Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Loading multiple 0.65a mods  (Read 2300 times)

Dimuyen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Loading multiple 0.65a mods
« on: October 31, 2014, 02:07:15 PM »

Hey guys,

I dunno if I'm the only one seeing this, but I've been checking out the work in progress mods that are being brought up to 0.65a and i've started to notice that if I load up enough mods concurrently, some of them will not spawn any ships.

I tried increasing the trade fleet maximum to 500 in settings.json, but the max fleet number I've seen is 106 of 500.

So for example if I load up Citadel 0.7.3 and Scy 0.7, Shadowyards 0.4x-dev; then shadowyards doesn't spawn any ships. If I add The Mayorate 0.8, then neither shadowyards nor the mayorate will spawn ships.

Secondarily I've noticed that if a faction's fleets aren't spawning, you can't dock at their markets. You don't even get the "there's no market here" dialog, no docking occurs at all.

Obviously testing this is very time-consuming so before I bother, anyone else even seeing something like that? Any ideas?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Loading multiple 0.65a mods
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »

Have you followed the instructions given by the modders? Such as needing to edit the starsector-core files for economy and starcharts? I believe Citadel and Mayorate require you to do so.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »

This is a known issue with the starmap and economy json merging. There is a Java work around (although I would say it's a better way to do it in the first place) that people are adopting.

Though you will see this feature fixed in the next patch.

Dimuyen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 03:20:15 PM »

Good thoughts, and it did occur to me that maybe that was the issue, but adding those did not fix the issue.

Yes it's apparent that some folks have figured out a way around the bug since some of the mods don't need this addition to those 2 files if you load them by themselves.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »

I'm planning on fixing this for the mayorate this weekend.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 06:50:22 PM »

Same here, kazi! Citadel should be code integrated by the weekend's end.

Venatos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 04:46:05 AM »

good to hear, im looking forward to get mayorate and citadel back into my game.
as awesome as 0.65 is, 5 factions that share 2 shipsets was getting somewhat monotone.