Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Should debris fields show up on the map tab?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.65.1a] Tradewinds II  (Read 22633 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Tradewinds II
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 09:48:07 AM »

If the two sides fighting are military fleets of two major factions, I could see them leaving behind more than usual because they wouldn't need it as much as a pirate fleet would.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:51 AM »

I like having the debris field on the map. It's useful to see if 2 fleets are actually fighting or just near each other.

Would it be hard to make it so there is a random chance of an item being lost per time so that a field simply degrades away? That way you could have a more organic feel to their disappearance.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 08:52:21 AM »

While crusing around in my freighter, some pirates attacked me... or they didn't because the game crashed. The part about "PersistantDebris" made me think this mod might have caused it. Im not that good with code so i don't reallly know whats going on here  :-\

Spoiler
11448982 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at campaign.PersistantDebrisFleetEncounterContext.SyncFleetCargo(PersistantDebrisFleetEncounterContext.java:170)
   at campaign.PersistantDebrisFleetEncounterContext.generateLoot(PersistantDebrisFleetEncounterContext.java:161)
   at campaign.PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.losingPath(PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.java:949)
   at campaign.PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.goToEncounterEndPath(PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.java:846)
   at campaign.PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.updateMainState(PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.java:1404)
   at campaign.PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.optionSelected(PersistantDebrisFleetInteractionDialogPlugin.java:505)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.A.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

The other mods I'm running are:
Starsector +
All ships in refit battles
Common Radar
Console Commands
LazyLib
Random Sector
The Mayorate
Yours(TradeWinds II)
Version Checker
ShaderLib

Hope something comes from this and if you need anything else ask  :-[

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »

Whoa, the voting is split dead-even.

Seems to me the best thing is to have it be toggle-able, if possible.

nonomo4

• Lieutenant
  • The Light!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Whoa, the voting is split dead-even.

Seems to me the best thing is to have it be toggle-able, if possible.

I agree, while some people would like the whole idea of using observation skill to find loot, others may just want a casual way to gain resources without having to do a lot of looking.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 05:18:18 AM »

An interesting poll result, yeah.

It could be made togglable but not cleanly or easily and I don't believe that's the best option here.

Well, since this idea came about as an alternative solution, what better than an alternative solution!
Since people already think the fields go away too quickly, I'll add about a day to the current ones and keep those showing up on radar.

Then I will change the decay behaviour so that any decaying debris field randomly destroys about half the loot, adding the other half to a much larger, much longer lasting, invisible to radar field called something like "Dispersed debris cloud".  Ideally I'll do a range check and add any decaying debris from multiple fields to just the one large dispersed field.

It can sit there for a month or so, but only be found by coming across it.

Later on (though this will take quite a lot more work) interacting with these dispersed fields should be more complicated, perhaps an interaction dialog and/or some industry skill checks, with variable loot returned and taking a considerable amount of campaign time to trawl through them, perhaps about a week of searching before you get a loot screen.  All that will need to wait for the future mind you, and I hope to implement a basic version of mining (in the sense of: drop off mining crawler, return later) before doing that.

-------------------------- BUG DIAGNOSIS FOLLOWS ---------------------------

Sorry to say Hiigaran, but Tradewinds II is entirely incompatible with Starsector+.  (I updated the initial post to say so a while back, but it's easy not to notice.)

The error you're getting is because Starsector+ has overwritten Tradewinds' plugins and implementation code - and it needs to, because otherwise most of Starsector+'s campaign level features wouldn't be working instead.

Before I do anything else in terms of features, I'm going to put in some work to have TWII's code be a library and then have the mod call that library.  Then it should at least be plausible for Dark.Revenant and other authors of large modpacks to support Tradewinds.  It's never going to be trivial though, so I'm not going to actually push for its inclusion or even permission to release my own inclusion patch until I have a 100% guaranteed step by step method for getting it to work together myself that I can put in front of authors.  If it's at all a pain, I wouldn't expect most people to want to put in the effort integrating it (there aren't enough cool features yet) but I'm hoping if I do all of the work and make it nice and easy, D.R and others will be okay about conditionally including it or letting me release an inclusion version.

Unfortunately I've been ill lately, which is why you're getting this post about what I plan to do instead of me having actually done anything about it :(

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »

It is? I haven't had any problem though.

Then again, I haven't actually had much combat at all.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »

I have not looked at this mod, due to lack of time.  How have you set up your internals?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

I've done some combat with both Starsector+ and Tradewinds enabled, and haven't had any technical problems.

On the other hands, I've earned tons simply by following the Templars around and picking up the debris left behind when they attack planets and stations, since I can just immediately sell it off. :P

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 11:49:48 AM »

You can see the technical problems when you encounter a fleet in a neutral posture and decide to disengage.

Lord0Trade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 11:52:44 AM »

Can someone PLEASE revive this mod and update it?!

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 01:34:48 PM »

Feel free, but I think it'd be better to wait until the next update - this sort of thing will fit much better with the new campaign stuff Alex has been working on, and he might in fact implement a better version of it.

I stopped working on it seriously when I realized it would be really, really fiddly to get it working well with Starsector+ or any of the other large scale enhancement mods that I didn't really want to play without.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:18:04 PM by Darloth »
Pages: 1 [2]