated API javadoc, should done in a few minutes tops.)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »

Whoa! Another update!

btw: What's a Borer Drone? Is that the little laser drone that new small drone ship uses?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »

Yess, thanks Alex, downloading now!

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »

Awesome.  Grabbin' this.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »

Wow that is a long bugfix list. Alex you should really consider giving community somewhat raw pre-update so we can go in bug hunt for you. Look how fast all that bugs floated up to surface after 0.65 release. You spend less time looking for bugs and more time in fixing them and all other not-bug related stuff. Just a thought :P

Hehehe we really killed your server 2h to dl new update.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »

Whoa! Another update!

btw: What's a Borer Drone? Is that the little laser drone that new small drone ship uses?

Yep, that's the one.

Wow that is a long bugfix list. Alex you should really consider giving community somewhat raw pre-update so we can go in bug hunt for you. Look how fast all that bugs floated up to surface after 0.65 release. You spend less time looking for bugs and more time in fixing them and all other not-bug related stuff. Just a thought :P

I have been thinking about it. Just not sure about the logistics of it and whether it's really fair to ask someone to do that. I've been more thinking about it in terms of asking modders to take a look to see if the stuff they want to do works...

Hehehe we really killed your server 2h to dl new update.

Hmm, weird - it's not slow when I try it. Have you tried the alternate download links? Maybe it's just an issue getting to Amazon's S3 from where you're at.

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:03 AM »

Spoiler
54132 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 0, FP2: 799, maxFP1: 120, maxFP2: 180
66758 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.C.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.E.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.H.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Still crashing.   :(

Specifically, when I deploy an enemy carrier and fighter wing.  Just crashes right when they spawn.

Also, suggestion: allowing you to deploy allies in the simulation from the Sim pool in Missions.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:43:57 AM by NikolaiLev »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 11:44:52 AM »

Can you be a little more specific about what you're doing? I just tried a "run simulation", deployed an enemy carrier + fighter wing, no crash.

Edit: also, this looks like a very different crash... hmm.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:59:55 AM by Alex »

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »

Remember that mod I sent you?  Tried to deploy a Kitty Hawk carrier and an ASF-4 Fighter Wing.  Instant crash upon hitting the Deploy button.  I was using the ISS Black Star from the first vanilla mission.  This happens with any other ship I try, and doesn't require the Kitty Hawk to crash; seems to be linked to the mod's fighters.

Now that I think about it, it might be linked to the Afterburner AI mod.

EDIT: Tried removing Afterburner ship system on the ASF-4.  Still instant crash.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:27:38 PM by NikolaiLev »

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »

Complaining of a crash concerning a modded up game? Sheesh... take it up with the mod authors.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »

Ah, hmm. If you're able to reproduce this in vanilla, that might help. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I can do here.

Complaining of a crash concerning a modded up game? Sheesh... take it up with the mod authors.

Well, some mod-related crashes are indicative of vanilla, or still happen in vanilla, so you never know. The good news seems to be that this one isn't in vanilla (knock on wood?)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 12:40:34 PM »

I have been thinking about it. Just not sure about the logistics of it and whether it's really fair to ask someone to do that. I've been more thinking about it in terms of asking modders to take a look to see if the stuff they want to do works...
Well, logistic side of it is entirely on you as for fairness it would be volunteering "work" aka download it and post bugs that you find. You know, when people want to help. Just help :D  And instead of asking you could make it like plea  ::)

Hmm, weird - it's not slow when I try it. Have you tried the alternate download links? Maybe it's just an issue getting to Amazon's S3 from where you're at.
I tried again and now is working normal. Mirror too. Maybe it was my ISP.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »

Remember that mod I sent you?  Tried to deploy a Kitty Hawk carrier and an ASF-4 Fighter Wing.  Instant crash upon hitting the Deploy button.  I was using the ISS Black Star from the first vanilla mission.  This happens with any other ship I try, and doesn't require the Kitty Hawk to crash; seems to be linked to the mod's fighters.

Now that I think about it, it might be linked to the Afterburner AI mod.

EDIT: Tried removing Afterburner ship system on the ASF-4.  Still instant crash.
A note to yourself, and for that matter, a lot of end-users interested in installing mods for Starsector:

Unless the author him/her/themselves explicitly declare otherwise, presume that all mods that haven't been updated since October 20th of this year, to NOT work with v0.65a or newer.

Too many things were changed around in the core code to expect anything more than successfully loading the game, and little more than that.

The mod that you are trying to run, the Patrian Principate, hasn't been updated once since it's initial release in late October/early November of 2013.

So... odds are, random crashes are almost guaranteed, even if only trying to load the non-campaign missions.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »

I take it that this will break saves?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5