Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Funding NPC fleets of Factions and others  (Read 1477 times)

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Funding NPC fleets of Factions and others
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »

Something along the lines of if you are +100 with a faction you can fund fleets to them, pick the ships, crew, fittings and let an NPC control it. I was thinking it would tie in with later possible additions like faction warfare, where you could beef up a faction to allow it to defend/conquer better. you could also fund the pirates with phase ships and descend the sector into anarchy if you felt like it ::)

One other thing i thought would be a good addition that would tie in with the "Officer" tab, you could have smaller fleets that normally function within your fleet, but you can have splinter off and do your bidding. For example, if you have a Huge fleet, you cannot sneak into a station. but, what if you could split off a few frigates to go dock with the station instead? you wouldn't have to dock with a nearby station, store your fleet/cargo/crew/etc.  Or, like how the Larger factions have the Fast picket fleets [ really annoying by the way good job ] that intercept you rather quickly. you could have say a wing of  talons or wasps orbit farther from your fleet that you can control separately in the map, using to pursue fleeing enemies. Those Could be commanded by your officers.

Thought of this coming home today, maybe you could set your secondary fleet to intercept/strike/harass like you can do in battle?

i hope that was clear, i am better at reading than i am at writing.  :-\

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Funding NPC fleets of Factions and others
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 07:55:47 AM »

You can have it both at once by allowing officers to have their own independent fleets. Player could hire faction's officer (better unlocked at higher tiers of relations) and order him to do things (like building his own fleet automatically or completing player's set) or dismiss him immediately, possibly buffing faction. Equipping whole faction should be rather done by selling lots of wargear at their markets (for example, that's what USA did during WWII).
Splittable fleet would be done rather by making player's and officer's fleets work as one under command of player. You could send that "officer's part" of fleet to, for example, slow down/harass/destroy fleet faster than yours.
However, if at all, this is a far future of Starsector and we will not see anything working soon (at least I think so).

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Funding NPC fleets of Factions and others
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »

0.65 JUST came out after a little while, so i don't expect it to just have another huge update in a month or something. But i wanted to write this down somewhere where others could see so i don't forget  :-\